Non Lucid home charger

Ted Maglione

Cars
touring
I live in NJ. The Lucid home charger is not listed as a approved Level 2 charger, so it does not qualify for rebates. I purchased a Chargepoint Level 2. I tried to charge my car last night and the car did not charge. I called Lucid Support and was told that only a Lucid home charger will work for scheduled charging. Is this information correct? If yes I may seek to return the car.
Thanks
Ted

That is not correct. Make sure you disable any charging schedule in the Chargepoint app though and use the schedule in the car instead. There have been issues with charger schedules not waking up the car properly to get it to charge, while the schedule feature in the car mostly works. Also, did you get any message about a charging error, or did it just do nothing?

I live in NJ. The Lucid home charger is not listed as a approved Level 2 charger, so it does not qualify for rebates. I purchased a Chargepoint Level 2. I tried to charge my car last night and the car did not charge. I called Lucid Support and was told that only a Lucid home charger will work for scheduled charging. Is this information correct? If yes I may seek to return the car.
Thanks
Ted
Multiple Lucid owners have different home chargers, and they work with Lucid fine, although you might need to configure them correctly. For example, with Tesla brand, you need to make sure you "commission" it as "all" and not just "Tesla."

I guess you mean that the Chargepoint Schedule Feature doesn't work with Lucid, but it does work immediately when you plug it in.

Thanks
Ted
That is not correct. Make sure you disable any charging schedule in the Chargepoint app though and use the schedule in the car instead. There have been issues with charger schedules not waking up the car properly to get it to charge, while the schedule feature in the car mostly works. Also, did you get any message about a charging error, or did it just do nothing?
Thank you for the information. I will try to figure out how to schedule the car. Unfortunately in NJ there are no dealers who can offer information and guidance. Therefore it is difficult to come up to speed with the car - which is great.

Multiple Lucid owners have different home chargers, and they work with Lucid fine, although you might need to configure them correctly. For example, with Tesla brand, you need to make sure you "commission" it as "all" and not just "Tesla."

I guess you mean that the Chargepoint Schedule Feature doesn't work with Lucid, but it does work immediately when you plug it in.
Thank you for responding. I will try to change the charger to all. If that does not work I will perform the fix from segbrk.
I appreciate the help

Thank you for the information. I will try to figure out how to schedule the car. Unfortunately in NJ there are no dealers who can offer information and guidance. Therefore it is difficult to come up to speed with the car - which is great.
From the manual:
SmartSelect_20240510_105612_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with the EVIQO charger? I just received it after reading a couple of glowing reviews, one by Tom Moloughney. It also appears to get rave reviews from owners. My initial impression is that it seems very well made, the software well thought out and setup went without a hitch. I already have a ChargePoint Home Flex.

Back