Lucid support in decline?

I get that - loaners should be of equal or better caliber, not arguing that. Plus it gives the company a chance to impress you enough to want to upgrade. Years ago the the BMW dealership always gave me a loaner one class above whatever I was driving, just to make me see what I was missing. I thought that was smart and it caused me to spend more money with the company. But - you didn’t say it, Steve did - Rogue is the equivalent of a Yugo? I know he’s joking but come on.
THIS☝️IS SERVICE AND BRAND EQUITY
 
It's irrational to expect boutique like service as they expand and sell more cars. Expect service to fall in line with other manufacturers as Lucid establishes.
I do indeed wish they would fall in line with other manufacturers. Tysons Corner service was great last year. But I’ve been trying to contact them to schedule my annual service. Four calls with messages left over the past 10 days with only crickets in return. I’m going to escalate this.
 
I do indeed wish they would fall in line with other manufacturers. Tysons Corner service was great last year. But I’ve been trying to contact them to schedule my annual service. Four calls with messages left over the past 10 days with only crickets in return. I’m going to escalate this.
I've had such an opposite experience. One email to my closest service center and I got a reply the next day to schedule mobile.

Then as luck would have it, I noticed the warped glass, then my door handles started acting up, so I sent videos do the SC of my issues. The service manager called me the next day and is scheduling a pickup and shipment to their location. Once its there though its going to sit while because they are down a couple techs.

Its frustrating, but I bet its not as frustrating for me as it is for their Service Manager. Hiring people totally sucks too.

Somehow Lucid is the best worst car and service I've ever had 😍
 
I do indeed wish they would fall in line with other manufacturers. Tysons Corner service was great last year. But I’ve been trying to contact them to schedule my annual service. Four calls with messages left over the past 10 days with only crickets in return. I’m going to escalate this.
Indeed! See my post history for my issues with scheduling annual maintenance with Tysons Corner service center. Finally able to do it in April (it was originally supposed to be now), and even that I am not sure it will ever happen. I think Lucid capacity to maintain their "huge" fleet is diminishing rapidly. I am afraid it will only get worse, unless they do something about it. Good luck.
 
Indeed! See my post history for my issues with scheduling annual maintenance with Tysons Corner service center. Finally able to do it in April (it was originally supposed to be now), and even that I am not sure it will ever happen. I think Lucid capacity to maintain their "huge" fleet is diminishing rapidly. I am afraid it will only get worse, unless they do something about it. Good luck.
Would you believe they actually called me back just as socktucker was typing his reply?? I think what did the trick was my stating it was my fourth call attempt. Anyway, what amazed me is that they’re backed up and couldn’t schedule me until April — but they can send the mobile van in a coupla weeks if I was ok with that? Ok with that??? Duh. Come on over! I’ll have donuts and espresso waiting for the mobile tech. Waiting for a call to coord the date.

I don’t understand why they didn’t offer you the van. Maybe because I’m in Annapolis and it’s a long schlep for me. Are you closer to Tysons?
 
I don’t understand why they didn’t offer you the van. Maybe because I’m in Annapolis and it’s a long schlep for me. Are you closer to Tysons?
I did not know that was an option. And they did not offer. Yes, I am literally 7 miles from Tysons SC
 
I did not know that was an option. And they did not offer. Yes, I am literally 7 miles from Tysons SC
He did say something to the effect that because I have 19s they could send the mobile tech. I’m guessing my 19s rotate different than the larger tires. I think they swap left-right rather than the usual front-back. Our 2021 Genesis G80 rotates left-right, which surprised me.
 
The same happened early Tesla. It went from white glove service to Lord of the Flies once the Model 3 was released.
Was that ultimately fixed as they built out the dealership/service centers? And if so, how long did that take? I've heard about significant expansion plans this year from seemingly in-the-know service and sales reps, but I take it all with a grain of salt.
 
