St Bernard

New Member just placed a deposit today. Spoke to a Sales Associate and he was able to answer many of my questions. He indicated, as many of you already know, that on Sept 9th many additional questions will be answered. Had looked at Tesla’s for a few years but just found the quality of the build and interior inferior. Hopefully Lucid Air will fill that void. Curious as to what a nicely equipped Car will sell for. I was originally intrigued by a $65-$70k price point but now realize the Car will be over $100k. I just hope not too much over.

Welcome to the fold.

Peter Rawlinson recently said in an interview that the initial cars will cost "well north of $100,000". However, I think he was referring to the Dream Editions, which will be fully-optioned except for the executive rear seating (which won't be introduced until later). I suspect -- and it's nothing more than a guess -- that two-motor versions that are not overly-loaded with every option will be around $100k or even a bit less. If Rawlinson is serious about pitting the Air against the MB S-Class, Audi A8, and BMW 7 Series, that's about the price point to hit. I think the Dream Edition is going to be pitted in performance and features (and perhaps price) more against the MB AMG63 or -- once the executive seats arrive -- the BMW M760ix. Again, though, just my guess.

Did your sales rep tell you anything else about the car that you are free to pass along?

Welcome to the fold.

Peter Rawlinson recently said in an interview that the initial cars will cost "well north of $100,000". However, I think he was referring to the Dream Editions, which will be fully-optioned except for the executive rear seating (which won't be introduced until later). I suspect -- and it's nothing more than a guess -- that two-motor versions that are not overly-loaded with every option will be around $100k or even a bit less. If Rawlinson is serious about pitting the Air against the MB S-Class, Audi A8, and BMW 7 Series, that's about the price point to hit. I think the Dream Edition is going to be pitted in performance and features (and perhaps price) more against the MB AMG63 or -- once the executive seats arrive -- the BMW M760ix. Again, though, just my guess.

Did your sales rep tell you anything else about the car that you are free to pass along?
Nothing that has not been previously reported. I forgot to ask if we will be able to configure a car in the 60-90 days.

Welcome. :)

Model S owner here. Agree with the build quality on a $90k car that I spent. Had some panel gap and paint issues but Tesla did fix it. Interior isn't too bad for me but definitely far from luxury. The driving experience and updates does it for me though and I do love my Tesla.

Super excited for Sept 9th. Deposit holder and goal is to do a trade in. I too am hopeful to be around the 100k mark.

Yesterday my sales rep told me there will be a trade-in program, but the details have not yet been worked out. Tesla and Rivian use third-party brokers for their trade-in program, and I suspect Lucid will do the same. I did a trade in when I got my Tesla in 2015 (Model S P90D), and it worked very smoothly. The appraiser came to the house to view the trade-in, offered a good price and, once I executed the paperwork, trailered the car away. I never had to leave the house.

I've loved the Tesla as a technology piece but have found its rear quarters just don't work for hauling adult friends and family around. Even the Model X doesn't work. (A $115,000 vehicle without convenience basics such as front door pockets or comfort basics such as rear seat center armrests? Give me a break.)

I am just so thankful that Lucid came along with a real prospect of joining Tesla at the front rank of EV technology while curing its shortcomings as a roomy, luxurious sport tourer. Even when the Mercedes EQS hits the market next year (if it stays on schedule), it's not going to offer the power or range of the Lucid, although it will certainly match -- or maybe even beat -- the interior accommodations.

Back