Miles remaining on dash

We do...here

Some front page presence (like in those striped banners) and it would be all good!

Some front page presence (like in those striped banners) and it would be all good!
I don't think it's the forum's job to educate new buyers on the dangers of summer tires. That should fall on Lucid and/or the consumer themselves. No need to clutter up the top of the forum with a banner about tires IMO.

I don't think it's the forum's job to educate new buyers on the dangers of summer tires. That should fall on Lucid and/or the consumer themselves. No need to clutter up the top of the forum with a banner about tires IMO.
@Joe usually has them implemented very cleanly, but I do understand.

Inside EV tested a 2023 Taycan with the 19s (improved rear-disconnect software) at 305 miles at 70mph (they also claimed the conditions were poor and could've gone further)
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD: InsideEVs 70 MPH Range Test
Edmunds tested a 4S with 19s and got 323 miles at 70mph
Longest-Range Electric Cars | Edmunds

I have yet to see any range test of the touring getting more than 300 miles. Only one is MT which says 279. And they only put the GT at 330. Either way they are super close and you can argue they are probably both around 300 in the real world.

Point still being there is sooo much variation in the EPA test that even two cars with one an EPA rated of 200 and one at EPA range of 400 more or less get the same real-world range.
I’ve personally gotten 360 with my Touring. That’s with 19s. And not sticking strictly to 70. More like 75.

I’ve personally gotten 360 with my Touring. That’s with 19s. And not sticking strictly to 70. More like 75.
1704322730234.png

anecdotal feedback of course, but plenty of people out there getting ~270 mile effective range in their Tourings when road tripping. There are of course a number of factors, but yea i really want to know how you and the other 20 out of 300 owners in the real world range poll thread manage to get 90% of rated range lol.

My lifetime average miles per kw is currently 4.0 (approximately 6500 miles driven). 92 kw Touring battery times 4.0 equals 368 mile range. Obviously not going to drive from 100% charge to 0% but you get the idea. It’s all about the current miles per kilowatt being driven .

View attachment 17435

anecdotal feedback of course, but plenty of people out there getting ~270 mile effective range in their Tourings when road tripping. There are of course a number of factors, but yea i really want to know how you and the other 20 out of 300 owners in the real world range poll thread manage to get 90% of rated range lol.
The answer, as always, is slow acceleration, keep the speed at the speed limit (excluding those wild west places with speed limits of 80), and brake slowly to maximize regen. A moderate temperature that minimizes HVAC use and avoiding elevation increases also help.

I've road tripped multiple times and depending on my speed, I've averaged anywhere from 3.0 to 3.7 mi/kWh (GT on 20s and 21s), for the same route. Best efficiency was keeping HA at 72 and worst was driving 80 whenever I could.

I get 3.3 lifetime. And it rarely dips below. But I have managed to get 3.5 by using HA at 75 mph to and from the airport (about 25 mins without traffic). I'm still only at 600 miles total driven and it'll be a LONG time before I get to more.

Is there not a video of Peter and some celeb driving a pair of Lucids up the CA coast about 500 miles (on a full charge) and stopping to buy a watch ?
Both cars had miles remaining that added up to 500+ miles of range. (Peter had more...range is technique intensive).

Maybe it wasn't Peter... I can't find the video...maybe it was on a TV show. Maybe it's all a dream.

Is there not a video of Peter and some celeb driving a pair of Lucids up the CA coast about 500 miles (on a full charge) and stopping to buy a watch ?
Both cars had miles remaining that added up to 500+ miles of range. (Peter had more...range is technique intensive).

Maybe it wasn't Peter... I can't find the video...maybe it was on a TV show. Maybe it's all a dream.
Its Motortrend’s first dream edition drive!

I hightly doubt that. Unless you mean a Touring on the 21s.

But your point is correct. One standard testing method would at least clear this up when comparing one car to another. These things evolve. Maybe eventually they will settle on one standard?

I think the 5-cycle test is actually the original test. the 3-cycle was a compromise when automakers (who had little incentive to sell EVs) complained the 5-cycle was too expensive.

Big adjustments of 10-15% across the model S,Y,X for the other main user of the 5-cycle test

Wonder if Lucid will have to report lower numbers too. Good start! Glad the EPA is making changes to standardize on range testing

Big adjustments of 10-15% across the model S,Y,X for the other main user of the 5-cycle test

Wonder if Lucid will have to report lower numbers too. Good start! Glad the EPA is making changes to standardize on range testing
Posted thread on it! Lucid is already using the new process.

Posted thread on it! Lucid is already using the new process.
where? But that's interesting, I wonder if Teslas are that much worse at range estimation than Lucid? It doesn't really seem like that's the case...but maybe. I did just see outofspec did a 100-0% test on the Cybertruck and from a claimed 320 only managed 250. That's pretty bad (but along the lines of what I expected for poor drag co-efficient and small battery)

where? But that's interesting, I wonder if Teslas are that much worse at range estimation than Lucid? It doesn't really seem like that's the case...but maybe. I did just see outofspec did a 100-0% test on the Cybertruck and from a claimed 320 only managed 250. That's pretty bad (but along the lines of what I expected for poor drag co-efficient and small battery)
I believe all 2024 Lucids have the new EPA test. For example, the touring now has an 411 mile range instead of 425!

Well, summer tires like those on the 21s are optimized for warmer weathers. In lower temperatures, they develop small microcracks and are very vulnerable to damage which can cause a serious accident. In comparison, the 19s are all season and will perform fine in all weather.

What is the temperature in your area? Also mods, can we have a forum PSA on this?
Thanks for the info. They just replaced my whole battery with the recall on the motor connection. I'm gonna look for some 19 rims. We live in WV and travel north a lot

Back