He did say something to the effect that because I have 19s they could send the mobile tech. I’m guessing my 19s rotate different than the larger tires. I think they swap left-right rather than the usual front-back. Our 2021 Genesis G80 rotates left-right, which surprised me.
I believe 20s are staggered widths
 
My three plus years of experience with service have been exceptional, but given the Tysons SC comments my experience with it has been unacceptably poor. My app connects me to Tysons SC, which is three hours away. I managed to speak with one of their people who was a snarky fellow who treated me disrespectfully when I asked how to arrange mobile service. I do not want to be in a debate with anyone, much less a company representative who is obligated to provide service but acts like he is doing me a favor to speak with me. Fortunately for me, I use the temporary SC near Richmond (45 minutes away) which has performed onsite and mobile service very well. I text my tech and he responds immediately to any question or requests and performs service in a timely and expert fashion both on site for the 25k mile check when they do alignment and mobile for everything else.
 
Over the last year I've found the service team at Denver to be stellar. They are responsive and communicate very well but they can make no decisions when corporate denies warranty. However, corporate response to problems is non-existent. Customer service agents on the phone are express concern and sympathy. They promise to "escalate", then I hear nothing. This has been the routine not once, not twice, but about six times.
 
Last edited:
Over the last year I've found the service team at Denver to be stellar. They are responsive and communicate very well but they can make no decisions when corporate denies warranty. However, corporate response to problems is non-existent. Customer service agents on the phone are express concern and sympathy. They promise to "escalate", then I hear nothing.
My experience with the Denver temporary SC for a year that I was there was exceptional. They report to the Seattle team but they were respsonsive as well.
 
I've been ghosted by the Millbrae service center for months. I called lucid customer care last month after not hearing back from them about the damage they did to my car when replacing the windshield. I was told by them (literal conversation), "you need to speak to the service center, as we do not have any connections with how each service center operates". ..i said, "really.. so what customer care do you provide?"... "we support the ownership process, and not service".

Love driving the car, but HOLY SHIT is the support and software for this car terrible with no end in sight. I've honestly had better support from a $4 Temu purchase that got damaged in shipping.

-my drivers side door trim was shredded from the windshield replacement.
-they didn't even clean the inside of the windshield where there are STILL visible finger and hand prints in the area where the camera is that can only be cleaned off if the windshield is removed
-they chipped the windshield installing it and attempted to cover it up with silicone gel that revealed clamp marks that chipped the glass *ON THE INSIDE
-When I picked up the car weeks after I took it in for the new windshield, they claimed a massive scuff on my front bumper was there when I dropped the car off. *this was proven wrong from my garage camera when I left for the service center the day I took the car in. I was charged $500 to replace a sensor in the bumper they claim was caused by the damage to the bumper. I was furious as I left the SC.... how did the bumper get damaged!? I got home and looked at the damage again... checked my garage camera... nothing made sense. It had to have happened at the SC. Called them... no reply. texted the SC representative I worked with who said my car was parked in a lot by the highway, and he was the only person that drove it and did not recall hitting anything. Then it dawned on me... front bumper is clear wrapped.. so how is it that i'm seeing black scuff marks and no PPF peeling?? After 1min with a cloth and detail spray.. the scuff went away. There was no damage. There was NO reason to charge me $500 for the sensor repair.

I called three weeks ago to follow up, and I have still not heard back.
 
I've been ghosted by the Millbrae service center for months. I called lucid customer care last month after not hearing back from them about the damage they did to my car when replacing the windshield. I was told by them (literal conversation), "you need to speak to the service center, as we do not have any connections with how each service center operates". ..i said, "really.. so what customer care do you provide?"... "we support the ownership process, and not service".

Love driving the car, but HOLY SHIT is the support and software for this car terrible with no end in sight. I've honestly had better support from a $4 Temu purchase that got damaged in shipping.

