Noob Questions

FaisalJ

Cars
Got the delivery of Air GT a few days back. Still trying to get the hang of a few things. Previous car is 2019 Tesla Model S 100D.

Here are a few questions:

1. The car is giving an error message (see image where the error sign is below the Air logo) - but it is not clear to me where to go and see what exact error is this, and how should it be fixed. Any ideas?

2. I have programmed HomeLink for the garage opener. But it doesn’t automatically open or close the garage door (like Tesla). We have to manually navigate the menu and click on the button to do it. Is it how the current software supposed to work, or am I missing a step in the set up?

3. While driving the car, it keeps making some sounds e.g. when the traffic ahead starts moving or a turn is coming up. But it is not clear what those sounds mean, and how can they be switched on or off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

ECECE347-4373-423C-A459-8E6D9CAFE125.jpeg

Congrats and welcome!
1. The car is giving an error message (see image where the error sign is below the Air logo) - but it is not clear to me where to go and see what exact error is this, and how should it be fixed. Any ideas?
You should contact service to find out what that error is.

2. I have programmed HomeLink for the garage opener. But it doesn’t automatically open or close the garage door (like Tesla). We have to manually navigate the menu and click on the button to do it. Is it how the current software supposed to work, or am I missing a step in the set up?
It is manual for now, with the exception of the fact that it will be geofences to your home so when you arrive it will pop up the option. You still have to tap it to open the garage though.

3. While driving the car, it keeps making some sounds e.g. when the traffic ahead starts moving or a turn is coming up. But it is not clear what those sounds mean, and how can they be switched on or off.
See here: https://manual.deneb.prod.infotainm...tml#GUID-41D066BF-78B2-406C-A101-50CBF44A09B4

My guess is you’re hearing the traffic sign recognition.

For the error icon, isn't that the lane departure warning is turned off indication?

For the error icon, isn't that the lane departure warning is turned off indication?
Lane departure, I have switched off myself, since it annoys me. That is fine.

There is an error message below the Air logo, which I can’t figure out. I suspect it has to do with front sensors (below the Lucid label in the front) getting some dirt. But really not sure. And cleaning the front of the car hasn’t made a difference.

Lane departure, I have switched off myself, since it annoys me. That is fine.

There is an error message below the Air logo, which I can’t figure out. I suspect it has to do with front sensors (below the Lucid label in the front) getting some dirt. But really not sure. And cleaning the front of the car hasn’t made a difference.
Does it give you a warning when you first turn the car on? I've seen that triangle mostly for parking sensors.

Got the delivery of Air GT a few days back. Still trying to get the hang of a few things. Previous car is 2019 Tesla Model S 100D.

Here are a few questions:

Any thoughts?

Thanks

View attachment 5668
Did you have PPF applied to the car? If they covered the sensors with the PPF and didn't cut out holes for them, you will get an error.

What’s the best way to contact support for this type of question?
I'd say texting them. You can find the info in the Lucid app.

Got the delivery of Air GT a few days back. Still trying to get the hang of a few things. Previous car is 2019 Tesla Model S 100D. Here are a few questions: 1. The car is giving an error message (see image where the error sign is below the Air logo) - but it is not clear to me where to go and see what exact error is this, and how should it be fixed. Any ideas? 2. I have programmed HomeLink for the garage opener. But it doesn’t automatically open or close the garage door (like Tesla). We have to manually navigate the menu and click on the button to do it. Is it how the current software supposed to work, or am I missing a step in the set up? 3. While driving the car, it keeps making some sounds e.g. when the traffic ahead starts moving or a turn is coming up. But it is not clear what those sounds mean, and how can they be switched on or off. Any thoughts? Thanks View attachment 5668
Got the delivery of Air GT a few days back. Still trying to get the hang of a few things. Previous car is 2019 Tesla Model S 100D. Here are a few questions: 1. The car is giving an error message (see image where the error sign is below the Air logo) - but it is not clear to me where to go and see what exact error is this, and how should it be fixed. Any ideas? 2. I have programmed HomeLink for the garage opener. But it doesn’t automatically open or close the garage door (like Tesla). We have to manually navigate the menu and click on the button to do it. Is it how the current software supposed to work, or am I missing a step in the set up? 3. While driving the car, it keeps making some sounds e.g. when the traffic ahead starts moving or a turn is coming up. But it is not clear what those sounds mean, and how can they be switched on or off. Any thoughts? Thanks View attachment 5668

When the traffic starts moving, that sound is to notify you that the traffic started moving in case you were distracted. Kind of like someone nudging you to get going before the person behind you honks.

