Non Electrify America charger tips

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
Has anyone plugged the Lucid into any chargers other than EA or home charging? Couldn’t find a thread on this topic. They have free Chargepoint chargers at my work so I might use them periodically, and might need to use EVGo on road trips occasionally if there isn’t an EA charger option or their chargers are broken. Is Lucid plug and charge for EA only? I live 5 min from an EA 350kw fast charger but the Wal-Mart it’s at is a local crackhead hangout spot so I might look elsewhere to charge periodically, especially at night.

Has anyone plugged the Lucid into any chargers other than EA or home charging? Couldn’t find a thread on this topic. They have free Chargepoint chargers at my work so I might use them periodically, and might need to use EVGo on road trips occasionally if there isn’t an EA charger option or their chargers are broken. Is Lucid plug and charge for EA only? I live 5 min from an EA 350kw fast charger but the Wal-Mart it’s at is a local crackhead hangout spot so I might look elsewhere to charge periodically, especially at night.
Standard CCS plug - so your works’ chargepoint should be fine.
I’ve used free chargepoint near the Costco in Fremont fine... slow but fine ;)

Standard CCS plug - so your works’ chargepoint should be fine.
I’ve used free chargepoint near the Costco in Fremont fine... slow but fine ;)
Yeah what I’m wondering is does plug and charge work ok with other chargers too, or do you have to get out your phone, open chargepoint app first, select charger, etc…

Yeah what I’m wondering is does plug and charge work ok with other chargers too, or do you have to get out your phone, open chargepoint app first, select charger, etc…
Don’t have the car yet, but I would expect not. if you you have an account, you would have to open the app and start, or use a card. For example, I have a touch and go card for ChargePoint that I can tap on the machine to start and another card that I can use on the EVgo stations. if you don’t have an account with the company, you might need to tap a credit card to the machine (at least in CA).

Oh
well it all depends

but in general, non EA chargers will need some form of payment, and that would be with a credit card at the machine, or via an app.
for my roadtrip I have used EA exclusively… but have the plugshare app loaded just in case I need to go looking. In A Better Route Planner you can set up which charging network you want to prefer (or use exclusively) - I set my preference to EA (but not exclusive)

so if it is a one off, I’d just use a card at the machine
I am not a fan of a LOT of apps… I already have 10s (maybe even 100s) I have never opened :)

Fins out what secondary networks you would like to use if an EA unit is not close by. Some of the largest networks you might want accounts for are ChargePoint (although mostly level 2 stations), EVgo, Blink and EA. I have used both ChargePoint and EVgo with our Leaf. Have EA and Blink accounts but have never used yet, mainly because we can’t take the Leaf on trips due to the lack of range.

Plug and Charge only works on EA. EVGo and ChargePoint don't support it and haven't announced any plans to do so in the near future (If they did allow it Lucid would also need to do updates to the car in order to get it working also). The Apps with EVGo and ChargePoint seem to be relatively responsive so not too much hassle to get a charger going. Out of all the networks i've used i've found EVGo to be the most seamless and reliable but the downside to them is that a majority of their chargers are 50Kw.

Plug and Charge only works on EA. EVGo and ChargePoint don't support it and haven't announced any plans to do so in the near future (If they did allow it Lucid would also need to do updates to the car in order to get it working also). The Apps with EVGo and ChargePoint seem to be relatively responsive so not too much hassle to get a charger going. Out of all the networks i've used i've found EVGo to be the most seamless and reliable but the downside to them is that a majority of their chargers are 50Kw.
Thanks that’s what I was wondering. I’ll get a Chargepoint and EVGo account.

Thanks that’s what I was wondering. I’ll get a Chargepoint and EVGo account.
Someone at Lucid was telling me that in addition to EA, Chargepoint may be the only other one you need to get an account for. He was saying that the Chargepoint account works at a number of other networks. Tried to do some quick research, and I think it may work with EVGo, Greenlots, Flo and Evbox.

BMW is offering a couple of years of charging at EA. My local dealer installed a fast charger on the side of the building but it is a chargepoint, not an EA. Hummh.

Someone at Lucid was telling me that in addition to EA, Chargepoint may be the only other one you need to get an account for. He was saying that the Chargepoint account works at a number of other networks. Tried to do some quick research, and I think it may work with EVGo, Greenlots, Flo and Evbox.
The card I received from Nissan works with both EVGo and ChargePoint. I just had to register it with the various networks. i also have a separate ChargePoint key ring card.

I used a CCS charger at a hotel and it works fine, just very slow……around 20 miles per hour of charge

I used a CCS charger at a hotel and it works fine, just very slow……around 20 miles per hour of charge
Probably a level 2

Have a more basic question - does the Lucid nav show chargers other than EA on the map? If it does, can you initiate charging using the Lucid app for non-EA chargers? Or I'm guessing you need to download other apps like Chargepoint, EVCS to initiate the charge?

Lucid nav shows way more chargers than the EA ones. I actually found that to be a problem when trying to find the EA chargers. Yes, I think you need to download the other apps, but start with Chargepoint and see if that gets you what you need. They have network agreements with several other groups.

Lucid nav shows way more chargers than the EA ones. I actually found that to be a problem when trying to find the EA chargers. Yes, I think you need to download the other apps, but start with Chargepoint and see if that gets you what you need. They have network agreements with several other groups.
Can you filter them? This was one of my biggest gripes with the Audi, you just got flooded with chargers on the map from 7Kw to 350Kw and had no way of just telling it to show 100Kw+ only etc.

If not, maybe a feature request

Can you filter them? This was one of my biggest gripes with the Audi, you just got flooded with chargers on the map from 7Kw to 350Kw and had no way of just telling it to show 100Kw+ only etc.

If not, maybe a feature request
@borski had a great suggestion that works well … ALEXA, navigate to the nearest Electrify America

Works like a charm

however, this is a work around … and yes the UI needs a filter :)

@borski had a great suggestion that works well … ALEXA, navigate to the nearest Electrify America

Works like a charm

however, this is a work around … and yes the UI needs a filter :)
i don't have a car so can't verify this but I read yesterday on this forum that Alexa doesn't take the direction of travel into account so they could potentially take you to an EA charger that's behind you. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

i don't have a car so can't verify this but I read yesterday on this forum that Alexa doesn't take the direction of travel into account so they could potentially take you to an EA charger that's behind you. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
You are correct!

You are correct!
Haha I guess if you need a charger enough to ask Alexa you’re gonna want the closest one even if it’s behind you? 🤦‍♂️ Sounds like a navigation system bug to me. What about if you ask Alexa to show you the nearest EA chargers and you pick one from a list?

Back