New Stealth Option Package

TCGT

Cars
Grand Touring
Hmm - maybe they should worry about get deliveries and production up, fixing software and getting CarPlay working before announcing anything new. Frustrating to people that have orders and have absolutely no clue when they might ever come. Lucid needs to trim down colors not expand them. Streamline…..

Awesome, love it. They basically just copied Tony Hawk’s Dream Edition.

They're taking advantage of the fact that lots of folks are getting that work done once they get the car anyway. Might as well offer a light and dark option for the trim. But agreed, adding complexity to a process that isn't exactly churning out cars doesn't seem like the best idea at the moment.

Reactions: NPN
Hmm - maybe they should worry about get deliveries and production up, fixing software and getting CarPlay working before announcing anything new. Frustrating to people that have orders and have absolutely no clue when they might ever come. Lucid needs to trim down colors not expand them. Streamline…..
This isn’t available now. It’s coming 2023 so doesn’t effect anything that’s going on now. Gave the marketing team something to do by rendering some images.

Looks great, but not at 6K for me at least.
Yeah, I guess a majority of the cost is in the wheels but even so, don’t think you’d be paying $2-3K to wrap the roofline / chrome delete the car.

Dumb question - you think the two cars in the pictures are white and black or silver and grey? The way they saturated the images it's hard to tell.

Dumb question - you think the two cars in the pictures are white and black or silver and grey? The way they saturated the images it's hard to tell.
I thought it was white and grey...

Isn’t it cheaper to wrap these parts and powder coat the existing rims? $6k seems awfully expensive.

Isn’t it cheaper to wrap these parts and powder coat the existing rims? $6k seems awfully expensive.
Wrapping cars can be very destructive to clear coat. Not all the time but there are plenty of horror stories out there.

Powder coating can cause weakening of the alloy.

All said plenty of people do both.

Also, there are times when the mfg voids the warranty if you powder coat the rims...and there are people who would not know where to go with wrapping in terms of design/wrap guy. This makes it easier to decide if you like the look or not.

I doubt this is in my budget, but I do find this interesting and love that the option is there.

I wanted to get PPF or ceramic wrap at some point in the distant future after my car is delivered.

Any similarities? Anyone know?

I doubt this is in my budget, but I do find this interesting and love that the option is there.

I wanted to get PPF or ceramic wrap at some point in the distant future after my car is delivered.

Any similarities? Anyone know?
There are a TON of stealth options nowadays. You can black out almost anything, but the few things you can't black out and are nice that you can get it done from Lucid is the side plates on the C-Pillars that will say "Lucid - Grand Touring/Touring whatever" on there. Also, I think from @Demosthenes doing the front nose bar was difficult and couldn't quite get the look he wanted? So offering that one as a stealthier option is nice. I would probably change mine out to the stealth one if they have an option to do that down the line...

Absolutely. My thoughts exactly. Get right, what’s on your plate right now (hello, 20 inch rims), and worry about this frou-frou stuff later.

We assume this option delays the production of vehicles, but we don't really know how Lucid is currently utilizing their manpower and this may be something that doesn't slow down the line in any meaningful way.

I guess this was their "big announcement". This is not the type/style of "big announcement" that I would have liked to have seen.

Looks great! Not sure if it’s worth 6k. Gotta squeeze the rubes though. Like 40 k to get basically a software upgrade to go from the GT to the performance GT.

We assume this option delays the production of vehicles, but we don't really know how Lucid is currently utilizing their manpower and this may be something that doesn't slow down the line in any meaningful way.

I guess this was their "big announcement". This is not the type/style of "big announcement" that I would have liked to have seen.
Honestly, this may help them get some Tourings and Pures out the door in Q4, as they won't start shipping any stealth options until Q1 of next year. So for every GT reservation holder who decides they want this, that takes them off the plate for now.

It's also possible the stealth parts are easier to source in the short term. Or maybe they can be building a stockpile of them while other bits are in waiting?

I completely agree there's no way any of us can know if this is going to slow down production of other cars in the short term. My guess is Lucid are very confident it won't, or they would have waited on this announcement.

Back