Lucid set up test drive at a Tesla Supercharger Station

chucky0731

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
DE Number
Hi all…just saw this article online:

Apparently this happened yesterday at the West Hollywood Supercharger station on Sunset Blvd….I live like a mile away, should have swing by with my GT….LOL

Just curious what everyone thinks about the stunt. Apparently, it angered a lot of Tesla owners.

It angered a lot of Tesla owners and set off a lot of bad press about being desperate. It was a bad move on Lucid’s part. At least the execution was poor.. the idea was reasonable.

It angered a lot of Tesla owners and set off a lot of bad press about being desperate. It was a bad move on Lucid’s part. At least the execution was poor.. the idea was reasonable.
I don't know if it was a bad move per se, they're advertising to other EV owners and what better place to do it than a charging station?
Whether it be Tesla chargers or other CCS chargers, the goal is the same.

Others can paint a dirty picture, but in the end if someone wants to check it out and say "not for me, I'll stay with Tesla". If anything, it gives a good opportunity for people to assess the differences and actually check it out.

I don't see it as malicious, it could be a taunting gesture.

I could go both ways on this discussion.

Tesla cult just hate anything Lucid does. As long as they dont take up a charging space, who cares? This is typical behavious of Tesla cult. They feel threatened and their protective instincts come up. God forbid you say anything negative about Tesla or Elon musk- all hell would break loose. The CULT should lighten up and don't get angered about everything!

Lucid did nothing wrong and its the best place to show other EV owners what a great EV the Lucid is.

This behaviour of the Tesla Cult is one of the reasons I sold my Model S and bought a Lucid Air! Can't stand their arrogance towards other EV manufacturers.

Any press is good press? All the Tesla haters will love it. Any true ev enthusiast won't care and will likely find it funny.

I think this will work out just fine.

Let's no forget the Tesla network is opening to everyone, soon it won't be just Teslas charging there and they are all going to have to get use to seeing other cars anyways.

Weeelllll. It does seem a bit on the desperate side. I’ll admit that. But I couldn’t care less what the Tesla owners who were charging think or say.

I have a little experience in this arena … I believe the idea wasn’t necessarily ill-conceived. But it was, IMHO, poorly timed and clumsily executed.

C’mon, Lucid, you have the best product out there. There are better ways to sell it.

I have a little experience in this arena … I believe the idea wasn’t necessarily ill-conceived. But it was, IMHO, poorly timed and clumsily executed.

C’mon, Lucid, you have the best product out there. There are better ways to sell it.
Nurburgring time!

You know, isnt this similar to that lyriq in china?
Yep, and Tesla cult hated it! They should be more appreciative and acknowledging of other auto makers, but they are very minded and think Elon Musk is God. They hate anything non-Tesla. Other EV makers should do this just to mess with the Cult. If they get upset about this………I mean, get a life!

Hi all…just saw this article online:

Apparently this happened yesterday at the West Hollywood Supercharger station on Sunset Blvd….I live like a mile away, should have swing by with my GT….LOL

Just curious what everyone thinks about the stunt. Apparently, it angered a lot of Tesla owners.
Why did Lucid park right next to an “out of order” sign?

When Tesla was unknown, people even thought it was a music band!

Tesla then recruited ordinary people and created a cult.

The advantage of being a cult leader is that the leader doesn't have to do the advertisement because the cult members are so zealous to do that for them.

It had informational sessions with local groups and parties with food. But: The nuclear option was referral awards. Youtube exploded with ordinary people advertising! The press covered who got the most referrals...

The advertisement even invaded the forbidden land that outlawed Tesla (Service, Sales Price info, Advertisement..): Michigan! Owners set up free test drives even when it was illegal for Tesla to do so over there!

Most people now don't even know that Tesla is a music band anymore, so the referrals have been so successful that it was discontinued.

Yep, and Tesla cult hated it! They should be more appreciative and acknowledging of other auto makers, but they are very minded and think Elon Musk is God. They hate anything non-Tesla. Other EV makers should do this just to mess with the Cult. If they get upset about this………I mean, get a life!
Why is the cult so insecure?! 🧐

I’m all for it. It’s 2nd Amendment as long as it doesn’t break any law. Heck! I‘ve seen Tesla cars parked in EA stations not charging just to annoying non-Tesla owners on limited stalls.

If Lucid is an established major market operator, I would say this is extremely bad taste. Lucid being a young start-up have to hustle hard and find all means to get its brand out, Elon in his early days get on all the controversial shows to put electrification in petro’s face. Tesla had several near death Chapter 11 experience, and I respect that effort. If not for Elon’s thick face effort, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

I would say do it in the most congested Supercharger stations where people have to wait in line for a supercharger, so owner would appreciate quality of higher range not to wait for charge. Besides, they have free time while waiting to step out of their car to learn new products. At Earth Day, environmentalists are thick skin to educate in front of plastic abuser companies.

Business is war, valiant effort is highly respected!

...Tesla cars parked in EA stations not charging just to annoying non-Tesla owners on limited stalls...
Notice the difference: ordinary drivers and NOT Tesla employees did the EA blockade action.

The test drive offer was made by Lucid employees and NOT by ordinary drivers.

...Business is war, valiant effort is highly respected!

Going to war with the competing company, not its customers, would be wiser.

Notice the difference: ordinary drivers and NOT Tesla employees did the EA blockade action.

The test drive offer was made by Lucid employees and NOT by ordinary drivers.

Going to war with the competing company, not its customers, would be wiser.
Marketing 301: Controversy breeds publicity. Any publicity when not enough publicity is better than no publicity.

Cheeky, low, but you only have 4 quarters cash left and needed to dilute or be privately acquired.

Any new extra Tesla owner is extra snowball effect of new early adopter, compounded by free press of Eletrek and other sites. Tesla fanboys may not care buying a Lucid EV, but their noise may shake even bigger Tesla non-fanboy crowd to be curious what’s going on, what is Lucid about?! Etc. etc.

Having just passed my citizenship test a few months ago, I’m pretty sure that’s not the amendment you’re looking for …
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Must be too many Texas shootings conditioned my fingers.

Back