New owner from Chitown

translux

Cars
Air Touring
2024 Air Touring in Cosmos Silver-will post pictures after I get a chance to clean her up.
It's only been a week but my experience has been positive.
This is replacing a 2021 G80 M3 manual that was my daily.
Really impressed with steering precision and suspension tuning. Significantly better than the M3 and almost as good as my benchmark a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Why BMW thinks crashing over bumps and getting unsettled from minor road imperfections equals performance escapes me.
Oh and being able to easily consume a substantial Costco load including 6 potted plants & ferns was great.

IMG_1630.jpeg

Congrats!

Although to be fair the bmw m3 handles better. If you care about ride quality lucid all day. M3s are harsh on occupants, no question

I’ve spent a fair amount of time on some amazing tracks and I'm pretty confident that I’d be faster in the Lucid.
The M3 was so easily upset by imperfections especially mid corner that it didn’t inspire confidence.
Steering input in the Lucid is miles better. Easier to place and with better turn-in.
The M3 steering was relatively slow and vague at best.
Also poor rebound and not enough compliance.

Last edited:
I hear you. I am an avid bmw fan. I still own 3 BMWs. One is an f10 m5 with manual transmission. I see your m3 was manual. I would have kept it for that reason alone. The manuals will be highly sought after. They already are in the f10s where they command 10k plus premium versus the autos. I get the autos are better, per sey, but the fun of a manual is just tough to beat when you have an open road.

I love my lucid but wouldn’t sell the m5 for it. I’m keeping both and will likely buy the lucid at lease end of price can be negotiated to market value at the time of lease end.

The air is quite a remarkable car. Amazes me how such a big car can handle so well. I still get the feeling it is luxury first though, which isn’t a bad thing.

I’m a huge BMW fan and agree manuals will continue to command a premium. Loved my E39 M5, E46 M3 comp with manual and the two E60 M5’s, even liked the SMG in those cars. After having a couple Porsche manuals and cars with Tremec manuals the M3 transmission just wasn’t in the same league. Removing the CDV-clutch delay valve-helped like it did in the others but wasn’t enough. I’ll get a manual CT5V Blackwing and a when the dealers stop gauging buyers.

Blackwing is on my to get list also! As is a 997 911 turbo manual.

Great minds think alike, 997.1 or 997.2 Turbo is on the list for sure. Or I can find a 996 GT2 driver with some miles I might be able to make that work. I drove one many years ago with some basic mods and it was one of the most alive and exciting cars I’ve ever had the pleasure.
And that would be gouging buyers. Not sure why I can’t edit the previous post.

Back