Magic Box 2.0

unHookt

Verified Owner
For those with Magic Box 2.0 that got the screen to fit properly, can you share what you've done? This is what I'm seeing.

Attachments

• PXL_20240612_014339390.jpg
    PXL_20240612_014339390.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 116
For those with Magic Box 2.0 that got the screen to fit properly, can you share what you've done? This is what I'm seeing.
Did you try a factory reset? It should auto adjust

Factory reset the Magic Box or the car (logo reset)?

If the Magic Box, how is this performed? There are no buttons on the device and no options for this in settings.

Just pull the plug? Done that several times and just boots back into the same aspect ratio.

Thanks!

Factory reset the Magic Box or the car (logo reset)?

If the Magic Box, how is this performed? There are no buttons on the device and no options for this in settings.

Just pull the plug? Done that several times and just boots back into the same aspect ratio.

Thanks!
The box, I'll check later. DO NOT factory reset your car.

I had to reset the first Carlinkit I got, had to look up how on YouTube. But that didn't fix the problem.

Does it only work on the small screen? Or can you use it on the pilot panel as well?

Does it only work on the small screen? Or can you use it on the pilot panel as well?
Any AA device works on the upper screen only. Same with Apple CarPlay. It's been said in other threads that it is a legal requirement.

I called the vendor and they are sending over instructions for manual device update via USB using a Windows PC. The button for updating the device in the Magic Box UI is unfortunately in a location where it's hidden by the aspect ratio issue. When I receive the instructions, I'll post them here (if it works).

Step 1. Download the software patch on your Windows computer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-nBwAxWkD_Zt5qvUWwAbcX6E34bdUyje/view?usp=sharing

Step 2. Unzip the downloaded patch to find two files. You will only need the Zeus file and not the upgrade_auto.

Step 3. Plug your Magic Box 2.0 into your Windows computer and locate an internal storage file called "Ota"

Step 4. Drag the downloaded Zeus.zip file directly into the "Ota" folder. Wait until the transfer is done.

Step 5. Re-plug the Magic Box 2.0 into your computer again to begin the patch installation. Once the patching begins, the LED will blink blue quickly.

Step 6. Leave the device plugged in for 15-20min then unplug the Magic Box 2.0 from your computer. The patch is now installed.

Step 7. Finally, plug in the Magic Box 2.0. to your vehicle.

Has anyone tried DigiDash? It may even drag down to the lower screen and it is compatible with many cars.

FYI note that after the fix the screen will not be completely filled and that you will still see a slightly stretched UI in Android Auto when using the Magic Box 2.0. As others have mentioned, the bottom screen will not be available to the Magic Box 2.0, but will continue to provide access to other function management features usually down there.

Back