No more Model S/X production

Welcome!

The Air actually has more cargo space, and a much, much bigger frunk. The trunk works great, just requires a little Tetris-ing. The benefits of the trunk over the hatchback are very obvious in ride quality, imho. It was a very intentional change from the Model S, for rigidity.
Thanks for the welcome.

My kids will tell you that my spatial awareness is pretty good and they've marveled at my Tetris-like abilities loading vehicles. Comes in handy when moving them in/between/out of apartments, etc.

My concern is not total storage/cargo space, but the ability to load oversize objects. No longer owning a minivan or any form of SUV or pick-up truck like vehicle, I've used my Model S to transport some pretty bulky items. With the back seats folded down and the height of the hatch back opening, I've been able to load some items which I question whether I could get them into the trunk. That's my concern but also why I need to see one in the flesh before making any firm judgement/purchase decision.
 
Thanks for the welcome.

My kids will tell you that my spatial awareness is pretty good and they've marveled at my Tetris-like abilities loading vehicles. Comes in handy when moving them in/between/out of apartments, etc.

My concern is not total storage/cargo space, but the ability to load oversize objects. No longer owning a minivan or any form of SUV or pick-up truck like vehicle, I've used my Model S to transport some pretty bulky items. With the back seats folded down and the height of the hatch back opening, I've been able to load some items which I question whether I could get them into the trunk. That's my concern but also why I need to see one in the flesh before making any firm judgement/purchase decision.
Totally fair. One helpful thing to note is the doors open a full 90 degrees, so you may be able to get something large into the backseat (or on top of it) through that access as well.
 
Lucids are deceptive. Comparing the Gravity to the Model S, the Gravity is only 1.7 inches longer and 0.5 inches wider.
 
The tech sector & EV market is getting crushed in the market last two weeks. Tesla has lost $75 a share. Rivian is down and lucid is now under a dollar. 1/10 split
99 cents….. let that sink in
 
... My concern is not total storage/cargo space, but the ability to load oversize objects. ...
The Air is a bit bimodal on this too, in some ways "crowded" and in other ways very TARDIS like... for instance, I carry a full sized tandem bicycle inside ours (rear seats down, and with tons of spare room for bags & taking home cases of wine purchased on tour, etc)... but to achieve that I do have to remove two things from the tandem: the front wheel (trivial) and the captain's seat post (which takes the stoker's handlebar with it, and is as trivial to achieve as the front wheel)... Why? Because there simply isn't sufficient vertical space in the area under the rear deck otherwise. A single bike is dead simple to carry back there (same seats down & front wheel off, but nothing more needed). And it eats normal sized bags/boxes/suitcases like they are finger food (no need to fold the seats down at all). That said, I do miss the hatch back aspect of my VW GTI.
 
Back
Top