New order placed. Lucid GTP.

Hopefully there are some reliable EA chargers in the Bay Area. Wondering what is the experience like.

Hopefully there are some reliable EA chargers in the Bay Area. Wondering what is the experience like.
I'm jealous of your purchase decision - wish I could "Stealth" my Air GT.
There are a huge number of EA fast chargers in the Bay Area (check Plugsahre). Reliability varies but a given charger tends to either reliably work or not.

How is your ownership experience? How about service experience in NorCal? My service experience with Tesla has not been too great. Show up at appt with no parts ordered.. etc.

Is plugshare what most ppl use for updated status on public charger? Reading about reliability of EA charger does give me some worry as I commute and am forced to use public chargers from time to time.

How is your ownership experience? How about service experience in NorCal? My service experience with Tesla has not been too great. Show up at appt with no parts ordered.. etc.

Is plugshare what most ppl use for updated status on public charger? Reading about reliability of EA charger does give me some worry as I commute and am forced to use public chargers from time to time.
My ownership experience has been great!! I really love this car. Service at Millbrae has greatly exceeded my expectations. Regarding EA chargers, most of those I have used in the Bay Area have been fine. Occasionally the Kw are "limited by the charging station" but in general you can get a good charge in 30 minutes or less. I did have a problem with the EA chargers in Goleta a couple of months ago but it is my understanding EA has worked those problems out. I typically just use the Lucid Nav to locate available chargers.

Electrify America's phone app typically has the most up-to-date info on charger status. Plugshare's info is crowdsourced and can be days or weeks out of date.

You’re gonna love the Millbrae team. They’re spectacular. Congrats!

Looking forward to hearing how you like it

I seem to be the only GT-P owner here

The car has been wonderful, haven't used it much, 300+ miles in a couple of months

No launches yet, the only use of the car outside the city so far has been with my wife, and she is not aligned with using launch control

The software updates have made the car even better (not going to be an issue for you)

Had it out today for a nice drive to and from our Sunday hike, so comfortable on the highway and passing lumbering semi-trailers takes nearly no time at all

I find the build quality to be better than expected, not to the level of my LC 500 Convertible but it would be unreasonable to expect a bunch of ex. Abbott Nutrition folks can build a car better than the Lexus Takumi folks (I used to work for Abbott and then AbbVie, the Credit Union rep told me they lost a bunch of workers to Lucid)

You won’t be disappointed with your GTP or the Millbrae service center. Last week I texted Christopher at Millbrae in the evening thinking that he would pick up and respond to the service request text in the morning. I felt bad when he responded at 8:30 PM.

Getting in early like you are, you can expect to your post sales and service experience to be top drawer, just like it was at Tesla in the very beginning.

Get in now, before the mass market Lucids hit the market. Because then you’ll see a repeat of the “Model 3 effect” - where all of a sudden the scrupulous attention Service once paid you vanishes, human beings are unreachable on the phone, and the parts department isn’t on speaking terms with the service department. To name just a few problems longtime owners of Teslas like myself have witnessed.

The Lucid Air comes out of the starting blocks a better designed and a better built car than the Model S. But this doesn’t mean that Lucid, the company, have been at all successful in avoiding the many production and customer communication problems that they surely must have observed happening over at Tesla. I don’t hold out much hope that they’ll be any more successful in avoiding the deterioration of customer service after their “$50,000 Lucid” hits the market.

But that’s just my inner-Eeyore grumbling out loud.

Once you get your car, enjoy Lucid’s white glove service, while they are still able to provide it.

I think so. Once lower mass production lucid start to hit the market the service quality will be impacted. Really hoping to avoid service department experience altogether with a superiorly built car in the first place.

Curious what backup public charger would you recommend when EA fail (such as EVgo)? Youtube reviews seem to suggest high probability of EA stations not working or not authenticating payment.

Curious what backup public charger would you recommend when EA fail (such as EVgo)? Youtube reviews seem to suggest high probability of EA stations not working or not authenticating payment.
I've used evgo on occasion but EA has been my go-to. I have a chargepoint account as well, but they tend to have slower chargers.

Back