New software update for Gravity - 3.5

btw, I don't see the Remote Start icon in the Android app, wonder if it's gonna be an IOS only feature šŸ¤”
It’s not in my iOS app update either. I don’t think it’s in most folks’ update. It seems to have been accidentally showing for some folks in the prior app update. Either way, it’s not available in the car software yet, so doesn’t really matter…yet.

I mean, they could put it there and have it not work - which is like the suspension adjustment icon that’s been there for months. But probably best not to have the icon until it works.
 
well if you're in the bottom level of a garage and can't get cell service you won't be able to use it to drive the car
Plus, the driver won't need a phone at all. You send the start instruction to the car and the valet can get in and drive, if started in the first two minutes. Or, your friend can move your car while you are in Timbuktu.
 
This is what I had in mind too as a software developer. However I hope they learned to either do announcements after 3 is a go OR announce with more buffer room ie the simple under promise and over deliver.
My timeline is hypothetical, not necessarily actual. Who’s to say the original plan didn’t include the buffer and step 3, but feedback that something was wrong didn’t come in until just now? As the famous saying goes, ā€œthe best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.ā€

If a partial, limited, unannounced rollout happened for a cautious 1st wave, I’m sure we’d then be complaining, ā€œSome people got 3.5, but WTF, there was no announcement. Why haven’t I gotten it? What’s in the release? What crappy communication by Lucid - they should tell us in advance when something gets released.ā€
 
Last edited:
Plus, the driver won't need a phone at all. You send the start instruction to the car and the valet can get in and drive, if started in the first two minutes. Or, your friend can move your car while you are in Timbuktu.
I heard the Timbuktu SC is the only one with some service appointments available
 
I'd like to address multiple posts here, not gonna quote them all, which all talk about "a little delay" and "extra few days" or "a couple of weeks", and also posts, advising Lucid "it's better to be vague and not give dates...". Ladies and gentlemen, Lucid is not going to be late "a few days" or even "a couple of weeks" - they are going to be late (hopefully) just few days or a couple of weeks from March 12th, but that is just their latest missed deadline. It is NOT the originally promised, communicated to customers and investors target release date for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto - these features were advertised to be available AT LAUNCH, which was somewhere in the middle of last year. There are old Lucid press releases about that, which can be dug up, and other types of communication about that from Lucid in the past. Since then I personally heard excuses from Lucid CS and other Lucid officials why it's getting delayed, and heard "around Thanksgiving" as a new target release timeframe, then I heard "December 2025", then "January 2026", then "Q1 2026". It makes no sense to say "a little late" or "a couple of weeks late" - they are late BY ABOUT TEN MONTHS. And that is only true if you start counting from the time the actual vehicle was released. If you take into account the delay in release of Gravity itself then the time between originally communicated Gravity release time and release of these features will probably be around 1.5 years.
Well said. And I’ll also mention the delayed Paak, delayed hands free driving for Dream Drive Pro 2, and the delayed HUD, but not detour because this thread is about software update 3.5

The software (I include the FOBs) is keeping the Gravity from being a smashing, run-away success. I do feel a lot better that Emad Dlala is in charge of software now.

I’m concerned that once Cosmos/Earth rolls out the focus & resources will move off the Gravity, just like it moved off the Air when Gravity rolled out (ask the Air owners about their software).

The good news is that the software is slowly improving. The car is much better than it was in the fall. But, there is still quite a bit of room for improvement and unfinished business, especially for a $141K car.

I’d like to keep this car, but I’m glad I leased.
 
I’m concerned that once Cosmos/Earth rolls out the focus & resources will move off the Gravity, just like it moved off the Air when Gravity rolled out (ask the Air owners about their software).
This is an unfair statement. I get that Air owners are frustrated to not have seen anything major in months but it's not like Lucid is just sitting on its ass doing nothing. They're working on UX 3.0 which from my understanding required a whole code rewrite for the Air. That can't happen overnight and I can understand why the Air is kind of in maintenance mode until it's released. No point writing new features into redundant code when a new version is a few months away.
 
I’d like to keep this car, but I’m glad I leased.
Same, but the car isn't going to be worth what the residual is by a long shot.
 