-my drivers side door trim was shredded from the windshield replacement.
-they didn't even clean the inside of the windshield where there are STILL visible finger and hand prints in the area where the camera is that can only be cleaned off if the windshield is removed
-they chipped the windshield installing it and attempted to cover it up with silicone gel that revealed clamp marks that chipped the glass *ON THE INSIDE
-When I picked up the car weeks after I took it in for the new windshield, they claimed a massive scuff on my front bumper was there when I dropped the car off. *this was proven wrong from my garage camera when I left for the service center the day I took the car in. I was charged $500 to replace a sensor in the bumper they claim was caused by the damage to the bumper. I was furious as I left the SC.... how did the bumper get damaged!? I got home and looked at the damage again... checked my garage camera... nothing made sense. It had to have happened at the SC. Called them... no reply. texted the SC representative I worked with who said my car was parked in a lot by the highway, and he was the only person that drove it and did not recall hitting anything. Then it dawned on me... front bumper is clear wrapped.. so how is it that i'm seeing black scuff marks and no PPF peeling?? After 1min with a cloth and detail spray.. the scuff went away. There was no damage. There was NO reason to charge me $500 for the sensor repair.

I called three weeks ago to follow up, and I have still not heard back.
Damn dude.

I think they got a bunch of new techs. My car is going in for its third roof, the first one was fine but they cracked it trying to replace the bow on top.
 
I've been ghosted by the Millbrae service center for months. I called lucid customer care last month after not hearing back from them about the damage they did to my car when replacing the windshield. I was told by them (literal conversation), "you need to speak to the service center, as we do not have any connections with how each service center operates". ..i said, "really.. so what customer care do you provide?"... "we support the ownership process, and not service".

Love driving the car, but HOLY SHIT is the support and software for this car terrible with no end in sight. I've honestly had better support from a $4 Temu purchase that got damaged in shipping.

-my drivers side door trim was shredded from the windshield replacement.
-they didn't even clean the inside of the windshield where there are STILL visible finger and hand prints in the area where the camera is that can only be cleaned off if the windshield is removed
-they chipped the windshield installing it and attempted to cover it up with silicone gel that revealed clamp marks that chipped the glass *ON THE INSIDE
-When I picked up the car weeks after I took it in for the new windshield, they claimed a massive scuff on my front bumper was there when I dropped the car off. *this was proven wrong from my garage camera when I left for the service center the day I took the car in. I was charged $500 to replace a sensor in the bumper they claim was caused by the damage to the bumper. I was furious as I left the SC.... how did the bumper get damaged!? I got home and looked at the damage again... checked my garage camera... nothing made sense. It had to have happened at the SC. Called them... no reply. texted the SC representative I worked with who said my car was parked in a lot by the highway, and he was the only person that drove it and did not recall hitting anything. Then it dawned on me... front bumper is clear wrapped.. so how is it that i'm seeing black scuff marks and no PPF peeling?? After 1min with a cloth and detail spray.. the scuff went away. There was no damage. There was NO reason to charge me $500 for the sensor repair.

I called three weeks ago to follow up, and I have still not heard back.
this right here sums it up for me too. Software hasn't been as bad for me as others...just not reliable (and for some reason, tidal won't play dolby atmos anymore...will still play the songs, just not in atmos..a new fun glitch)...and the service (across 3 service centres now and somewhat with HQ) has been atrocious...for probably the second best overall car i've ever had (which is way too many to mention)
 
After four years of excellent service from Lucid Service Centers and mobile techs, the story seems to be shifting.

Our first Gravity (DE #067) has been fraught with problems. The front drive unit, the steering wheel, and the HUD have all been replaced. But a series of problems that are rare or unique to this car based on forum posts persists.

The navigation system sometimes shows the car in woods or in lakes hundreds of yards off the road. The satellite map sometimes starts spinning rapidly back and forth. The GPS geofencing doesn't work for Homelink, although it does in our Air and in our other Gravity. The right 12-18" of the dashboard LED Vive lighting has a mind of its own, either coming on at night when the car is in Drive and it should be blacked out, and/or it stays bright white while the color is changed on the rest of the LED light strips or the intensity is dialed down. Two different Service Centers have had problems downloading software to the car. Sometimes windows move in the opposite direction from the switch.

