Mobile key unlock without knowing

SBD1500

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure
DE Number
Referral Code
91B5SVKZ
I park my Pure in the driveway occasionally. I work out in my garage. If my car unlocks due to phone proximity without me knowing, could someone just drive off with my car? Will it prompt for a pin?

I park my Pure in the driveway occasionally. I work out in my garage. If my car unlocks due to phone proximity without me knowing, could someone just drive off with my car? Will it prompt for a pin?
In order for them to drive off, they would need to have the phone inside the car. Otherwise, they need to enter a pin if they don’t have the phone with them.

In order for them to drive off, they would need to have the phone inside the car. Otherwise, they need to enter a pin if they don’t have the phone with them.
Thanks, I'm a new owner and having experience with wife's Tesla. Still learning the different features.

I just tested this. I unlocked car with mobile key from garage. Wife got in driver seat and was able to put car in drive. She doesn't have a profile of anything. Doesn't reassure me as I workout in my garage and someone might be able to drive off once they see it unlock. I wish I had option to require pin to drive.

I just tested this. I unlocked car with mobile key from garage. Wife got in driver seat and was able to put car in drive. She doesn't have a profile of anything. Doesn't reassure me as I workout in my garage and someone might be able to drive off once they see it unlock. I wish I had option to require pin to drive.
Option 1: Turn off Bluetooth on your phone while in the garage
Option 2: remove mobile key entirely and only use the fob

Thanks for those options. Do you see them possibly adding pin code to drive in a software update?

They wont get far. Once the car is out of range of your fob or phone for more than a bit, the car will flash up “Key not detected.“

Also, your phone knows exactly where your car is.

When does the vehicle actually prompt for the pin code that I set up?

When does the vehicle actually prompt for the pin code that I set up?
If you use the mobile app to unlock it or you use the key card.

If you use the mobile app to unlock it or you use the key card.
I used the mobile app to unlock. Wife got in driver seat and was able to put in drive. No prompt for pin. I was not in the vehicle. I was in the garage.

I used the mobile app to unlock. Wife got in driver seat and was able to put in drive. No prompt for pin. I was not in the vehicle. I was in the garage.
The Mobile Key and mobile app are two different items. Did the car unlock by itself with you near the garage or did you open the app and unlock it?

Mobile app. However I will test again to confirm.

you don't need to turn off Bluetooth, just turn off the Lucid app when not using it.
(don't sign out of the app. / don't turn off Bluetooth)

to do this on an android phone:
press the hidden " clear all " button.
this closes the Lucid app. on your android phone
now you can listen to podcasts through your ear buds right next to the car and the car will remain asleep.
when you are ready to use the car just press the Lucid icon on your phone and the car wakes and opens in 5 seconds.

easy peesy

if Bobby knew anyone with an android phone he could make a video showing how easy this is.
{ it's not easy, and you need to see it because you can't explain it with words. The button is hidden BEHIND the app. To uncover the 'clear all' button takes deft fingering, which must be practiced for hours.}

For android users with the Lucid app. installed: if you don't know how to find the hidden "clear all" button on your phone,
ask a teenager.

I can't describe how to find the hidden "clear all" button, because it is VERY touchy and technique sensitive to get it out of hiding.
takes some practice ... but once you get it down you won't go back to the fob.

to do this on an apple phone: you can't, or Bobby would have made a video of it.

The Mobile Key and mobile app are two different items.
I could not disagree more.
I use the mobile app as my mobile key.
same same
I turn the app off, car sleeps
I turn the app on, car awakes

I am surprised how many apple users don't know how the mobile key works.
If I knew how to post a video here I'd show you how simple it is to turn off / turn on the Lucid app., which is the Mobile key = same same.

If you don't turn off the Lucid app.=Mobile key, the car will wake anytime your phone is within range. To prevent this, turn the app off.
the Lucid app is always on after you press the icon. just because it's not on screen doesn't mean the Lucid app is off.

you need to learn how to turn the Lucid app off. it's very easy to turn it off. Bobby is going to make a video of this any day now, because it's too hard to explain it. if you can type with your thumbs you can probably learn how to turn off the Lucid app in a month or two of practice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea. I believe I have come up with a solution based off what you mentioned. First off, I agree the mobile key is the phone+Lucid App running. If you delete the app, I bet mobile key doesn't work. (Someone can test). What I did do was "Force stop" on the Lucid app. Bluetooth was still on. Walked over to my car and it would not unlock with proximity of my phone. It wasn't until I reopened the Lucid app that my car unlocked. When I walked away, it locked back up. So now I know if I want to do something in the garage without the car communicating with the phone/Lucid App... I need to Force stop the app, so that it is no longer running in the background. This method allows me to continue using Bluetooth for watch, portable music speakers etc without interacting with the car mobile key features. Then when I'm ready for it to behave as a mobile key, click to open app.

I am surprised how many apple users don't know how the mobile key works.
If I knew how to post a video here I'd show you how simple it is to turn off / turn on the Lucid app., which is the Mobile key = same same.

If you don't turn off the Lucid app.=Mobile key, the car will wake anytime your phone is within range. To prevent this, turn the app off.
the Lucid app is always on after you press the icon. just because it's not on screen doesn't mean the Lucid app is off.

you need to learn how to turn the Lucid app off. it's very easy to turn it off. Bobby is going to make a video of this any day now, because it's too hard to explain it. if you can type with your thumbs you can probably learn how to turn off the Lucid app in a month or two of practice.
I would love to use the iPhone as the mobile key but it takes too darn long for my phone to wake the car :)

I would love to use the iPhone as the mobile key but it takes too darn long for my phone to wake the car :)
No need to launch the app on iPhone. Mobile key wakes the car instantly.

Back