Cuestix

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
PHFKP51Q
Hi all,

First let me thank you all for the informative posts in the forums. They really helped us settle on the right car, both brand and trim. For those more experienced EV owners, you probably forget how steep the learning curve is for some of us. It was a tough decision, but the right thing to do. Solar roof to charge the EVs next.

We settled on the Air Touring on 19" all-season tires with a few upgrades to keep things comfortable. Took delivery this past Monday and have driven around 200 miles so far. Lots of other cars test-driven, but the Air is a superior driving machine in almost every respect. We've owned Triumphs (Spitfire 1500 and TR7...the TR7 is still mostly running and available for anyone interested in a parts car or a relatively easy restoration), Saturns (two from the first year in production), Nissans (Maxima and Murano), Mercedes (E350 Wagon), BMW (540i M-speed), and Lincolns (MKT and Nautilus). All except the Mercedes, Murano and Lincolns were manual transmissions. The only one I really miss is the BMW, and we started trying new cars with the M550i and i5. I have business partners who drive a Model S Plaid and an etron-GT, which are both fun to drive. Long story shortened, once we drove the Air the search was done. I loved the handling and my small-framed wife loved the fact that she could find a comfortable driving position and see the road clearly. Also, power, range, braking, charging, canopy roof, cargo space, rear-seat comfort, design, value for the price, and really fine salespeople were factors.

Hope to meet a few of you at the October Lucid Owners Rally in NY.

Hi all,

First let me thank you all for the informative posts in the forums. They really helped us settle on the right car, both brand and trim. For those more experienced EV owners, you probably forget how steep the learning curve is for some of us. It was a tough decision, but the right thing to do. Solar roof to charge the EVs next.

We settled on the Air Touring on 19" all-season tires with a few upgrades to keep things comfortable. Took delivery this past Monday and have driven around 200 miles so far. Lots of other cars test-driven, but the Air is a superior driving machine in almost every respect. We've owned Triumphs (Spitfire 1500 and TR7...the TR7 is still mostly running and available for anyone interested in a parts car or a relatively easy restoration), Saturns (two from the first year in production), Nissans (Maxima and Murano), Mercedes (E350 Wagon), BMW (540i M-speed), and Lincolns (MKT and Nautilus). All except the Mercedes, Murano and Lincolns were manual transmissions. The only one I really miss is the BMW, and we started trying new cars with the M550i and i5. I have business partners who drive a Model S Plaid and an etron-GT, which are both fun to drive. Long story shortened, once we drove the Air the search was done. I loved the handling and my small-framed wife loved the fact that she could find a comfortable driving position and see the road clearly. Also, power, range, braking, charging, canopy roof, cargo space, rear-seat comfort, design, value for the price, and really fine salespeople were factors.

Hope to meet a few of you at the October Lucid Owners Rally in NY.
Congrats. And welcome to the community.

Congrats!! After one year, I still ask my wife if she needs me to go buy something just so I drive the car. It still has not gotten old. Enjoy!

Congrats!! After one year, I still ask my wife if she needs me to go buy something just so I drive the car. It still has not gotten old. Enjoy!
LOL. Same here. Looking for excuses to go out on errands. My wife will soon forgive the splurge. (Actually, once she drive it she was ready to buy it too.)

Putting this here because It’s only been a couple of weeks owning the car and I’ve not read all the posts in the forum. (Maybe on vacation this week.) Apologies if I’m spreading stale news or repeating common issues.
1. So far I still love the car. Not everything is perfect, but darn close. I’m especially happy at how easy the switch to EV has been with this car and that my wife is comfortable driving it. She loved the Model S styling, but was overwhelmed by the vast difference in driving experience. "Too much information. Where’s the turn signal? How do I start/turn-off/put it in gear?" She just got into the Lucid, adjusted the seat and mirrors, picked a radio station, and drove off.
2. Had to charge at EA. Went okay - only 100k peak output from a 350k charger, but it was probably peak daytime draw for the utility provider and they were throttling it. Conveniently located by shopping for us. Ordered Lucid’s EVSE and setup an installer - ~$2500 for an 80 foot run, 120amp sub panel, installing the EVSE and a new 125V outlet in the garage. Need to rewire a bit of my main panel and transfer switch for the generator to make room in the main panel.
3. Downloaded latest update, 2.3.2 was prompted and accepted remotely. Process took 90 minutes. Unrelated (?) issue afterward that my fob stopped working to unlock / lock the vehicle unless I press the handle in for 3s and hold the fob at the B pillar. Wife’s Lucid fob is fine. Replaced battery with Panasonic, still no function. Lucid Care setup service for later this month to "replace fob battery" and added an A pillar speaker recall for distortion. Sounds fine to my (well-trained) ears. Maybe this is a proactive fix. I’m just hoping the tech doesn’t mess up more than they fix on the pillars. Overall CS experience so far is similarly good compared to BMW, Mercedes, Lincoln vehicles we’ve owned.
4. Discovered that double tapping the car image in the pilot panel blanks the screen. One tap wakes it up again. I like that because I find the panel adds glare to my progressive lenses when driving at night. I’ve already set a nice dim level on the glass cockpit, but I don’t need full-time view of the pilot panel while driving, and the quick sleep/wake feature is smart. I missed that in the owners manual if the feature existed before this update.

Back