New Member in Maryland / DC

Citysail

Hello, we placed orders for a Pure and a Touring just prior to IRA being signed and the price increases going into effect (thanks Lucid for maintaining pricing and not pulling a Rivian!). Using the time until final payment to test drive other EVs. Liked the acceleration of Model 3 and the Y but am turned off by interior design and the way the cars were put together. Drove the EQS 580 - loved the serene handling and the Hyperscreen but at $150k it is real money (esp. vs. the $75k for the Pure after tax rebates). But, Mercedes has a dealer/service center close by and Lucid is an hour+ away. Having bought recently a BMW X5 which has a flashing engine sign frequently we were reminded of the big hassle factor once something requires attention. We would enjoy connecting with others in the area (Frederick / DC).

Hello, we placed orders for a Pure and a Touring just prior to IRA being signed and the price increases going into effect (thanks Lucid for maintaining pricing and not pulling a Rivian!). Using the time until final payment to test drive other EVs. Liked the acceleration of Model 3 and the Y but am turned off by interior design and the way the cars were put together. Drove the EQS 580 - loved the serene handling and the Hyperscreen but at $150k it is real money (esp. vs. the $75k for the Pure after tax rebates). But, Mercedes has a dealer/service center close by and Lucid is an hour+ away. Having bought recently a BMW X5 which has a flashing engine sign frequently we were reminded of the big hassle factor once something requires attention. We would enjoy connecting with others in the area (Frederick / DC).
Welcome to the forum…I am a current Dream edition owner in northern VA…there is a new service center coming to Tysons Corner supposedly in the four quarter of this year…I have used the mobile service a couple of times for minor stuff including recalls with no issues.

Welcome. I expect to take delivery of a Grand Touring (quantum gray, Mojave, 19” wheels) sometime within the next week, will be using the Tysons Corner center. Very much looking forward to it. I’m over in Suthun Murlin (Chesapeake Beach), still haven’t seen one in the wild, although there are supposed to be several in the DC MD NoVA area.

Welcome. Most likely getting mine through them Saturday who is your DA?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Regarding the Tysons Corner service center - according to the local staff the center is currently under construction with opening for Spring 2023 planned (I hope they find qualified staff; my local MB dealer here in Hagerstown doesn't detail cars anymore - went from a staff of seven to one....).

Welcome. Most likely getting mine through them Saturday who is your DA?
If 'DA" means local sales rep it is Farah. Very much enjoyed the test drive; although she has yet to adjust to a more Germanic driving style (why is there a 90mph limitation on the test vehicle ;-) ?

I also have a Pure on order since last year and in the god ole Suthun Murlin area. (St. Mary's). Completed our test drive in Tyson's last week.

Thanks for letting me know. I did read somewhere that the plant is currently installing the tools for the solid roof, so maybe our Pure's will (eventually) arrive.

NIce, I just joined the forum today. Also from the DMV (Maryland). Thank you for sharing your experience. I will also be test driving other EVs while I a waiting on my Pure...I have been looking at Lucid for a couple of years, decided to make the reservation when I saw the prices were increasing.

well if you find you
NIce, I just joined the forum today. Also from the DMV (Maryland). Thank you for sharing your experience. I will also be test driving other EVs while I a waiting on my Pure...I have been looking at Lucid for a couple of years, decided to make the reservation when I saw the prices were increasing.
Welcome. and if you find yourself in rehoboth let me know

I also have a Pure on order since last year and in the god ole Suthun Murlin area. (St. Mary's). Completed our test drive in Tyson's last week.
I have had a pure on order for almost two years now and still can't get a test drive. What's the story?

I have had a pure on order for almost two years now and still can't get a test drive. What's the story?
If you test a GT it really is not the same. They don't have Pures in studio to test.

It won’t be the same but there are many similarities. Enough to call Tysons make appointment and drive the car.

Marylanders don't forget to check the EV credits listed in our state. You can get 40% rebate for installation and/or equipment on your charging equipment at your home.

@Citysail -
Welcome to the future owners club here in the DC area!
Like you, I ordered a Pure before the price increase and confirmed the order a few days before before the IRA was signed.
It's pure excitement to think about owning a Pure, but I won't be touring around in a Air Touring unless it is down the road in a few years.
Onward!

Back