Massive insurance premium increase

I think that the cost of insurance is going to really hurt Lucid's sales efforts... Lucid has been working hard to put together sales programs and promos, but when folks get these huge $$ insurance quotes it can blow things up. I believe that Tesla has some type of insurance tie-in option, and Lucid needs to seek something similar.. I mentioned this to a Lucid rep at an event, and he said they are aware of this issue and are looking at downstream options 🤞

Reactions: DBV
I think that the cost of insurance is going to really hurt Lucid's sales efforts... Lucid has been working hard to put together sales programs and promos, but when folks get these huge $$ insurance quotes it can blow things up. I believe that Tesla has some type of insurance tie-in option, and Lucid needs to seek something similar, I mentioned this to a Lucid rep at an event, and he said they are aware of this issue and are looking at downstream options 🤞
I doubt it because the insurance will go up for all the cars EV or non EV because all of them have a lot of expensive electronics and fancy front lights and back lights and also the inflation.

I doubt it because the insurance will go up for all the cars EV or non EV because all of them have a lot of expensive electronics and fancy front lights and back lights and also the inflation.
It is going up in a major way for all cars, especially in California, Florida and some other locations, but the huge prices for Lucid collision repairs will hit the insurance actuarial stats and underwriters will hit them harder $$ than other more common vehicles.. The mainstream cars have broader parts availability and can use almost any body shop... Not the same with Lucid parts and certified shops.

My USAA premium went up about 35% for my Touring. I had USAA for 35+ years. So I switched to Amica where my premium is 10% less than what my USAA premium had been prior to USAA's latest increase.
My insurance went up 65% with Safeco. It's painful. My husband destroyed a Lucid, so I did expect a big increase. But I was thinking more in the range of 40%. And if you're going to shop around for insurance, it's better to do it with a clean record. I can't find anything better for now. I'll have to join @Snafu, and start eating ramen a few times a week.

Polar 🐼 already eating rice noodles too ! Perhaps we can set up a Lucid Noodle Club !

Attachments

• 1703614203175.png
    1703614203175.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
My insurance went up 65% with Safeco. It's painful. My husband destroyed a Lucid, so I did expect a big increase. But I was thinking more in the range of 40%. And if you're going to shop around for insurance, it's better to do it with a clean record. I can't find anything better for now. I'll have to join @Snafu, and start eating ramen a few times a week.
Polar 🐼 already eating won ton noodles and egg noodles for a loooooong time ! Is there a LUCID AIR Noodle Club ?
Shoot, Polar 🐼 also collecting plastic bottles and aluminum cans to pay for insurance too !

Did you have an accident claim? Moving violations?
No accidents and no tickets for 65 years. As a retired Naval officer, I have everything via USAA....home, rental homes, umbrella, autos, investments, golf carts, etc. I do get a yearly Subscriber benefit plus a yearly dividend return so some of the pain gets alleviated. I am afraid that to maintain their service model, USAA has to continue to keep reserve funds up. Not a problem, just my local bitch for the end of 2023. Lucid still makes me feel happy and life is good, so I am enjoying it. Now, waiting for all that Lucid stock to really pop with the coming year.

I have Erie Insurance, $989.00 a year, coverage is 500K, 500K, 500K with a $500.00 deductible that includes full window glass,.

What??? I haven't heard of that company. I'll definitely call them tomorrow. My new rate is $8500 for the year, $5000 of that is the Lucid. Any reduction of that amount would be a nice Christmas present!

What??? I haven't heard of that company. I'll definitely call them tomorrow. My new rate is $8500 for the year, $5000 of that is the Lucid. Any reduction of that amount would be a nice Christmas present!
Erie doesn't operate in California (or Washington State)--too bad because I have a good friend who owns an Erie agency.

They have been a pleasure to work with, I just had a $2,800.00 windshield repair that they promptly reimbursed me for.

No accidents and no tickets for 65 years. As a retired Naval officer, I have everything via USAA....home, rental homes, umbrella, autos, investments, golf carts, etc. I do get a yearly Subscriber benefit plus a yearly dividend return so some of the pain gets alleviated. I am afraid that to maintain their service model, USAA has to continue to keep reserve funds up. Not a problem, just my local bitch for the end of 2023. Lucid still makes me feel happy and life is good, so I am enjoying it. Now, waiting for all that Lucid stock to really pop with the coming year.
My hat is off to you.

In my lifetime of driving for 59 years, I can't even keep track of the number of tickets I have received.

In the last 15 years, I try to keep it at only 1 ticket every 3 years, so as not to knock my insurance rates up.(tickets go away on your record after 3 years.)

My USAA rates have also just gone up dramatically. Looks like I will have to shop around.

My USAA rates have also just gone up dramatically. Looks like I will have to shop around.
After no accidents and no tickets for 65 years, they should be paying you a big rebate, not the other way around.

My quote was $3100. I live in San Francisco and they valued the car at ~$140k. That’s with the highest limits .

I increased my dedictible to $2000. With every claim you make, they jack up the prices. So figured I would pay less in insurance and pay out of pocket for minor damage.

I increased my dedictible to $2000. With every claim you make, they jack up the prices. So figured I would pay less in insurance and pay out of pocket for minor damage.
I think with a car like the Lucid, high deductibles make sense. There won’t be too many repairs where you don’t get into 5 figure #s. I take higher deductibles on both my Lucid & i4.

Back