New bug. Pilot and right screen boot up but not center

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
Tried to leave the office and this happened. I’ve had the pilot panel and right screen freeze but this was new. The left and center screens remained the pleasant Arizona night scene and the pilot panel came on plus the upper right screen. The radio played but there was no way to put the car into gear. Stepping on the brake had no effect. I waited about 3 minutes then got out and locked the car. I waited a minute and everything booted up normally ( slowly of course). 2.0 OTA can’t come soon enough !

Attachments

• 056E9D65-1BBE-4E1F-8C18-112F053CBFDC.jpeg
    056E9D65-1BBE-4E1F-8C18-112F053CBFDC.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 128
Tried to leave the office and this happened. I’ve had the pilot panel and right screen freeze but this was new. The left and center screens remained the pleasant Arizona night scene and the pilot panel came on plus the upper right screen. The radio played but there was no way to put the car into gear. Stepping on the brake had no effect. I waited about 3 minutes then got out and locked the car. I waited a minute and everything booted up normally ( slowly of course). 2.0 OTA can’t come soon enough !
I had that happen on 1.x software also. So far I have not had any screen crashes on 2.0.x. I hope that it stays that way.

Hmm .. I haven't seen that happen (I had the car delivered w/ 1.2.21). The one thing that is similar and still a bug in 2.0X is the right cockpit and pilot panels go blank when switching between profiles.

Attachments

• IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 77
Hmm .. I haven't seen that happen (I had the car delivered w/ 1.2.21). The one thing that is similar and still a bug in 2.0X is the right cockpit and pilot panels go blank when switching between profiles.
How often/how long do your right cockpit and pilot panels go blank? Does it only happen when switching between profiles?

Well, I don't often change between profiles, but it happened to me and I was able to reproduce it .. detailed in "this other post"

Just two days out of the Lucid Service Center my Pilot Panel failed again. I lost all functions including ventilation, AC, radio, Navigation and recharging. Once again a blank screen with no available functions. Car is underivable except for short trips. My Holiday road trip will have to be cancelled. I am very close to invoking the Lemon Law. Beyond disappointed because when its working, I love this car.

I’m on my trip down to Florida after just installing the last software update. My pilot panel has frozen but on just one menu ( the opening, charging, theme screen, massage) I can switch to climate , vehicle etc which all work but can’t use massage or anything on first pilot screen. I had to up charging to100 percent using the app. Three turn signal reboots failed to correct. I’ll wait till I’m safely in Florida to engage customer service tomorrow.

I’m on my trip down to Florida after just installing the last software update. My pilot panel has frozen but on just one menu ( the opening, charging, theme screen, massage) I can switch to climate , vehicle etc which all work but can’t use massage or anything on first pilot screen. I had to up charging to100 percent using the app. Three turn signal reboots failed to correct. I’ll wait till I’m safely in Florida to engage customer service tomorrow.
Did you try a Bobby Reset?

Just two days out of the Lucid Service Center my Pilot Panel failed again. I lost all functions including ventilation, AC, radio, Navigation and recharging. Once again a blank screen with no available functions. Car is underivable except for short trips. My Holiday road trip will have to be cancelled. I am very close to invoking the Lemon Law. Beyond disappointed because when its working, I love this car.
I hope they get it fixed soon. Please keep us posted.

Did you try a Bobby Reset?
What is the Bobby Reset. I tried the turn signal reset but with no success. My car is with Lucid Service now. Waiting to her what the diagnostics has to show.

What is the Bobby Reset. I tried the turn signal reset but with no success. My car is with Lucid Service now. Waiting to her what the diagnostics has to show.
Inside the car, log in to the guest profile. Wait a couple minutes, then log back in to your own profile.

Inside the car, log in to the guest profile. Wait a couple minutes, then log back in to your own profile.
But can't log in because Pilot Panel is blank, nothing on it works.

But can't log in because Pilot Panel is blank, nothing on it works.
Profiles are selected at the upper part of the right cockpit panel, not the pilot panel. Is your cockpit panel blank as well?

Upper part of main panel is also blank, if it relates to the pilot panel. Right now the only thing showing on the upper right panel is the time. Everything else is gone, as is milage since last charge.

Bobby reset fixed the screen. Spent an hour in Savannah trying to get a charge from EA. Was able to get 100 miles 3 minutes at a time. Lucid and ea not much help

Back