Meghan Trainor music video

No CA mentioned ;)

Yep, and almost no Lucid mentioned. It's another one of those atmospheric ads that tell you nothing about the car. In fact, you have to pay close attention to realize the clip even involves a car.

Have you seen the recent Zen Coughenour video interview? In discussing the Sanctuary mode, he drove home the point, yet again, that Lucid design is all about California landscapes, California hues, California vibes. (And in case the point is lost, the Gravity wheel caps have bears on them.)

Here is the Sanctuary screen he chose to display of the Santa Monica oceanfront:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.45.56 PM.png

You want a beautiful sunset to take your mind off things mundane and relax you? Try one of Florida's sunsets famously colored by the airborne sands of the Sahara:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.57.04 PM.png

And the same goes for the other Sanctuary mode images beyond that rather boring Santa Monica beach: Lake Tahoe, the Muir Woods, Joshua Tree.

It's as if the rest of the United States does not have some of the most spectacular and varied scenery in the world in which to lose yourself: the Grand Tetons, the Great Smoky Mountains and the Blue Ridge, the Maine coast, the buttes and mesas of Monument Valley, Vermont fall foliage . . . .

Really, Lucid, enough with California. It's actually getting tiresome.

P. S. Sorry if I'm getting punchy here. It's late, and I thought I had managed to put that California stuff out of mind from that otherwise interesting Coughenour interview.

Last edited:
Back