Lucid wrecked in Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could tell the CHP officer interviewed was frustrated with the idea of having to deal with more crashes like this. With quick EVs driven by inexperienced drivers. I do like that he pointed out that they the officers will have to continue to go through advanced training and get access to specialized equipment.

It was weird seeing a pile of batteries swept to the side of the road…
Interesting statement in the article of “ burning batteries scattered across the roadway“. I suppose thermal runaway halts pretty quick when cells are no longer next to one another. I call that a design feature.

Using the OP's video link, at 0.24 seconds the reporter mentions it was a Lucid.

20 somethings in that area prob own their own company and bought that Lucid with cash… maybe
In Petaluma? Not a chance! Now if it was San Francisco? Perhaps. I have a 16-year-old. He does not drive yet -- no reason, he can take the bus. He is highly responsible. Nevertheless, when he learns, there is no chance he ever drives the Lucid of my M4 .... sorry kid :)

Great news article but this discussion can only lead to one place. The lock zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back