Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
So my experience with Lucid Service...

After I received my Dream Edition, there were some minor issues which arose.

1) I experienced an issue where the power trunk would not operate. I placed a service call and the next day I received a visit from mobile service. Of course, I was not able to replicate the issue when they arrived, but they did not while trying to replicate the problem, there was a squeaking noise coming from the trunk that should not exist. This was something that I hadn't noticed as a squeak from a trunk is perfectly normal. More on this later

2) During the service call, I noticed a small divet, about 5 mm in length in the foam seal on the decklid. I asked the technician about it, and they said that was not supposed to be present. They placed an order for the replacement part.

3) The trunk close button popped out on its clips. While the technician was there, he was able to resecure it, but a few days later it popped out again. I texted the service manager and he ordered a replacement button as well as the liner that it was attached to as a backup in case they needed to replace both items.

4) About a week later, the outer rubber seal on the trunk decklid started to separate. I noted it down and took a couple pictures. Sent it to the service manager and he ordered that part as well.

5) Because I was not using it at all, I did not notice an issue with the frunk until a couple weeks after I took delivery. The latches were not operating properly. I sent a video to the service manager and he ordered replacement latches in case they could not fix the issue with adjustments.

All the parts were ordered, and I told the service guys, I would just wait until the last part had arrived at the service center before sending my car in. It took about 5 days for the replacement latches to arrive at the center. During all this, the service team was great about keeping in communication with me. I would either get a call or text every other day to update me on the status of the parts.

The service manager and a technician came out on Wed, 12/15 @ 10am to pick up my car to transport it back to the center, as I had told them I did not want to drive it there as it was too much of a hassle for me and the repairs could not be done via mobile service. They drove the car back to their service center, offered to take me to get a loaner if needed, but I declined.

The same day, around 4pm, I got an update from the service manager regarding the status of the vehicle. The next day, 2 more texts, one in the AM and one in the PM regarding the status of the car. Today, Friday 12/17, got a text at 9:30 AM stating car would be done today. Got a call around 11 AM going over what was completed and that all the issues had been addressed.

Surprising thing to me was that while servicing the car, the manager and technicians had noticed a squeak sound coming from the driver door when it was opened fully. This was not something I had noticed since I don't normally open it fully to get into the car. It was for the safety strap that prevents the car door opening too far. They could not fix the squeak and told me a replacement part was being ordered. Unsure yet as to whether or not this could be done via mobile service, but they believe it can be done.

Car arrived back at my home at 3:30pm as promised. All issues were worked out, car was detailed and looked like it had the day I picked it up.

Overall, my impressions and expectations for the service were completely met and I was completely satisfied with the experience. A+ in my book. I can confidently say, this was the best service I have ever received for a vehicle needing service and the communication was open, honest, and timely.

If you don't mind, what studio and what service center did you use? And if you have photos/videos of your issues with the car, could you post them? It would be helpful not only for us but for Lucid as it would eliminate mistakes identifying a problem that might be a design issue vs a production Q/A issue. You know, different owners identifying the same problem using different wording.

Closest SC to me is Beverly Hills. But I'm also within 1 hr of Torrance and Costa Mesa.

20211117_134023.jpg

Trunk button
20211122_105437.jpg

Seal separating

Don't have a video of the frunk, but the way the tech explained it to me was that one latch was beyond a specific tolerance level so when the release mechanism was triggered it would get stuck.

Interesting. Thanks for posting your pics. BH is my Salon too. Karsyn Jordan is our associate. She's been really awesome. We are in Brentwood.

Service sounds as if it was very well executed, even if it’s arguable whether some of these issues should have been picked up in assembly for a car of this stature.

Where I don’t agree with you is that a squeak from a trunk is perfectly normal. It should not be considered normal in any modern car. Ask my wife, I’m anal about squeaks and rattles and I haven’t had a squeaky trunk in many years. I have had noises in other parts of a car, some identifiable others not (hello Tesla). Squeaks & rattles, for me, really detract from my perception of quality.

Unfortunately for manufacturers of EVs, their typically quiet interiors makes any squeaks & rattles painfully obvious and places a greater burden on assembly quality.

It was a squeak only when closing, and I did not notice it since it was quieter than the latching sound, but they heard it and told me it shouldn't be present. If they neve mentioned it, I never would have picked it up.

I am impressed and happy to hear about your experience, especially the excellent communication. I hope Lucid is able to maintain this level of service as they get more vehicles on the road.

Service sounds as if it was very well executed, even if it’s arguable whether some of these issues should have been picked up in assembly for a car of this stature.

Where I don’t agree with you is that a squeak from a trunk is perfectly normal. It should not be considered normal in any modern car. Ask my wife, I’m anal about squeaks and rattles and I haven’t had a squeaky trunk in many years. I have had noises in other parts of a car, some identifiable others not (hello Tesla). Squeaks & rattles, for me, really detract from my perception of quality.

Unfortunately for manufacturers of EVs, their typically quiet interiors makes any squeaks & rattles painfully obvious and places a greater burden on assembly quality.
I have had WAY worse quality issues slip past on both Teslas we had.

I should note, the 2 seal issues did not affect waterproofing that part of the trunk.

Oh I found a pic of the divet that was on the seal.
20211114_114632.jpg

Yea I originally thought I was just where two sections met together and was a seam

Back