- Joined
- Sep 30, 2025
- Messages
- 507
- Reaction score
- 555
- Location
- Silicon Valley adjacent
- Cars
- Gravity GT
- Referral Code
- CA8VVCF7
Today is Wed, Mar11. I bet I won't get the update before this upcoming Monday....
how muchI bet I won't get the update before this upcoming Monday....
Well with that attitude...... no! lolToday is Wed, Mar11. I bet I won't get the update before this upcoming Monday....
I'm actually hoping they correctly implemented CarPlay to be able to access the range/SoC/etc in Apple Maps.I’m not a major fan of CarPlay, I actually like the look and feel of Lucid navigation and I use Tidal. It also sounds like AC will only be using the clearview cockpit display. So CarPlay will not use the lower screen, similar to the air.
But If we will be able to independently use Lucid navigation on the lower screen while CarPlay is active, it could solve a major issue that the Air currently can’t do - seeing simultaneous lucid navigation for range , charge stations selection, and SOC estimates on lower screen while also getting smart routing from g maps or Waze in upper screen. Currently you have to toggle back and forth to do this on the Air which is cumbersome but also dangerous without HFDA
Other companies charge for CarPlay / Android Auto.Why did he say “complimentary”? When did any company charge for OTAs? The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this is setting the stage for future OTAs not being free….
Yeah something is definitely uniquely wrong; we had one day of fob issues on 3.4.4, but I hadn’t changed the battery after 3.4.1 like the notes asked me to. Once I did that, haven’t had any issues since. When I measured the voltage, it was definitely dead.No. I emailed the dedicated software feedback email though. My original fob was great, and then service came here two weeks ago. I showed him my bad button, and he took my old fob and gave me a new one. Then immediately after I had a bunch of issues, and this was on 3.4.1. I texted him, he came back, did something and presented me with two keys. I tested both, and both worked great on 3.4.1. Then after this 3.4.4 update, both keys just don't work.
Its as if, they push an update to the module that control the lock/unlock, body control unit, and the flash to the BCU didn't write correctly. Either that or I have an early version of the BCU and they made some kinda hardware change and didn't test against the old revision. I suspect I have one of the first 200 Gravities produced.
Yea both fobs have been updated.Yeah something is definitely uniquely wrong; we had one day of fob issues on 3.4.4, but I hadn’t changed the battery after 3.4.1 like the notes asked me to. Once I did that, haven’t had any issues since. When I measured the voltage, it was definitely dead.
Super odd, though. I assume your fobs are up to date software-wise?
Makes sense. Yeah, that’s really unfortunate. When talking to other owners, the fob issues really do seem resolved for nearly everyone I speak with that has both updated the fobs and swapped the batteries.Yea both fobs have been updated.
I'm going to wait for the 3.5 update because I assume whatever was flashed in 3.4.4 will need to get flashed with an updated firmware in 3.5. If it still is bugged out, I'll make a phone call.
Lots of good stuff.There was a note from Nick weeks ago, implying that the 3.5 update would include multiple things not just the CarPlay and android update so we’ll see if anybody gets the official update. Please send screenshots and information about what is in it.
Other companies charge for CarPlay / Android Auto.
I suspect that was what “complimentary” referred to, not the OTA itself.
Who charges for an OTA update for Carplay when it was already included in what you paid for when you bought the car?Other companies charge for CarPlay / Android Auto.
I suspect that was what “complimentary” referred to, not the OTA itself.
Why did he say “complimentary”? When did any company charge for OTAs? The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this is setting the stage for future OTAs not being free….
BMW charges for it in some of their models. (or did at least, not sure on the current models)Who charges for an OTA update for Carplay when it was already included in what you paid for when you bought the car?
Does it matter? Lucid’s is free, as it should be, given it was promised when the car was bought. Nick reiterated it was free.Who charges for an OTA update for Carplay when it was already included in what you paid for when you bought the car?
Did you update the firmware on both your new keys?No. I emailed the dedicated software feedback email though. My original fob was great, and then service came here two weeks ago. I showed him my bad button, and he took my old fob and gave me a new one. Then immediately after I had a bunch of issues, and this was on 3.4.1. I texted him, he came back, did something and presented me with two keys. I tested both, and both worked great on 3.4.1. Then after this 3.4.4 update, both keys just don't work.
Its as if, they push an update to the module that control the lock/unlock, body control unit, and the flash to the BCU didn't write correctly. Either that or I have an early version of the BCU and they made some kinda hardware change and didn't test against the old revision. I suspect I have one of the first 200 Gravities produced.