NAV and music

signgirl

Cars
Dream Edition
DE Number
Has anyone figured out how to use navigation and change stations on Tidal or Spotify?

Has anyone figured out how to use navigation and change stations on Tidal or Spotify?
Not possible right now. Waiting on AAOS 2 for that functionality

What do you mean??
When you use the navigation you can also hear the music but you can’t change it. If you bring up the music icon to change stations, navigation disappears. Can’t do both at once.

When you use the navigation you can also hear the music but you can’t change it. If you bring up the music icon to change stations, navigation disappears. Can’t do both at once.
This is a problem

It's annoying for sure. It's a waste of 2 screens and I just assumed that you could run one thing on the bottom screen with another on the top before getting the car. It seems more attention was paid to the gimmick of flicking up and down between the 2 screens than the actual practicality. If this was the intention then the nav directions should have been in the drivers panel day 1 like it shows in the instruction manual. For now, I just leave the Nav on and control the music via the steering wheel. I also don't like that the nav doesn't tell you the lanes you can be in. Eg. if it's a 6 lane freeway it would be nice to show you that you need to be in the the right 3 lanes etc. to turn than just say turn right.

It's annoying for sure. It's a waste of 2 screens and I just assumed that you could run one thing on the bottom screen with another on the top before getting the car. It seems more attention was paid to the gimmick of flicking up and down between the 2 screens than the actual practicality. If this was the intention then the nav directions should have been in the drivers panel day 1 like it shows in the instruction manual. For now, I just leave the Nav on and control the music via the steering wheel. I also don't like that the nav doesn't tell you the lanes you can be in. Eg. if it's a 6 lane freeway it would be nice to show you that you need to be in the the right 3 lanes etc. to turn than just say turn right.
I agree. I was spoiled by the nav in my Mercedes.

I agree. I was spoiled by the nav in my Mercedes.
Another reason why Peter should stop referencing Mercedes as the Lucid’s competition and just stick to Tesla

I hope the chip they are using has the processing power to run two apps on two screens at once!

This is a known issue for all cars running 2 screens with AAOS

I wonder if Lucid will go it alone in the future if issues like this keep popping up. For an Car OS to not be able to run multiple apps like Nav & Muslc is pretty poor in this day and age.

I wonder if Lucid will go it alone in the future if issues like this keep popping up. For an Car OS to not be able to run multiple apps like Nav & Muslc is pretty poor in this day and age.
My guess is no, but we will see!

Well it can run both, just not split between upper and lower panel. On MBUX if I wanted to view navigation after having CarPlay open because I was choosing songs (Tidal in CarPlay’s interface is buggy, no better than in the Lucid), then I’d have to hit home on the steering wheel and then hit the nav button on the console. If I hit the Nav button on the console only, then it would bring up Apple Maps instead of Mercedes navigation system. I don’t find the Lucid any more cumbersome than that. What does suck though is not being able to control the navigation voice on/off/volume independent from music.

Works fine in my 2-screen AAOS Volvo. Driver's screen can have navigation showing and active, with the infotainment screen showing any other single app. Multi-app support on the infotainment screen has been demo'd by Polestar but not released.

Apologies for bumping an old thread (new owner). Has this been resolved in subsequent updates? I’d like to be able to have NAV on the top screen and have Tidal/Spotify on the bottom one

Apologies for bumping an old thread (new owner). Has this been resolved in subsequent updates? I’d like to be able to have NAV on the top screen and have Tidal/Spotify on the bottom one
Not yet.

Back