NEW Hagerty drag race: Demon 170 vs Sapphire!

@hmp10 this should be reason enough to upgrade 😄

Dragtimes also did a video comparing the two but not nearly as cinematic as Hagerty. Same results though in his tests as well. Sapphire seemingly is the whole package... well driving wise that is.

DT Video:

The Sapphire beat the Demon not only on regular asphalt, but even a prepped drag strip (where it hit the 1/4 in 9 seconds flat
)!
Wait, you can add spoilers? Can a mod show me how?

I liked how they illustrated the quality/consistency of the Sapphire by banging off 14 runs.
Drag Times (In my view) is just some overly macho IT guy from a children's museum who likes speeding on public roads and does some drag strip work.

I liked how they illustrated the quality/consistency of the Sapphire by banging off 14 runs.
Drag Times (In my view) is just some overly macho IT guy from a children's museum who likes speeding on public roads and does some drag strip work.
Agreed. The 14 runs was impressive and shows how consistent the Lucid was. Wish they would've showed the whole list alongside the Demon to compare consistency.

Did I miss something? Why was the Dodge so much slower in this testing then what had been advertised and promoted previously by dodge?

Did I miss something? Why was the Dodge so much slower in this testing then what had been advertised and promoted previously by dodge?
1720726113809.png

(It's a boat, couldn't hook to save its life. Same reason why hellcats are so slow... but I'm shocked it was THAT slow on the strip!)

One of the best jokes I've heard is:
"Why is it called the Demon 170?"
"Because it took 170 attempts to get the recorded times"

Last edited by a moderator:
They only do their rated performance when driven by Ghetto criminals during a robbery.

(It's a boat, couldn't hook to save its life. Same reason why hellcats are so slow... but I'm shocked it was THAT slow on the strip!)

One of the best jokes I've heard is:
"Why is it called the Demon 170?"
"Because it took 170 attempts to get the recorded times"
Damn you @hydbob 🤣

You know what really impressed me about the Hagerty review?

That clip of seven adult males climbing out of the trunk, the cabin, and the frunk of the world's quickest production vehicle.

The Sapphire -- in fact, the whole Lucid company -- is one damned amazing addition to the automotive scene.

You know what really impressed me about the Hagerty review?

That clip of seven adult males climbing out of the trunk, the cabin, and the frunk of the world's quickest production vehicle.

The Sapphire -- in fact, the whole Lucid company -- is one damned amazing addition to the automotive scene.
Having a few extra bodies step out of the Sapphire after the run would have also been good too. ;)

Back