Lucid Unveils Sales & Service Model, With First Location To Open in 2020

Joe

Staff Member
Admin
Lucid Motors will open its first sales studio at its headquarters in Newark, California as part of its overarching direct-to-consumer sales plan. Lucid has plans for 9 studios initially, with many locations already under construction.

lucid-motors-air-studio-service-LUCID-OFFICIAL-4-scaled.jpg

The new showrooms will give Lucid direct access to consumers to truly convey the essence of the technology, innovation, and luxury the brand seeks to embody. The first 9 studios are slated to open in 2020, where customers will be able to get what is perhaps their first exposure to the Lucid brand in real life.

To help convey the full Lucid experience, the company will utilize a blend of real vehicles and interior components with a healthy dose of virtual reality via the Lucid Virtual Reality Experience. The studios will embrace Lucid’s California roots with iconic photos from across the state sprinkled throughout.

“We thoughtfully developed Lucid’s retail strategy to provide customers with very specific experiences when they enter our studios and engage with our representatives,” said Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO at Lucid Motors. “From the materials they view and touch, the experience of the VR configurator, the design of the studios in the context of the vehicles, and along with the physical locations of the studios themselves, everything comes together for our customers to absorb and appreciate the values infused into the Lucid brand.”

lucid-motors-air-studio-service-LUCID-OFFICIAL-2-scaled.jpeg

The new studios will also serve as the home of Lucid’s first service centers. The company expects to leverage the integrated vehicle data system for over-the-air updates and remote diagnostics, and the physical locations will fill in the gaps for all other services required for Lucid’s vehicles.

Taking another page from Tesla’s veritable Go To Market Playbook For 21st Century Electric Vehicle Manufacturers, Lucid will also be mobilizing a fleet of mobile service vans stocked with all the goodies needed to fix its vehicles. These service centers on wheels will be staffed by certified partners to provide roadside assistance and collision repair services to customers.

lucid-motors-air-studio-service-LUCID-OFFICIAL-3-scaled.jpeg

Lucid is on a tear, with a host of significant milestones approaching in 2020. Just around the corner in April, the company will reveal the production version of its first vehicle, the Lucid Air in New York. The first studio at its headquarters is already open, with the next 8 centers opening later in the year in New York City, Miami, Rosemary Square in West Palm Beach, Florida, and across California in Beverly Hills, Santa Clara, Los Angeles, and Orange County.

Lucid plans to open additional studios in 2021 in key markets across the United States and into Europe for the first time in areas with high levels of EV adoption. They are using, and will continue to use, the reservation queue to determine the location of future studios.

Source: https://cleantechnica.com/2020/03/0...ce-model-with-first-location-to-open-in-2020/

Obviously Lucid has no interest in Phoenix or even a factory store though I believe they would have a good market. I canceled my reservation. Wishing Lucid good success as I'm moving on.

In some ways, you might be luckier than most Lucid fans. If you’re in Phoenix, you’re less than an hour away from the Lucid factory in Casa Grande. I suspect that a phone call or email to Lucid Sales would set you up with a visit to allow you to see completed cars and perhaps even see them being built before you had to lock in an order.

Lucid is opening its initial sales stores (aka “design studios”, which won’t have actual cars on display) based on the locations from where the most deposits have been placed. That’s a rational way to approach it and about the most that can be expected from a start-up with reasonably low initial production volume.

When I bought my Tesla in 2015 I had to drive all the way across the state to test drive one and drive there again to take delivery. Even today – five years later – although a local showroom has opened, I still have to go across state or have the car trucked there for service that cannot be provided by Tesla’s mobile service network. Fortunately, that has only happened twice and, in five years of ownership, I have still spent less total time getting my Tesla serviced than I have spent on any ICE car that had local dealerships and service shops. (My ICE’s have had more recalls and more mechanical issues, plus the additional annoyance of oil changes, none of which could be done in my driveway as several Tesla repairs were done.)

Lucid is taking a chapter from the Tesla playbook of using mobile repair units. Tesla stocks storage units near the mobile depots with the parts most needed for mobile repairs, so the mobile units usually arrive quickly with the necessary parts already in hand based on the remote diagnostics that have usually identified the problem ahead of time.

Delighted to see that Florida's East coast is getting two of the initial Studios. I have been concerned about service on the West coast of Florida, where I reside, while Lucid is initially ramping up. Hopefully, the Studios will also serve as the bases for their service centers and mobile service fleets?

I'm in Naples. Lucid Sales told me that at least one of the Florida east coast locations will also have a service center, but they weren't sure whether it would be in Miami or West Palm Beach or both.

Although Tesla only has service centers in Tampa and Dania Beach, they have a mobile service fleet based in Ft. Myers where storage units are kept stocked with frequently-needed repair parts. Until the Model 3 came out and overwhelmed their service infrastructure, a mobile service truck was usually dispatched the same or the next day for a service call. Maybe Lucid will follow that example?

I'm in Naples. Lucid Sales told me that at least one of the Florida east coast locations will also have a service center, but they weren't sure whether it would be in Miami or West Palm Beach or both.

Although Tesla only has service centers in Tampa and Dania Beach, they have a mobile service fleet based in Ft. Myers where storage units are kept stocked with frequently-needed repair parts. Until the Model 3 came out and overwhelmed their service infrastructure, a mobile service truck was usually dispatched the same or the next day for a service call. Maybe Lucid will follow that example?
Small world. I'm in Bay Colony. Where are you?

I live out in the country on the edge of the CREW Swamp Bird Rookery. Nature freak.

Will the Lucid be your first EV?

Back