Mobile Key locked on the in frunk!

Atxmarco

Hola amigos & amigas,
Once again today had just finished a match and this time made sure to have the phone in my bag, after my last transgression. Was chatting with a buddy while approaching my gorgeous car, the door handles extended, i opened the door, activated the frunk and inadvertantly tossed my bag with the phone inside into the frunk and closed it. Got back in the driver’s seat and all of a sudden the screen went blank and the alarm sounded. Obviously the car couldn’t sense my mobile key while locked in the frunk in my tennis bag.

So what was the solution? Luckily had left the rfid card in my center console, i had meant to put it in my bag after the last transgression, but somehow never found the 2 seconds to do it. Touched the card to the proper place and all was well. My reputation as being tech-saavy is intact though as nobody was in the lot after my buddy drove away.
🧠🧠🧠

Hola amigos & amigas,
Once again today had just finished a match and this time made sure to have the phone in my bag, after my last transgression. Was chatting with a buddy while approaching my gorgeous car, the door handles extended, i opened the door, activated the frunk and inadvertantly tossed my bag with the phone inside into the frunk and closed it. Got back in the driver’s seat and all of a sudden the screen went blank and the alarm sounded. Obviously the car couldn’t sense my mobile key while locked in the frunk in my tennis bag.

So what was the solution? Luckily had left the rfid card in my center console, i had meant to put it in my bag after the last transgression, but somehow never found the 2 seconds to do it. Touched the card to the proper place and all was well. My reputation as being tech-saavy is intact though as nobody was in the lot after my buddy drove away.
🧠🧠🧠
Where did you touch the card? Did the car ask for a PIN?

Hi bobby
Touched the card about midway up the driver’s side window frame. No pin required as i just opened the frunk and retrieved my phone before putting in gear, i guess.

Were you able to do some testing with locking the fob in the car? Or even mobile key? Seems like you can lock the keys in the frunk at the very least.

I once accidentally threw my coat into the frunk with the fob in my coat. This was with a loaner, so my phone was no good as a backup way to open the car. Came back to the car, realized the fob was in the frunk, tapped the door handles, and it opened up for me fine. But I was worried there for a second.

I guess this is a good reason not to attach my credit cards to my phone with one of those phone wallet things. I'll have my NFC card in my pocket if my phone winds up lost or in the trunk.

Although I've been lucky in not locking myself out, in addition to my cell key, the card key is in my wallet and I have a key fob (in a Faraday pouch) inside my car for valet service

Back