Mobile key unlock without knowing

OK, tomorrow I will get the wife to help me make a video. She is of the Steve Jobs cult. I have not loaded the Lucid app on her I Phone as yet so can not confirm, but she knows how to video things with her phone ( I can only make a video accidentally when I'm trying to snap a photo = my android phone did not come with an owner's manual).

I will have her video me demonstrating what I'm trying to explain.
Then, I will have her load the Lucid app on her I phone, set-up the mobile key, and see what happens.
This is fun. I'm having a great time. Hope everyone takes this in the lighthearted manner I intend.
I own an iOS app development company, I am very familiar with this functionality.

Oh. Well then. Sorry I've been so flippant. This issue with unintended car waking has been driving me crazy since day one.

Seriously, I will try to video my android phone with the app running in the background, and with it properly closed.

Getting the Lucid mobile key to work as (the designers) intended has changed my life. I now understand why everyone likes smart phones. Up until I bought my Lucid I only used my smart phone as a pocket watch. I couldn't use it as a phone because I don't know which button to press to answer a call. There are so many icons = why ?

I'm a scientist, so I was raised on PC. None of the science software I used runs on Apple.
1688102353365.png
my keyboard

Hat tip to @hydbob for the trick:

At home, I turn off 'Location' on my phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra), which essentially disables mobile key. Voila. No more constant unlocking and relocking when I'm in my kitchen, laundry room or garage. Turn Location back on before I leave and the car unlocks when I go into my garage.

Yes they're extra steps, but my excess battery loss has significantly decreased.
With the new 2.1.2 functionality, you can set the locking or unlocking to passive or active depending on your preference. For example, you could set locking to passive and press the door handle to lock the car when you are in public and leave it unlocked in your garage. Then that won’t happen.

With the new 2.1.2 functionality, you can set the locking or unlocking to passive or active depending on your preference. For example, you could set locking to passive and press the door handle to lock the car when you are in public and leave it unlocked in your garage. Then that won’t happen.
Is that what the passive functionality is? Does the car really stay unlocked?

Given that I've been using the auto lock for over a year, I'd probably repeatedly forget to lock my car if I used that function. I'd rather not take the chance of stuff being stolen. 🤦🏻‍♂️

You should have an option to Force stop on an android device. This stops the app from running until you open it back up. This will stop inadvertent door lock/unlock if you are in the proximity of your Lucid like in the garage.

Ouch this is way too complicated, and too many steps.

here's what I've been doing: to close: swipe, press. to open: press

I wasn't able to figure this out from the settings. If someone has done this successfully please post instructions. Thanks.

Has the new update pushed out yet?

Is that what the passive functionality is? Does the car really stay unlocked?

Given that I've been using the auto lock for over a year, I'd probably repeatedly forget to lock my car if I used that function. I'd rather not take the chance of stuff being stolen. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Unfortunately, no. I am actually disappointed in the way it’s been implemented. If you turn off passive locking, the car will stay unlocked but, unfortunately, everything else will also stay on. I’m not exactly sure the of the use case for this except the very occasional time when you’re loading the car and you don’t want it to continually lock… It basically has the same effect as leaving the driver’s door open… A/C, lights, audio all stay on when you walk away from the car. I am already in contact with Lucid to try to get them to improve this. I was hoping the functionality would be such that everything in the car would shut down the way it normally does but the doors can stay unlocked, especially if geofenced, to allow the car to turn off and be unlocked.

After July 4, I will be creating a new video that describes the current state of locking and unlocking and also makes some constructive suggestions for future implementation.

Back