Also, after a recent tire change the suspension is not level, with the left side being lower. I included this on the list of issues I sent the Service Center, and they said they were going to adjust the sensor settings which can get off when the car is jacked up, even in "jack mode". There is no mention on the work report of that having been addressed. (The car is still at the Service Center, as I have not signed off on the work order yet).

I also asked them to address the issue that when any two of our three Lucids (an Air and two Gravities) are on the road simultaneously, neither will play a music source without pausing every few seconds. This happens when the two cars on streaming from different sources or even when one car is playing music from a USB stick in the front console. They said they could not duplicate this condition. Well, duh. We were on a cruise all week, and no one was driving our other two Lucids which were sitting at home in our garage.

I got the report from the Miami Service Center where the car has been for the past week. They said they could not duplicate any of the problems and therefore could not fix anything. In item after item, they wrote "working as designed". I told them beforehand that these problems (except for Homelink geofencing) are intermittent, even though some episodes have lasted as long as three days and persisted through multiple reboots and sleep cycles. I told them that I suspect there may be an issue in the computer hardware or a chip that may be causing these unusual problems. There was no indication in the work report that they checked any of that out.

In short, they are getting ready to send the car back to us without a damn thing being resolved. This car has already spent weeks in Service Centers, and I no longer believe Lucid is even serious about getting to the bottom of these issues. I'm trying to sort out what to do next. I'm considering lemon lawing the car, but then I would lose the almost $20K I've put into PPF and a radar/laser installation in the car.
 
After four years of excellent service from Lucid Service Centers and mobile techs, the story seems to be shifting.

Our first Gravity (DE #067) has been fraught with problems. The front drive unit, the steering wheel, and the HUD have all been replaced. But a series of problems that are rare or unique to this car based on forum posts persists.

The navigation system sometimes shows the car in woods or in lakes hundreds of yards off the road. The satellite map sometimes starts spinning rapidly back and forth. The GPS geofencing doesn't work for Homelink, although it does in our Air and in our other Gravity. The right 12-18" of the dashboard LED Vive lighting has a mind of its own, either coming on at night when the car is in Drive and it should be blacked out, and/or it stays bright white while the color is changed on the rest of the LED light strips or the intensity is dialed down. Two different Service Centers have had problems downloading software to the car. Sometimes windows move in the opposite direction from the switch.

Also, after a recent tire change the suspension is not level, with the left side being lower. I included this on the list of issues I sent the Service Center, and they said they were going to adjust the sensor settings which can get off when the car is jacked up, even in "jack mode". There is no mention on the work report of that having been addressed. (The car is still at the Service Center, as I have not signed off on the work order yet).

I also asked them to address the issue that when any two of our three Lucids (an Air and two Gravities) are on the road simultaneously, neither will play a music source without pausing every few seconds. This happens when the two cars on streaming from different sources or even when one car is playing music from a USB stick in the front console. They said they could not duplicate this condition. Well, duh. We were on a cruise all week, and no one was driving our other two Lucids which were sitting at home in our garage.

I got the report from the Miami Service Center where the car has been for the past week. They said they could not duplicate any of the problems and therefore could not fix anything. In item after item, they wrote "working as designed". I told them beforehand that these problems (except for Homelink geofencing) are intermittent, even though some episodes have lasted as long as three days and persisted through multiple reboots and sleep cycles. I told them that I suspect there may be an issue in the computer hardware or a chip that may be causing these unusual problems. There was no indication in the work report that they checked any of that out.

In short, they are getting ready to send the car back to us without a damn thing being resolved. This car has already spent weeks in Service Centers, and I no longer believe Lucid is even serious about getting to the bottom of these issues. I'm trying to sort out what to do next. I'm considering lemon lawing the car, but then I would lose the almost $20K I've put into PPF and a radar/laser installation in the car.
I wonder if they accidentally fired everybody that knows how to fix the cars. And just some shoddy work too. Example, my rear driver side molding just fell off. It’s TAPED ON. No company should ever rely on tape to keep a weather strip down. Cheapos.
 
Back
Top