My best efficient yet! (94% EPA AGT21”)

Recommendations for optimal tire pressure? I’m embarrassed to say I drove 6,000+ miles with tires at 41 psi. That’s how it was delivered and since no dash warning assumed it was correct. Just checked the door label - 49 psi !! 19 inch all season pzeros. Have averaged 3.4 up till now, anxious to see what it will do with correct pressure.

Recommendations for optimal tire pressure? I’m embarrassed to say I drove 6,000+ miles with tires at 41 psi. That’s how it was delivered and since no dash warning assumed it was correct. Just checked the door label - 49 psi !! 19 inch all season pzeros. Have averaged 3.4 up till now, anxious to see what it will do with correct pressure.
42 for 21s. 49 for 19s.

Thanks, I just added another item to my way too long delivery checklist. 👍

Thanks, appears that they set my pressures for 21s. 😥 my bad for not checking.
What I’d also do is get a digital pressure gauge or just get the Ryobi battery powered inflator, and make sure that the Lucid tire sensor matches the pressure an external devices says. I’ve also noticed these tires don’t like staying at 49PSI. All tires will lose some pressure as temperatures drop but on a 50 degree day you’ll lose two PSI when you set them to 49 the day before when it was 70 degrees out.

Something is wrong with your car computer. 1992.3 miles / 272 kW = 7.3 and not 6.4
Yes, that number is nonsensical. My guess is that one of the updates may have reset something resulting in this BS 6.4 mi/kwh number.

Mine was delivered low at 45 with 19”. So after a few days, the sensors kept going off and I kept calling CS.. I didn’t even think of checking the tires since the car was so new. Finally I did and inflated them.

Mine was delivered low at 45 with 19”. So after a few days, the sensors kept going off and I kept calling CS.. I didn’t even think of checking the tires since the car was so new. Finally I did and inflated them.
LOL and mine were delivered high and I had to bleed some air out.

Mine got delivered with 49 psi last Monday.

So, the saga continues….

Before…
View attachment 4146

After…
View attachment 4148

3.9mi/kWh * 112kWh / 469mi (newly adjusted)
= 93.1% EPA

This time outside temperature is 79F as oppose of 86F previous drive. No passenger this time, driving on freeway 90% of time, and on freeway 55~65 mph 95% of time. There was 5% of time when I got Model-X and Model-Y approachedto ahead of me on my left and right. They both roll down their windows and gave me a thumb up. One of them took video of my Air then pulled away. I then muscle away to 85 mph instantly followed those Teslas, but after couple minutes, I slowed down and told myself, I have a scientific experiment to continue. HVAC set same parameter, 72F, fan-speed 2 with recycle air. Not using Tidal nor Navigation this time.

Conclusion, the biggest efficiency drag is probably beyond 80mph driving and definitely the environment temperature acclimation. Summer daytime is just poor for efficiency.
You inspire me! I haven't been able to get above 2.7. I need to change my driving habits to see if I can break 3.5.

Range or not I am very uncomfortable driving below the speed limit on any highway. High risk of creating road rage if in the middle or left lane and a pain to deal with merging huge trucks in the right lane. on surface streets too driving below the speed limit can invite road rage.

Thank you for this information. I couldn't find this information in the Lucid Owner's Manual. In March, my vehicle arrived with the 21 inch tires. In September, I switched to the 19 inch tires because I needed the all-season tires for the winter. The label inside my car door identifies the pressure for the 21 inch tires, but not the 19 inch tires.

So, the saga continues….

Before…
View attachment 4146

After…
View attachment 4148

3.9mi/kWh * 112kWh / 469mi (newly adjusted)
= 93.1% EPA

This time outside temperature is 79F as oppose of 86F previous drive. No passenger this time, driving on freeway 90% of time, and on freeway 55~65 mph 95% of time. There was 5% of time when I got Model-X and Model-Y approachedto ahead of me on my left and right. They both roll down their windows and gave me a thumb up. One of them took video of my Air then pulled away. I then muscle away to 85 mph instantly followed those Teslas, but after couple minutes, I slowed down and told myself, I have a scientific experiment to continue. HVAC set same parameter, 72F, fan-speed 2 with recycle air. Not using Tidal nor Navigation this time.

Conclusion, the biggest efficiency drag is probably beyond 80mph driving and definitely the environment temperature acclimation. Summer daytime is just poor for efficiency.
I have found that elevation changes are a huge determinant. If one is making a round trip that should even out (sort of) but not on a one way trip. Were there elevation changes for you and if so, in what direction?

Reactions: DJL
I have found that elevation changes are a huge determinant.
Agreed, but there are so many factors at play that it is a challenge to predict range. I like A Better Route Planner's approach to estimating range based on information including elevation change, temperature, etc., but we don't have that available in the in-car navigation system, and we often want to have a good idea of when to recharge even when not on a longer trip. I find the more useful miles-to-empty information display to be one that does a weighted average, taking into account your long-term mi/kw, the last 100 mi, the last 25, the last 5. That way your car's battery and motors and load including luggage and passengers, your driving, the weather, the roads, environmental controls ... all help to tell you that if you keep driving like that, you'll not make it to grandma's house in time for dinner. But if your spouse was driving, no problem!

I have found that elevation changes are a huge determinant. If one is making a round trip that should even out (sort of) but not on a one way trip. Were there elevation changes for you and if so, in what direction?
There weren’t many elevation change in Houston at 50’ above sea level. It is as flat as it get when I did those tests. The only minor change is 20’ freeway ramp and on and off overpass on interstate.

And when I did those 2 tests, I was both times in round trip dropping passengers.

I just got my Lucid Air Touring ( 21"s) a couple of weeks ago - this is my first EV and I'm appreciative of all the experience on these forums.

Is 3.5 Mi/kWh a good "mileage?" That seems to be the best I'm able to achieve doing the speed limit on flat terrain. Should I expect that to improve after 2,000 miles? Also, the pictures in this thread show the left side of the cockpit panel with mileage and an avg mi/kWh, yet I can only display the miles traveled - how do I get that? can't find it in the manual.

I just got my Lucid Air Touring ( 21"s) a couple of weeks ago - this is my first EV and I'm appreciative of all the experience on these forums.

Is 3.5 Mi/kWh a good "mileage?" That seems to be the best I'm able to achieve doing the speed limit on flat terrain. Should I expect that to improve after 2,000 miles? Also, the pictures in this thread show the left side of the cockpit panel with mileage and an avg mi/kWh, yet I can only display the miles traveled - how do I get that? can't find it in the manual.
The efficiency display on the left side of the center cockpit display was taken away in version 2.x software. I think many of us would like tot see it return. Your 3.5 mi/kWhr is 83% of EPA so is very good compared to others here. I do beleive that it will get better after 2000 miles.

That is awesome if you're driving the way people suppose to enjoy a performance luxury EV. That means you get at least 320mi real range with 21" wheels !!

On my Tesla, we NEVER got more than 220 miles, so a trip to Vegas from SoCal requires a recharge, quite annoying. One of the reasons we upgraded to Lucid ...

Back