This is an unfair statement. I get that Air owners are frustrated to not have seen anything major in months but it's not like Lucid is just sitting on its ass doing nothing. They're working on UX 3.0 which from my understanding required a whole code rewrite for the Air. That can't happen overnight and I can understand why the Air is kind of in maintenance mode until it's released. No point writing new features into redundant code when a new version is a few months away.
Didn't .30 just roll out? That doesn't seem like not maintaining the legacy software
 
This is an unfair statement. I get that Air owners are frustrated to not have seen anything major in months but it's not like Lucid is just sitting on its ass doing nothing. They're working on UX 3.0 which from my understanding required a whole code rewrite for the Air. That can't happen overnight and I can understand why the Air is kind of in maintenance mode until it's released. No point writing new features into redundant code when a new version is a few months away.
It’s not unfair at all. The Air owners at the Atlanta event told me they hadn’t had an OTA in 9 months!!! The Air has been out 4 years. I read on the Facebook thread about all the Air issues with Bluetooth/Stereo quality and Apple CarPlay still not connecting reliably.
 
Thanks for the reply—I appreciate the time it took to respond. When I posted, I did not realize there were multiple 3.5 threads where you were being taken to task by other members of the same issue. I stand by my words, but I am sorry that the timing probably made it feel like you were being piled on, and I know that never feels good. I’ll send a follow up message to you directly to avoid junking up this thread since this isn’t really about the 3.5 update at this point.
I don’t come on here much anymore due to some owners not being very tolerant when expectations are not met. Yes Lucid did set an expectation, but I personally would rather they hold off on a feature addition if last minute they found a problem with it, rather than pushing out a feature with a known problem. I appreciate that error correction adaptability. Lucid has multiple means to stress test these things before release so in my opinion this is proof their gates they’ve put up to catch things are working, which is quite an improvement from the original Gravity roll out a year ago.
 
It’s not unfair at all. The Air owners at the Atlanta event told me they hadn’t had an OTA in 9 months!!! The Air has been out 4 years. I read on the Facebook thread about all the Air issues with Bluetooth/Stereo quality and Apple CarPlay still not connecting reliably.
There is a factual disconnect somewhere...
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-03-17 at 10.20.08 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2026-03-17 at 10.20.08 AM.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 164
I don’t come on here much anymore due to some owners not being very tolerant when expectations are not met. Yes Lucid did set an expectation, but I personally would rather they hold off on a feature addition if last minute they found a problem with it, rather than pushing out a feature with a known problem. I appreciate that error correction adaptability. Lucid has multiple means to stress test these things before release so in my opinion this is proof their gates they’ve put up to catch things are working, which is quite an improvement from the original Gravity roll out a year ago.
For me, the crux was lack of communication, not necessarily missing the deadline for a valid reason. Communicate was my wish, and they eventually did. Great, let's keep up the great job!
 
It’s not in my iOS app update either. I don’t think it’s in most folks’ update. It seems to have been accidentally showing for some folks in the prior app update. Either way, it’s not available in the car software yet, so doesn’t really matter…yet.

I mean, they could put it there and have it not work - which is like the suspension adjustment icon that’s been there for months. But probably best not to have the icon until it works.
This remote start button showing up in some peoples apps but not in most others may be a key indicator of why this OTA was paused.
 
It’s not in my iOS app update either. I don’t think it’s in most folks’ update. It seems to have been accidentally showing for some folks in the prior app update. Either way, it’s not available in the car software yet, so doesn’t really matter…yet.

I mean, they could put it there and have it not work - which is like the suspension adjustment icon that’s been there for months. But probably best not to have the icon until it works.
Try it again, the suspension setting in app. Mine didn't work either and I happened to give it a go a week or two ago and it worked perfectly
 
There is a factual disconnect somewhere...
Yeah, I’m just repeating what two Air owners told me while we were sitting at a table. Maybe they meant major updates. I told them the Air was getting UX 3.0 this fall, which surprised them. They didn’t seem to be too clued in to the latest and greatest news. All the Air owners I met did unequivocally love their cars, though.
 
Time to chill - this topic is still 100 pages behind the length of the Air's Android Auto Thursday thread.
I know everyone is trying hard, but it's not going to exceed that river of angst. No need to make the effort.
 
Back
Top