Lucid Quietly Introduces Zenith Red Gravity - April Fools

I love the Zenith Red on our Air. But, honestly, I like the "plumness" of this wrap -- at least as it appears in these photos -- a bit better for a Gravity.

And an interesting choice to pose the car in front of a bank of pink shrubs.

Interesting historical note: prior to the 20th century, pink was the color to symbolize masculinity and blue the color to symbolize femininity. The convention began to reverse only in the 1940's.

 
Last edited:
Zenith Red is great addition.
But I still maintain that the Gravity looks best in Stellar White.
 
Zenith Red is great addition.
But I still maintain that the Gravity looks best in Stellar White.

I have to agree. It still blows me away every time I approach ours.
 
Its a wrap
FTFY:

1775174311679.webp


That does look fantastic, though. Since we plan to keep our Gravity 6+ years I've been very tempted... but since we park outside I'm wary of durability.
 
Since we plan to keep our Gravity 6+ years I've been very tempted... but since we park outside I'm wary of durability.
Well, that creates an honest question. For those of us living in four season areas, is the durability of PPF/wraps less due to seasonal changes and being out in the elements any more than paint? I understand the basics of temperature and heat, snow and ice, but is there a definite negative impact on wraps? I've always PPFd my cars, but I garage them nearly always. Is there a shelf life for a wrap?

Thanks for clarification - I could see a wrap on my next Gravity for the sake of looking different, but intend on keeping the next car longer and it's an area I'm not at all familiar with.
 
Well, that creates an honest question. For those of us living in four season areas, is the durability of PPF/wraps less due to seasonal changes and being out in the elements any more than paint? I understand the basics of temperature and heat, snow and ice, but is there a definite negative impact on wraps? I've always PPFd my cars, but I garage them nearly always. Is there a shelf life for a wrap?

Thanks for clarification - I could see a wrap on my next Gravity for the sake of looking different, but intend on keeping the next car longer and it's an area I'm not at all familiar with.
PPF is definitely more durable. A vinyl wrap much less so.
 
Well, that creates an honest question. For those of us living in four season areas, is the durability of PPF/wraps less due to seasonal changes and being out in the elements any more than paint? I understand the basics of temperature and heat, snow and ice, but is there a definite negative impact on wraps? I've always PPFd my cars, but I garage them nearly always. Is there a shelf life for a wrap?

Thanks for clarification - I could see a wrap on my next Gravity for the sake of looking different, but intend on keeping the next car longer and it's an area I'm not at all familiar with.
This is a good topic.
vinyl wraps generally have a 2-3 year life span and have to be cared for a great deal. They scratch easily, chip easier then paint (especially as the wrap gets older and more brittle). They should be treated and cared for as vinyl and they sell vinyl conditioners and quick detail specifically formulated for vinyl (not clear coat/paint). It is the cheaper route then PPF but has half or less the life span. People go this route when they just want a color no one else has and maybe plan on changing it up every couple of years or so. Ceramic coat (for vinyl wraps) can be used once a year to extend the life span.

PPF in the past was always clear. However the wrap industry has been evolving rapidly and is now available in just as many colors as vinyl. Clear and colored PPF generally last for about 7-10 years, is scratch and chip resistant (not an end all but definitely way better than nothing). PPF has self healing properties which mean light scratches will heal out in the sun…basically the material heats up and fills itself back in. So say on black paint…you always see light swirls and scratches which form over time from washing…these same scratches can be seen on PPF if you wipe it down dirty but then leave in the sun for an hour or two and it will look brand new again. You can also ceramic coat PPF to give it more life and hydrophobic properties just like vinyl but can use regular paint ceramic coating. PPF is generally more money but last way longer and if you are looking to keep something looking good for years and not have to change it this would be the route to go.

Long explanation but hopefully that helps whoever is interested.
 
Back
Top