Minding the Gap

DKD-CvilleVA

Member

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
129
Location
Charlottesville, VA
Cars
Gravity GT; Tesla Y
What solutions have any of you come up with to fill the huge gap behind the 2nd row seats of the Gravity?
My wife is concerned that if she has groceries in the back, they will slide into that gap, ending up below the 2nd row seats.
Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions!
 
What solutions have any of you come up with to fill the huge gap behind the 2nd row seats of the Gravity?
My wife is concerned that if she has groceries in the back, they will slide into that gap, ending up below the 2nd row seats.
Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions!
I've read that some apparently like that gap for groceries and just put them there straight away. might try that.
 
For instances when I want the second row up, I might try a foam insert. I want to utilize the recessed area (the gap), but close off access to the space below the second row seats.

Cut to size and tuck.
FUTURE FOAM 3 in. Thick Multi-Purpose Foam 10030BULK3 - The Home Depot https://share.google/K2Ox59RZDVm297kYC
 
I've read that some apparently like that gap for groceries and just put them there straight away. might try that.
Interesting point! I'll see what my wife thinks about that. As long as they don't slide under the 2nd row seats, that might work. Thanks!
 
On out-of-town trips I bring an emergency spare tire and it slots vertically right into that gap. For in town, I still need something creative.
 
I have come up with an excellent use for the gap behind second row. For years, I have had issues with finding a way to secure propane tanks in my trunk (when taking them to get refilled) to keep them from sliding around and smacking into the sides of trunk. The gap works great for this.

IMG_0374.webp
 
I have seen a filler available from Lucid. It was shown to me by an employee on their site and was something that could be ordered but I didnt see it in the Lucid Store last time I looked. Coming soon?
 
My delivery specialist said they have a gap cover in beta with employees and such trying it out and providing feedback
Hopefully that means we'll see it in the Lucid Store soon

In the meantime I can confirm that @raleighone 's idea of putting two Dometic water jugs down in there on their side allows you to lay any sort of wood, cargo containers, Xped or memory foam mattress, etc.. back there across the gap without things caving it in.

 
Last edited:
It’s much more fun to see what you buy from Costco slides up in the watermelon holder.
 
I have come up with an excellent use for the gap behind second row. For years, I have had issues with finding a way to secure propane tanks in my trunk (when taking them to get refilled) to keep them from sliding around and smacking into the sides of trunk. The gap works great for this.

View attachment 37857
Do those feed the cold air power thrusters?
 
Do those feed the cold air power thrusters?
Someone is truly in a happy mood today! :)
Not blaming. Happy for you, but keep working on those jokes. :)
Click/tap below.

 
A solution to the GAP problem! Lucid is now offering a cover for the gap, when third row seats are stowed.

This is for the 7 seat version only.
Cost is $235 plus tax & shipping
 
5 seaters get no respect I tell ya


images.webp
 
Back
Top