New owner first long trip

That’s funny, because to me Sirius XM has always been a drawback. It’s an extra button I never use and when I hit it, it annoys me because I didn’t mean to.

to each their own? :p
Why? I just load the S/XM stations I listen to into my favorites alongside the AMs and FMs…indistinguishable from a convenience standpoint

Reactions: DBV
That’s funny, because to me Sirius XM has always been a drawback. It’s an extra button I never use and when I hit it, it annoys me because I didn’t mean to.

to each their own? :p
Hmm…. You don’t have extra buttons for AM/FM radio, streaming, apps, etc? Ignore Sirius button if you had it. Funny!

I have and use SXM in my current car. I even have a vestigial DVD slot (and use it for a Tom Lehrer CD) in my info center. Not having SXM would be a negative for me but not an important enough one for me. But we are all different and what is a controlling negative to one person is not to another.

I only lose SiriusXM signal when I enter home garage or go underneath freeway underpath briefly. On the other hand, In the country side I lose cellular signal going thru forest area of Texas, Mississippi to some part of Alabama and Florida, where SiriusXM is huge a plus entertainment.

SiriusXM is standard in all trucks, SUVs nowaday for road travelers. I’m not sure if it is because of aesthetic reason Lucid avoid antenna, but certainly Lucid miscalculated its demographic as this car is not just for California tech crowd. Predominant buyers of this car will be financially established, retired folks want to travel long distance for leisure or visiting relatives needing that range comfort. As we can see those crowd can be grumpy manifested in this forum. I’m sure Lucid realized that reading this forum and will have some solutions down the road.

I had Sirius prior to their merger with XM, and I cancelled my subscription shortly after. The two had a huge overlap of channels/content, and when they decided which channels to keep it was invariably the worse of the two options IMO. Also, they did something that massively degraded the audio quality, and it sounded like I was listening to a low-res MP3 from the early 90's. It basically made my ears bleed. I couldn't stand it and had to cancel. The audio quality problem was really the nail in the coffin for me.

Has anyone else who likes Sirius/XM thought the audio quality was terrible? Is it any better when streaming via cellular? Maybe it was just the receiver or DAC in the Acura TL that was poor quality?

I had Sirius prior to their merger with XM, and I cancelled my subscription shortly after. The two had a huge overlap of channels/content, and when they decided which channels to keep it was invariably the worse of the two options IMO. Also, they did something that massively degraded the audio quality, and it sounded like I was listening to a low-res MP3 from the early 90's. It basically made my ears bleed. I couldn't stand it and had to cancel. The audio quality problem was really the nail in the coffin for me.

Has anyone else who likes Sirius/XM thought the audio quality was terrible? Is it any better when streaming via cellular? Maybe it was just the receiver or DAC in the Acura TL that was poor quality?
I also found the audio quality of Sirius/XM poor at best. I canceled it on my Porsche and only kept it on my wife's car because every time I threatened to cancel they reduced her cost to $5/month. Her car's audio is poor at best anyway so at least she can listen to the 60's/70's rock music she likes.

My SiriusXM came with Ford and Jeep and was free subscription for a year. After a year has passed, I renew subscription for Jeep bc the infotainment screen was basically Stone Age without SiriusXM and CarPlay. Lucid Air software may be occasional glitchy, but for the first year try, they are on par with Jeep and Ford with decade+ experience and more stylish user interface I must add.

Back