Modifying tire size

chcho

Cars
AGT - Zenith Red
Has anyone modified their tire size from 21" to 19" or vice versa? I'm trying to switch from 21" to 19" but DA says its too late, but they can sell me a 19" tire package. Seems like if they can sell me an extra set of wheels/tires, they should be able to make that modification. Curious to see if anyone's run across this.

Has anyone modified their tire size from 21" to 19" or vice versa? I'm trying to switch from 21" to 19" but DA says its too late, but they can sell me a 19" tire package. Seems like if they can sell me an extra set of wheels/tires, they should be able to make that modification. Curious to see if anyone's run across this.
The extra set is considered an accessory, which is why they can do that. When they register the car VINs with the various regulatory authorities, they do so with the specific wheels on the configuration; it's also listed on the Monroney Label, for example. Because of that, switching wheels is more complicated, and I understand why they don't do it.

That said, I have both sets (originally with the 21s, 19s as an accessory) and have mobile service swap my 21s for the 19s before long road trips, and it works great.

That said, I have both sets (originally with the 21s, 19s as an accessory) and have mobile service swap my 21s for the 19s before long road trips, and it works great.
Does service have to update any calibrations when the size is changed? I'm eyeing some aftermarket 20" rims and tires that will be a little different net diameter.

Does service have to update any calibrations when the size is changed? I'm eyeing some aftermarket 20" rims and tires that will be a little different net diameter.
Yup. They need to adjust the TPMS sensors. But they can do that via mobile service.

Does anything else need to change if you change tire/wheel sizes? The sticker on the drivers door column is written for the original tire/wheel size.
Any software settings need to change ?

Apparently a Lucid tech has to do some calibration for the car with new tires.

Back