New Zenith Red Owner AGT Fort Lauderdale area

laurieb

Cars
Air Grand Touring
PIcked up my new Zenith Red AGT yesterday. Only took about a month from notification of the VIN to delivery. The Lucid location in Riviera Beach, FL had at least 60 cars being prepped for delivery and a truck arrived while we were there with 5 more on it-all AGT
Riviera Beach FL Oct 29 2022.jpg

Welcome neighbor !! Surprised to see so many cars at Riviera Beach. When I I picked my car, there were only two other cars at the service center.

Wow...that looks like a lot of cars to be delivered.

PIcked up my new Zenith Red AGT yesterday. Only took about a month from notification of the VIN to delivery. The Lucid location in Riviera Beach, FL had at least 60 cars being prepped for delivery and a truck arrived while we were there with 5 more on it-all AGTView attachment 6186
PIcked up my new Zenith Red AGT yesterday. Only took about a month from notification of the VIN to delivery. The Lucid location in Riviera Beach, FL had at least 60 cars being prepped for delivery and a truck arrived while we were there with 5 more on it-all AGTView attachment 6186
Congrats LaurieB.... I have a Zenith Red as well. I live in Jacksonville. What is your interior? Are you planning on getting it wrapped?

Congrats LaurieB.... I have a Zenith Red as well. I live in Jacksonville. What is your interior? Are you planning on getting it wrapped?
I have the Mojave and love it! I am a real newbie. We are planning on getting it ceramic coated. What exactly do you mean by "get it wrapped?" Steep learning curve here!

I have the Mojave and love it! I am a real newbie. We are planning on getting it ceramic coated. What exactly do you mean by "get it wrapped?" Steep learning curve here!
Picked up my Red, Mojave, with 21s on 10/5 in Riviera Beach. Love it. Needs a service visit, but I don't mind because EV driving is fun. Wrapping is a description of the process of protecting the surfaces of the car by applying a plastic like film over the paint and non glass surfaces Glass areas can be coated with a film on the inside of the vehicle to limit the amount of sun and UV penetration.

Picked up my Red, Mojave, with 21s on 10/5 in Riviera Beach. Love it. Needs a service visit, but I don't mind because EV driving is fun. Wrapping is a description of the process of protecting the surfaces of the car by applying a plastic like film over the paint and non glass surfaces Glass areas can be coated with a film on the inside of the vehicle to limit the amount of sun and UV penetration.
The wrap and ppf is one thing, what is ceramic doing?

Thank you all for the great information and links to information. Looks like tonight, between Trick or Treaters, I will be watching videos on various ceramic coats and ppf wrapping! Thanks all! BTW, I also have to have a service call for the new car. Oddly, a button was missing on the steering wheel in the middle of the wheel bar on the right and the vanity mirror light didn't work on the driver's side. Nothing earth shattering but we found thes while we were taking delivery-the delivery guys missed it. No big deal, but they had to order the parts and say they will come to my house to fix both.

Thank you all for the great information and links to information. Looks like tonight, between Trick or Treaters, I will be watching videos on various ceramic coats and ppf wrapping! Thanks all! BTW, I also have to have a service call for the new car. Oddly, a button was missing on the steering wheel in the middle of the wheel bar on the right and the vanity mirror light didn't work on the driver's side. Nothing earth shattering but we found thes while we were taking delivery-the delivery guys missed it. No big deal, but they had to order the parts and say they will come to my house to fix both.
I have a similar issue, the silver bar in the ACC is missing. Customer service notified on October 9th. Still waiting for parts.

Had an odd experience today. Suddenlyl, the right side of the panel on the upper dash display went black and all touch on the panel and the big screen below stopped working. Alexa and voice response also dead. Freaked me out a bit so I stopped the car and restarted and it all came back-whew! I also noticed that clock is on California time (I am in Florida) except when I am on the phone and then it shows the correct (phone) time...weird. I need to read more of my manual!!

Did hours of watching and reading about the wrap and ceramic. and even graphene. I was initally (before my study and on the advice of Tesla friends) going to have ceramic done, but now I am inclined to get the most exposed areas wrapped with PPF and possibly then ceramic as well (?). As best I can tell, you can't do the reverse order. I have to wait and see where the quotes actually come down to and what the local pros I talk to think. I am tempted to go the black out route if I can find the colored PPF and the price is not too outrageous. But for the price of this car and its beauty, I am willing to spend 3K (+-) to keep it this way. There are many opinions about the looks of the car, I love it, but I am drawn to the black out look and think it looks great with the Zenith Red (although Sapphire looks nice too! :cool:

I will pick up my Zeneth red, Tahoe interior. As hard as it will be, I will drive it directly to a detail shop to get it wrapped and ceramic coated. Important to do ASAP. But I will take the long way there...

I will pick up my Zeneth red, Tahoe interior. As hard as it will be, I will drive it directly to a detail shop to get it wrapped and ceramic coated. Important to do ASAP. But I will take the long way there...
One of my buddies who was actually convincing me NOT to do PPF told me that the cost of PPF is equal to 5+ paint touchups from a professional paint body shop.
He also owns about 50 cars that are collectibles and has won multiple carshows and has some very rare ones in his collection too:
chrome_iJPTg6RNT0.png

chrome_JhAV4CX2OU.png

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_20221112_194628.jpg

Anyways, he said he would literally put 1 mil saran wrap over his cars, and then drive down 500-1000 miles, take off the saran wrap, do some quick spray detailing, wiping, and then take it in for the carshow, win, and then drive it back lol.

So at the very least, buy some quick universal PPF from Amazon, as was suggested to me on here before I think by @hydbob , and then stick it on the front, then drive it over to your detailer shop, but as I already have some rock chips, I've learned not to be so anal cause in the end you're driving this thing and bought it to be driven, comfort, and luxury. Being afraid of rock chips will make you too scared to take it out of the garage 🤣

But I did get a clear bra, but under the PPF is the rock chips that was touched up, nothing much I can do. But not very visible. Posted pictures on here earlier of my car

Thanks for the input. I live in an area where getting into a paint shop is impossible. My wife is not looking forward to the first ding or rock chip I get in my car. I may need medication...
I'll check out the universal PPF.

Thanks for the input. I live in an area where getting into a paint shop is impossible. My wife is not looking forward to the first ding or rock chip I get in my car. I may need medication...
I'll check out the universal PPF.
That's what I did and protected me a lot

Hey there! Another Zenith Red/Tahoe will be coming to Fort Lauderdale next week. I got the 20" wheels, looks fantastic! Taking delivery this Friday in VA. Gonna stop by my PPF guy on Tuesday to see about protecting the front end. He's been doing our cars for 20 years.

Reactions: HES
Getting PPF on Front end and rear bumper as well as interior tint this week here in WPB

Back