Lucid providing Free Charge Point Charging?

I was speaking with Lucid Boston Studio about delivery of my Touring next week. I confirmed they'll set up the Free Electrify America plan on my phone. Then he added "and for Charge Point as well". I questioned him, "Are you saying Lucid is providing Free CP as well as Free EA charging?" .. he said "Yes".

I'll find out for sure next week, but I've not found anything about this in the Forum or googling
Is the CP charging for high power chargers or just L2?
In my arae (Phoenix AZ), the vast majority of the CP chargers avaialble are L2. L2 isn't of much use for long distance travel.

Is the CP charging for high power chargers or just L2?
In my arae (Phoenix AZ), the vast majority of the CP chargers avaialble are L2. L2 isn't of much use for long distance travel.
Chargepoint charging is managed by whoever installs the chargers. The majority are L2, there are some L3 cropping up though.

You can always find Chargepoint L3 stations using Plugshare. Set filters as Networks: Chargepoint and Plug Type: CCS. There are a fair number of them, though nearly all are only 62.5 kW.

Apologies for starting the ChargePoint misinformation - it is what the Delivery guy said, but he was clearly mistaken.

We drove from NH to VA during the recent deep-freeze. I swapped out the Michelin Pilot Sport Summers for All Season, and for the cold and snow we experienced I'm very glad I had. We averaged 2.6 m/kWh and temperatures ranging from 50 in NH to 6 in VA.

Hours Miles kw/used m/kw Location Added Comments
2:15h 121.9 51kw 2.4 Manchester CT Add 45kw in 42 min Reliable charger at Walmart not far from the highway
2:30h 139.0 ??kw 2.9 Jersey Gardens NJ 65kw in 32 min Just off the NJTP at the mall, first 150 failed to connect
2:15h 125.2 46kw 2.7 New Castle DE 56kw in 40 min One was broken, one with short cord, busy, charged pretty quickly
2:30h 129.5 53kw 2.5 Fairfax VA 73kw in 60 min At a Home Depot, fast and can pick up HD Wifi

EA Observation: Every charger layout is different, but I feel the parking spaces are very tight. The ones with chargers between cars are the most difficult IMHO. One charger just failed to start, most started automatically, some want you to validate with the Lucid app (and tell it which charger you are at).

We left at NH 4:45 am. We drove through torrential rain from NH to CT, then NYC which sucks on a good day 😜 NJ was flat and smooth. Jersey Gardens Mall chargers are laid out well, with like 8 150's (all empty) and 4 or so 350s (all full). Heading to DE the temps started dropping a degree a minute until the snow began. Luckily it didn't last too long. Phat: "I don't trust the Lucid to find the charger" so we used Google. Apparently though, I entered "wawa new castle de" Google thought I meant the sound I'd make when it took us to the center of a residential neighborhood instead. 😭 Easily lost an hour driving around. Then, the Wawa chargers were all full 🤦‍♂️ and we're second in line. About a 30 minute wait. Charger frees up, I park, and the cord won't reach 😡 two minutes later another car leaves; Phat: "don't hurry that's how accidents happen" .. plug in and we're doing good. Charged for 40 minutes and we're on our way. Phat drove from there which includes the DC beltway. You might find us on the traffic cameras... I'm still shaking 😱

The Lucid was so comfortable to drive and Highway Assist worked pretty well, though it seems confused if there are double lines to the left (where the express lane is on the other side of the double lines). I found the heat output was just ok, though if you crank it to 80 it pumps out heat. I have heard both the Lucid has a heat pump and doesn't have a heat pump. The issue was the cold 10-20 degree temperatures and the window seals apparently shrink and let a lot of cold air in. I felt it could have blown out a birthday candle 😜

We couldn't take this much excitement for another two days and decided to take the AutoTrain out of Lorton VA -> Sanford FL instead. I was a little nervous with the Amtrak valets "WHAT IS THIS?" but I think they handled things well. The next drama didn't begin until we got to Sandford and I checked on the car. The app said it was just outside Savanah GA :mad: Did the train split up overnight? I can't say I wasn't alarmed. I held the app open as we watched cars coming off the train. Suddenly the app showed the car door opening, closed, and driving. 30 seconds later the Lucid was coming down the ramp. The GPS was messed up. We rebooted, twice, and it still thought we were in GA, and showed us moving through the woods and rivers LOL .. I texted Lucid Customer Service, who replied "we'll pass this over to engineer". The next day (now in Florida) the GPS was fine.

Conclusion: To no one here's surprise, cold weather reduces efficiency. Though, 2.6 average wasn't as terrible as I anticipated. We also had a few cold weather issues, perhaps for a car built in a much warmer climate. These problems were all resolved once we got to warmer temperatures.

• Window seals shrink and let cold air in
  • Frunk failed to open and was stuck about 3/8" up. Lucid Customer Service suggested gently pushing down on the hood while operating. Eventually that worked
  • GPS got lost
  • Right rear passenger door soft close stopped working
  • Error about right rear radar not working
The Lucid Air is a magnificent driving machine. The seats are very comfortable; more so than I had thought on first impressions. The car is extremely quiet on the highway, with really only some wind noise around the mirrors (which isn't as bad with a tail wind). Possibly the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons transmit a tad more road noise than the supplied EV Summers. I'm very happy with our purchase of the Lucid Air Touring

/keith

Please keep us posted on the charging experience on the east coast. Should I ever get my RWD Pure (reserved in April 2022) I will be driving back and forth between Ft Myers, FL to Canton, MA.
I'll be doing the Vero to mid Delaware route in about 5 weeks & will post what I find along the way.

Does Lucid Motor Company have a charging contract with Charge Point?
If any one has used them, please advise

Does Lucid Motor Company have a charging contract with Charge Point?
If any one has used them, please advise
No, though Chargepoint works great. Just install their app on your phone and link a credit card.

No contract but I use them often cuz there’s a free DCFC (125kw) near my job. Works fine you just need the Chargepoint app.

Oh sorry, I forget when someone is new to electric vehicles there’s a lot of abbreviations etc you’ll run into. It’s DC fast charging, also known as level 3, and the charging dispenser is rated to give a maximum speed of 125 kilowatts. If you want a physics lesson on it watch the Lucid tech talk videos on Lucid’s website.

Great news for Florida I95 travelers. Bucees in Daytona Beach has installed a bank of chargers. I read that some of their locations had EA chargers. I wii stop by next week on my return trip and check them out.

Back