Mobile Key / Locking and Unlocking the Vehicle / App

Bill, only by owners bringing this to Lucid’s attention as you are will things change. Accepting flaws or looking the other way will not bring about the changes needed. This is the value of owner’s forums…if company Reps read them and I’d bet Lucid is reading.

Bill, only by owners bringing this to Lucid’s attention as you are will things change. Accepting flaws or looking the other way will not bring about the changes needed. This is the value of owner’s forums…if company Reps read them and I’d bet Lucid is reading.
I’ve been sending everything to Lucid as well and they have been responding.

Thank you for doing that. I agree with Lucken. Without direct feedback from the users, how can we expect them to prioritize making the changes needed? We all want this car to be the best version of the luxury EV it can be.

What responses have they provided?

Have they mentioned anything about the dash screen(with speedometer and such)? Most vehicles with high end ADAS have a view that shows you nearby vehicles, I'm hoping they add that soon. The current one is kinda boring.

What responses have they provided?

Have they mentioned anything about the dash screen(with speedometer and such)? Most vehicles with high end ADAS have a view that shows you nearby vehicles, I'm hoping they add that soon. The current one is kinda boring.
I actually hate that functionality on the Tesla, or maybe just where it's positioned. It's distracting and while cool initially, that appeal just wears off for me.

I actually hate that functionality on the Tesla, or maybe just where it's positioned. It's distracting and while cool initially, that appeal just wears off for me.
That's why it's good to have options. I could see it being distracting for some and for that reason it should be adjustable (I don't think it is on Tesla, but I know it is on Mercedes. ) For me it is an assurance the systems are acting as they should and just looks cool :).

Does anyone know if Lucid is using Ultra-Wideband for detecting the location of the mobile key or cell phone. It is relatively new with a lot a promise but could have software issues that are not fully worked out.
Based on the FCC compliance section of the owners manual, nothing is listed in the 6.0 to 8.5 GHz range used by UWB. This is really too bad because UWB use lower power than BTLE and gives very precise (1 cm) location accuracy. It can be used to lock or unlock at precise distances and determining if you are moving to or away from the car. With UWB and good software, many of the problems describe here to be eliminated. Because UWB uses at 500 MHz wide spectrum, it is much less likely to encounter interference from other radio devices than BTLE.

Based on the FCC compliance section of the owners manual, nothing is listed in the 6.0 to 8.5 GHz range used by UWB. This is really too bad because UWB use lower power than BTLE and gives very precise (1 cm) location accuracy. It can be used to lock or unlock at precise distances and determining if you are moving to or away from the car. With UWB and good software, many of the problems describe here to be eliminated. Because UWB uses at 500 MHz wide spectrum, it is much less likely to encounter interference from other radio devices than BTLE.

So many consumer devices are competing within the same bandwidth. If this happens a lot at home and your neighbors aren't too close consider changing the band your Wi-Fi is on. Most people set it on the default.

hydbob and Bill55, a question for you . . .

I read an instruction somewhere that WiFi should be turned off in the Air prior to receiving an OTA update. I thought it was in the Owner's Manual, but I can't find it there now. This made no sense to me, as our Tesla OTA updates use the WiFi connection to our home internet for faster loading, and I don't see why Lucid wouldn't.

I asked the guy who is coming to orient us to the car why this was so, and he had never heard of such a requirement.

Am I imagining this? How have you guys been receiving your OTA updates?

Through wifi. Customer Care and mobile service specifically said to NOT initiate it through the app right now and only inside the car. Otherwise the OTA update says you MUST stay connected to wifi for the update.

I got my first update through the cell in the car. I now have the car connected to wi-if at the house. Page 134 of manual. “Your vehicle can be connected to a Wi‐Fi network in order to send and receive data, which is often faster than cellular networks. Lucid recommends leaving Wi‐Fi enabled and connected to a network whenever possible, so as to receive software updates in a timely manner.”

I love the new feature to to turn off the automatic unlocking. My wish list would be to add unlocking when pushing the open trunk button.

I love the new feature to to turn off the automatic unlocking. My wish list would be to add unlocking when pushing the open trunk button.

Unfortunately, on the Air, the trunk button is not a "wake source"; The car has to be awake for the button to work.

Unfortunately, on the Air, the trunk button is not a "wake source"; The car has to be awake for the button to work.
Awaking the car in order to do anything is probably the most annoying part of locking and unlocking feature. Why do I need car to be fully "awake" when I just want to open the trunk or the frunk?

Awaking the car in order to do anything is probably the most annoying part of locking and unlocking feature. Why do I need car to be fully "awake" when I just want to open the trunk or the frunk?
Agree

If "Passive Unlock is OFF" and you have FOB in pocket that the car awakens so that the door handle once pressed, presents and you pull to open. Seems to me that presence of FOB is the awakening factor and the TRUNK should have capacity to open as well (it currently does not). I agree 100%, would love to see trunk as option to open this way.
I have mentioned to customer service and they said they would make note and pass along.

Back