Mobile key on Apple Watch?

kudos to your efforts in making these educational videos on Lucid. But nobody should be expected to rely on "workarounds" for a thing as basic as locking and unlocking their car - especially when the car has been around for more than 2 years without a significant improvement in this specific functionality.

I love my car, I keep recommending it to people who are on the market. But it is beyond any excuses that Lucid should have fixed their key functionality. One possible solution is - scrap the mobile key altogether, tell everyone that they need to use the fob. Mobile key is right now an unnecessary sore point in the owners' experience.
Agreed. I will now start carrying the fob, because today Lucid won't open with my mobile even after pushing the door handle. I had to open the app in the rain on my phone and wait for almost a minute for it to wake up the car and then unlock it. Not a fun thing to do in Cold NJ rain. Particularly when others around you rush in the rain get in their car and move on.

I carry the fob and the mobile key and sometimes the door handle does not come out even if I press it. I have to take out the fob, press the middle that locks the car and then if I try the handle it will work.

I carry the fob and the mobile key and sometimes the door handle does not come out even if I press it. I have to take out the fob, press the middle that locks the car and then if I try the handle it will work.
In case you didn't know, double-clicking that button on the fob unlocks the doors. No need to lock and then unlock.
It does also seem like having either the fob or the mobile key works better than having both.
In order of reliability for me personally it's:
1) Fob with proximity unlocking turned off
2) Fob
3) Mobile key
4) Fob + mobile key - it seemed like it got confused way more often.

Agreed. I will now start carrying the fob, because today Lucid won't open with my mobile even after pushing the door handle. I had to open the app in the rain on my phone and wait for almost a minute for it to wake up the car and then unlock it. Not a fun thing to do in Cold NJ rain. Particularly when others around you rush in the rain get in their car and move on.
IMO there’s nothing more reliable than the fob. Fob for life! Long live the fob! :)

kudos to your efforts in making these educational videos on Lucid. But nobody should be expected to rely on "workarounds" for a thing as basic as locking and unlocking their car - especially when the car has been around for more than 2 years without a significant improvement in this specific functionality.

I love my car, I keep recommending it to people who are on the market. But it is beyond any excuses that Lucid should have fixed their key functionality. One possible solution is - scrap the mobile key altogether, tell everyone that they need to use the fob. Mobile key is right now an unnecessary sore point in the owners' experience.
Well, I guess I’m the kind of person that tries to find a workaround solution when there is a problem. While I fundamentally agree that these problems should not exist in the first place, sitting on my hands and waiting for Lucid to solve them is not compatible with my personality. As far as scrapping mobile key entirely goes, that is certainly up to you. You can delete the key from your phone and use the fob. Personally, I haven’t used a fob in a long time, probably over a year, except when I valet.

What type of phone are you using?

Did you try all of the suggestions in my recent video?
Yes I did. Removed mobile key in the car, from lucid app, deleted Bluetooth both, logo reset and deleted profile, created everything all over again. Nothing. As mentioned earlier, it always worked randomly. Ver much like London Rain. Thanks for your support very much appreciate it.

The customer service at Lucid is very prompt and considerate and friendly and helpful…. But they are not able to solve the issues (several issues like frunk is stuck little open and won’t close, passenger door doesn’t open and give child lock error, seat belt suddenly pulls back and chokes). Finally agree to have the car taken to service center, which is more than 100 miles away. Since they don’t have a loaner they can’t schedule. Again I may seem like whining but I didn’t buy just a car but bought into a concept. Maybe I am wrong.

Thanks for your indulgence

I would definitely suggest the method I listed above. iPhone does not need to be awake for mobile key to work.
I’ve had this issue forever…. Very selective when it wakes up with your phone. I only use my phone btw. iPhone 13, 2 yrs owner

Back