Nice overall Review

Just want to share some new video I found for reviewing a Lucid.

Learned that the front motor is noisy and not well insulated. Hope this will be address for the 2023 models.
I got my agt last week and was surprised and disapointed that its slightly noisier than my 2014 Nissan Altima in town as well as on the highway. I expected agt to be quiter than a "basic" car like Altima. Also the Lucid noise is higher frequency, higher pitched, and varying whereas Altima's is a lower frequency droning noise the better blend in into backgtound noise.

There’s the motor whine which varies in pitch as you describe, which I actually personally like as it gives you feedback while driving without resorting to the stupid synthetic noises Porsche and MB add (which you can turn off). The car is very quiet on the highway though, way quieter than most cars except S class/EQS and I’m sure some top end cars like Bentley and Rolls. The high frequency motor whine of the Lucid on the highway reminds me of flying in a passenger jet except much quieter. Doesn’t bother me.

He's spot on with this review in alot of ways with regards to the driving dynamics. I identify most with his frustration on not having gotten the OTA yet for 2.0. For those of us that like driving dynamics but are tech dorks at heart, the annoyances of the UX are daily reminders of the notable flaws in the car.

There will be far fewer reasons to complain very soon, at least from my point of view on 2.0.5 already. This car is an amazing road trip cruiser and also an amazing performance machine with a lower case p in the case of GT. Lucid was tasked with being everything to everyone, so as Kyle pointed out in the video, most of the compromises were well balanced and not too extreme in any one direction.

The review was comprehensive and had some information that was new to me like the front motor mount. I like the front motor sound, which I only hear at low speed, and find the car to be relatively quiet on the highway, although I have not done a decibel test. The sound reminds me of a jet taxiing and my silver car evokes an aircraft esthetic to me. I like. The suspension is brilliant and the 19s answer well enough for me on the hilly roads in NH and VT. The charging does seem slow to me, as it did with the reviewer and the indicated range has declined much faster than the miles driven. I have about 500 miles on the car in the first week so I still have to learn how the SOC behaves. I have driven almost exclusively in Smooth and mi/kWh have been about 3.5 at temperatures mostly around 65F. I have not gotten to a fast charger yet and now depend on my CP Home Flex to keep charged. I have a concern about how much charging time I would need on a road trip because access to fast charging stations is limited in NE. Without easily accessible DC charging stations, a road trip of more than a few hundred miles round trip could be problematic, especially when it gets cold.

The review was comprehensive and had some information that was new to me like the front motor mount. I like the front motor sound, which I only hear at low speed, and find the car to be relatively quiet on the highway, although I have not done a decibel test. The sound reminds me of a jet taxiing and my silver car evokes an aircraft esthetic to me. I like. The suspension is brilliant and the 19s answer well enough for me on the hilly roads in NH and VT. The charging does seem slow to me, as it did with the reviewer and the indicated range has declined much faster than the miles driven. I have about 500 miles on the car in the first week so I still have to learn how the SOC behaves. I have driven almost exclusively in Smooth and mi/kWh have been about 3.5 at temperatures mostly around 65F. I have not gotten to a fast charger yet and now depend on my CP Home Flex to keep charged. I have a concern about how much charging time I would need on a road trip because access to fast charging stations is limited in NE. Without easily accessible DC charging stations, a road trip of more than a few hundred miles round trip could be problematic, especially when it gets cold.
We have charging stations everywhere in California. I am sure that Nebraska will catch up over time. The feds seem determine to make the electric vehicle market attractive.

Right. I am in NH and was referring to New England (NE) not Nebraska. We’re from the government and we are here to help is not comforting when on the road and need to charge without spending over an hour for maybe 40 miles of range.

We have charging stations everywhere in California. I am sure that Nebraska will catch up over time. The feds seem determine to make the electric vehicle market attractive.
CA is weak on charging stations east of I-5. Spending EV time around Burney Falls/Shasta/Lassen or Mammoth/Bishop would be difficult without a vehicle as capable as the Air. It's one of the reasons I bought mine. An SUV would've been a more appropriate vehicle for either trip, but physics limits us for the time being.

CA is way ahead of Wyoming and the Dakotas in EV charging infrastructure. The entire state of Wyoming has fewer EVs registered than my home town of Cupertino.

Back