Mobile Key no longer recognized / detected - can't lock car with mobile key or by pushing in handle on door

Messers Rawlinson, Bach and Bell, if you or one of your officers happens to read these posts:

Please prioritize designing keys for all current and future Lucid vehicle models to be at least as reliable, useful, intuitive, consistent and deterministic as those of mainstream manufacturers. For many customers, the current keying scheme often results in an uncomfortable detraction from an otherwise brilliant car.

Humbly,

OCDC

Mobile key does not use WiFi.
It does suck to have to walk around to the side of the car to get the doors to unlock in order to use the trunk. I also consider it a safety issue that I must unlock all doors and can’t select to unlock the driver’s door only.
I didn't think it used wifi. I just can't understand why it performs so much more reliably in my garage than elsewhere.

I have not carried it for well over a year as well. In fact, I had to put the key card in my wallet because I realized that I had no way for the last valet to take my car lol - luckily he let me self-valet that once, but from that point I now carry the card.
Same here.

Messers Rawlinson, Bach and Bell, if you or one of your officers happens to read these posts:

Please prioritize designing keys for all current and future Lucid vehicle models to be at least as reliable, useful, intuitive, consistent and deterministic as those of mainstream manufacturers. For many customers, the current keying scheme often results in an uncomfortable detraction from an otherwise brilliant car.

Humbly,

OCDC
They already have. As evidenced by the updated fob in Gravity.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Air fob ends up being redesigned in 2025. It will require different hardware, not just in the fob itself but in the car. Which is why we likely won’t see a retrofit for current Airs.

But rest assured they know the Air fob is not ideal by now.

I suspect some of us might have differing expectations when we talk about how reliable the mobile key is, but would be happy to hear otherwise, so I'll be more specific.

Mine always works... eventually. It almost always works quickly if I actually take out my phone and wake it (my iPhone 15 PM) up. I'm assuming it's the iPhone's job to signal the car, and iOS power saving just doesn't think it needs to do that very often when it's in my pocket.

I almost never have to actually open the Lucid app to unlock the car, but that definitely happens sometimes. I don't think I've ever had this issue getting into my car for the first time in the morning, but if I have to make multiple trips to load things into my car, the second or third time it will often sit there with the handle depressed making uncertain car noises as it ponders whether to let me back in or not. I've taken to leaving a door cracked open if I'm just stepping away for a moment. One time that also turned out poorly, as the car decided to lock anyway (all except the open door, which I've never seen before), and then sounded the break-in alarm when I opened the cracked door again.

I never have to enter a pin to drive with the mobile key, and I have only seen the "no key detected" message once or twice in the months since I stopped carrying the fob in addition to the mobile key.

Note - I have automatic unlocking off, automatic locking on. Like many, I'd turn automatic unlocking back on and probably have a better time if it could be geofenced to avoid constant unlocking at home.
This is my experience exactly. Even my fob can be a little finicky at times. I had a loaner while lucid looked at this issue (and about 10 others). The loaner was perfect every single time. When I got my car back it felt like taking 5 steps backwards when it came to unlocking the car. Another thing that my car experiences (that the rep had never seen) was my car locks incredibly quick. Like quick enough that if I close my car door and go to open the frunk or charging door or trunk manually (not using the button inside the car), my cars already locked and I have to pull my phone back out to unlock the car. This happened while I was there (at the Scottsdale service center) and they chocked it up to “well our software is still improving.” Was a dagger to the heart a little but I took it in stride a little. This is probably my biggest complaint about the car.

Which is why we likely won’t see a retrofit for current Airs.
Yeah, I figured as much, at least not officially. That would be an expensive upgrade to apply to the fleet now. My new hope is that whatever parts are needed to make it happen on 2025 Air models are electrically and mechanically backwards compatible for older builds, and that the software is smart enough to recognize them. Just saying, to whoever may be listening (a boy can dream... 😉).

Humbly,

OCDC
I second that....keys are the biggest letdown. App also does not unlock immediately, takes almost a minute. Hope they can at least allow us to update our keys to the Gravity model for a small fee.

Finally, a piece of good news for mobile key afficionados!
My Pixel 6a mobile key, after I deleted both the bluetooth connection to the car and the mobile key, rebooted both the phone and the Lucid control panel, then connected bluetooth and created the mobile key again, everything started working as it should.
The car wakes up on approach with just the mobile key on me, doesn't complain about the missing valid key, isn't requesting that I enter the PIN, etc.
The whole un- and re-installation sequence got triggerred by the malfunctioning phone app in the Lucid.
My conclusion is that the Lucid app has gotten much better, but it needs to include some 'refresh' of the bluetooth connection to the car after software updates.
Will give it a shot. Thanks

I had to stand in a driving rain yesterday waiting for the door to unlock

Back