Metal vs Glass roof

Yep, agree... two-tone looks good in gray or original DE gold, but less so with black and red. Red is my definite exterior color, so I just locked in and went with Air Touring Red w/ Santa Cruz, Metal Roof, platinum (non-stealth) and 19" aero's for range bump (and quiet/comfort).
Someone recently bought a white Lucid with white metal roof around the corner from my home. A white Lucid doesn't really stand out.

I like the two tone look with cosmos gray more so than with black or red. Combined with the two tone Santa Cruz interior it is very stylish.
Tahoe as well. The two tone gray/plat and glass roof was love at first sight. And my new winter wheels are light charcoal. No more monotone cars for me. We be stylin'

I did say that, but not the actual picture lol

It still is true..
Audi had a frog green allroad A6 avant with twin turbo in 2003. You could get it with bright green leather interior. It was universally known by Audi afficionados as THE FULL KERMIT.

Just goes to show all things for all people. I hate the two-tone look. It was 70% the reason we are getting a touring with metal roof vs a GT (20% rear footroom, 10% cost) and 100% why we are doing metal instead of the glass canopy on the Touring.

I have the Air Pure with the metal roof in Tucson and a) I don't feel any lack of headroom (I'm 5'10") and b) the AC works great and I feared the glass canopy would just be too hot and potentially damage the interior. I love this car and waited nearly 3 years for it because I didn't want the glass canopy. When the other models are available without the GC I may trade up.

I have the Air Pure with the metal roof in Tucson and a) I don't feel any lack of headroom (I'm 5'10") and b) the AC works great and I feared the glass canopy would just be too hot and potentially damage the interior. I love this car and waited nearly 3 years for it because I didn't want the glass canopy. When the other models are available without the GC I may trade up.
Agreed. I'm in Phoenix and I've had two cars in a row with glass roofs. I was tired of having heat radiating through the glass and I love the metal roof on my Air. Also, the unified color creates an extra sleek look.

In my very humble opinion, the glass roof is what defined the Air along with the efficient packaging. When I sat in the Air for the very first time, I was awestruck by how airy the Air felt.

Agreed. I'm in Phoenix and I've had two cars in a row with glass roofs. I was tired of having heat radiating through the glass and I love the metal roof on my Air. Also, the unified color creates an extra sleek look.
I live in Scottsdale and know about the heat. I didn't want the glass roof on the 2022 AGT however there was not a choice. I like the look from the outside but the heat was unbearable on the inside. I purchased the Lucid glass roof shades and what a difference. It was dramatic. Spend the $180 and get the shades, you wont be disappointed.

I and 6"3" have Pure AWD and have no issues whatsoever with headroom with metal roof... The door frame steep slope is more of a headroom issue upon entry on both glass and metal roof, but once you know how to dip your head upon entry it is not a concern.

I and 6"3" have Pure AWD and have no issues whatsoever with headroom with metal roof... The door frame steep slope is more of a headroom issue upon entry on both glass and metal roof, but once you know how to dip your head upon entry it is not a concern.
Yeah, I too have no headroom issues in my Pure AWD either, but my 5’7” stature might be a factor. ;)

I got the glass roof option for my touring because of the silver roof color contrast with the Zenith red body looks great. The heat from the glass roof is uncomfortable in summer. You need the Lucid roof sunshade. If I were to do it again I would not get the glass roof option. It would have been an easy decision for the metal roof if Lucid made the silver roof as an option .

I got the glass roof option for my touring because of the silver roof color contrast with the Zenith red body looks great. The heat from the glass roof is uncomfortable in summer. You need the Lucid roof sunshade. If I were to do it again I would not get the glass roof option. It would have been an easy decision for the metal roof if Lucid made the silver roof as an option .
I am the opposite, really did not want the two-tone but also never really liked (nor understood the need for) sunroofs much less an entire glass roof. Had to wait a long time for the metal roof option to come out :)

I bought the Touring (Zenith Red) with the glass canopy because that's all that was available at the time. I'd much prefer the metal roof. I spent a few hundred dollars having film applied to the glass canopy, but it does not solve the blazing heat and too much light in the summer. Go with the metal roof if you can.

Hopefully soon we will know weight difference between two roofs.
I'm guessing 175 pounds.
Head room differences as well as sun visor attachments also something to nerd out over.
I’m 6’2 and I have not noticed any difference in headroom between glass and metal roofs. I like the all glass roof, but also don’t miss it when I’m driving the metal roof. In general I think the metal roof is nice when the sun is overhead, and the glass is nice when it is not.
Headroom question has me interested in measuring when I get back to the shop.

Back