What’s the best way to contact support for this type of question?
You can email, call, or text them through the App. Alternatively, you can contact your nearest service center directly.

The error is a "System Alert" .. I would definitely contact CS (or a SC).

As for the Garage door opening procedure, it is manual (not geo-fenced). Not sure if it will be enabled at some point. I'm on the latest version and do not have the ability to open/close the garage automatically.

The error is a "System Alert" .. I would definitely contact CS (or a SC).

As for the Garage door opening procedure, it is manual (not geo-fenced). Not sure if it will be enabled at some point. I'm on the latest version and do not have the ability to open/close the garage automatically.
It is geofenced insofar as it will automatically pop up the homelink option as you approach your garage. You do still have to tap it though.

It is geofenced insofar as it will automatically pop up the homelink option as you approach your garage. You do still have to tap it though.
Yes, for me, coming up to the garage, the pop-up works great .. though you have to manually click it.

I believe he was referring to the Tesla garage geo-fencing which automatically opens the garage upon approach, and automatically closes it as you depart (after a 100 ft or so). I never cared for it myself (at least not the closing part because I like to make sure it's closed), but others love the function.

btw, I didn't check and can't remember now, but when I'm leaving the garage I don't think the homelink-garage icon pops-up (like when you approach) .. does it?

Yes, for me, coming up to the garage, the pop-up works great .. though you have to manually click it.

I believe he was referring to the Tesla garage geo-fencing which automatically opens the garage upon approach, and automatically closes it as you depart (after a 100 ft or so). I never cared for it myself (at least not the closing part because I like to make sure it's closed), but others love the function.

btw, I didn't check and can't remember now, but when I'm leaving the garage I don't think the homelink-garage icon pops-up (like when you approach) .. does it?
It doesn’t. I agree it should have the option for both of those things. Just was clarifying that is is technically geofencing haha

When I reach home, yes it is geofences so it pops up.

When I am leaving the house and backing out, the Home Link doesn’t show up automatically. So I have to first cancel out of rear view camera, then click on HomeLink twice and then click to close the garage door. Assuming this is how the system is currently designed, I am thinking an easier solution may just be to keep the manual garage opener clipped on the visor (old fashioned way). Though that defeats the purpose of having this fancy HomeLink system integrated into the car.

So, regarding the error message (yellow triangle), here is the conclusion.

Chatted with their customer support through the app. They suggested that I should get the car checked out by Lucid. They arranged the service appointment the following week. An hour drive to bring the car to Millbrae service center. They arranged a loaner from Hertz (Range Rover). Kept the Lucid for one week. Diagnosed that the problem is one sensor in the front bumper got hit by some object and is malfunctioning. Asked me to pay ~$500 to get it replaced. Which I did. They ordered the part. Once they got it, had it painted the same color as the car (Zenith Red). Installed it and checked everything. All worked. Returned the car to me.

Have been driving it for 3 days now and no error message. Everything fine.

I am glad to get the car back.

Of course, I am not super happy that Lucid put such delicate sensors in the front that they can get damaged so easily (the car is barely 2 weeks old), and that Lucid decided that they will charge me for it, instead of covering it as a courtesy.

Any way, new company, so I guess some of these teething issues will come up.

So, regarding the error message (yellow triangle), here is the conclusion.

Chatted with their customer support through the app. They suggested that I should get the car checked out by Lucid. They arranged the service appointment the following week. An hour drive to bring the car to Millbrae service center. They arranged a loaner from Hertz (Range Rover). Kept the Lucid for one week. Diagnosed that the problem is one sensor in the front bumper got hit by some object and is malfunctioning. Asked me to pay ~$500 to get it replaced. Which I did. They ordered the part. Once they got it, had it painted the same color as the car (Zenith Red). Installed it and checked everything. All worked. Returned the car to me.

Have been driving it for 3 days now and no error message. Everything fine.

I am glad to get the car back.

Of course, I am not super happy that Lucid put such delicate sensors in the front that they can get damaged so easily (the car is barely 2 weeks old), and that Lucid decided that they will charge me for it, instead of covering it as a courtesy.

Any way, new company, so I guess some of these teething issues will come up.
Usually if you push them on it they’ll cover it as a courtesy, but they obviously can’t do that forever, so it’s possible they’re more strict now.

Back