New CCCU

About a year ago I had these exact flickering symptoms on my center console screen. Turned out to be a bad CCCV1 which they replaced at the service center with a new CCCV1 under warranty. No more flickering.
 
It's not physically a big deal to install - the CCC is located behind some interior trim above the glovebox. I think there might be some technician time required for loading software and making sure everything is working properly after the brain swap. You'll need re-create user profiles, check every menu setting etc. Well worth it IMO.

Best to call your nearest service location and ask.
Mine is being installed as I type this. I’m on the deck drinking coffee and R is in the garage doing the major service and cccv2 upgrade. I’m going to keep the old unit for educational purposes, might ask if he has another knocking about so I can have two to break.
If I can I’ll try to grab a photo while he’s got the car apart.
 
Here’s a couple of photos
In the car, behind the glove box, in v2 bigger heat sink with active cooling (fan).
The other is v1
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9575.webp
    IMG_9575.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9573.webp
    IMG_9573.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Back
Top