Lucid NAV customization

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Was being shown the NAV system when picking up the car. I asked for a setting to avoid toll roads on the routes, since the Lucid NAV wanted to send me home using the adjacent toll road rather than the 405 freeway. My service guy, said good question, but could not find a setting. Seems like the NAV customization is not there. Does anyone know how to customize or is the NAV just VERY basic?

Sounds like you have taken delivery. Congratulations!

Was being shown the NAV system when picking up the car. I asked for a setting to avoid toll roads on the routes, since the Lucid NAV wanted to send me home using the adjacent toll road rather than the 405 freeway. My service guy, said good question, but could not find a setting. Seems like the NAV customization is not there. Does anyone know how to customize or is the NAV just VERY basic?
it's not VERY basic, how about we say it's not VERY customizable? 🤣 Set a destination on the 405 as a workaround now IMO.

I drove somewhere for lunch which took me away from the toll road. So I’m good. He said he would add it to the list of items for the software guys. BUT… if CarPlay becomes available, I’ll just use Waze

Sounds like you have taken delivery. Congratulations!
YES. Not home yet. Stopped for lunch. Drive down the 5, test an EA charger and then home.

Do share pictures!

Did you choose to go pick it up in (presumably) Costa Mesa as opposed to having them drop it off home?

Do share pictures!

Did you choose to go pick it up in (presumably) Costa Mesa as opposed to having them drop it off home?
They provided a Lyft to Costa Mesa and I drove it home. Found out only recently that they have done deliveries to the SD studio, but this worked as I was able to drive it home and put it through its paces. Beautiful drive - powerful, smooth, and quiet. Everything I was looking for, except for the range which I will figure out in due time. Putting it through jackrabbit accelerations is not conducive to efficiency, even though I was only in smooth mode, but it drives as it should. When I am done having fun and want to take it on a cruising trip, I expect the range will be there! This long ordeal is finally over and I can enjoy the car.

Attachments

• 5EB954CD-CDD6-4670-92CF-BBAC33A8A5E5.jpeg
    5EB954CD-CDD6-4670-92CF-BBAC33A8A5E5.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 113
They provided a Lyft to Costa Mesa and I drove it home. Found out only recently that they have done deliveries to the SD studio, but this worked as I was able to drive it home and put it through its paces. Beautiful drive - powerful, smooth, and quiet. Everything I was looking for, except for the range which I will figure out in due time. Putting it through jackrabbit accelerations is not conducive to efficiency, even though I was only in smooth mode, but it drives as it should. When I am done having fun and want to take it on a cruising trip, I expect the range will be there! This long ordeal is finally over and I can enjoy the car.
Happy with the 19’s?

Your car is on 1.2.6, correct? No the nav doesn’t directly avoid tolls but it will recommend up to 3 different routes, and you can click on each one to look at it. If you choose “manage routes”, then you can add waypoints which could allow you to avoid tolls if you know where you’re going, and you can drag and drop the waypoints in any order, which is a great feature I haven’t seen in other cars (although the implementation is just a little clunky).

As for range, I just drove up to Maine from Rhode Island, going between 70-80 most of the way, and got 4.0 mi/kWh. I’ve got 3k miles on the car so you might not get that efficiency right away but it’s doable, and that was in smooth mode with traffic and hills and climate and music and massaging seats and utterly ignoring any eco driving behavior, aside from keeping it in strong regeneration.

Happy with the 19’s?
Yes. Happy with the 19s. I think they look fine and of course will give better range and hopefully no blowouts.

Your car is on 1.2.6, correct? No the nav doesn’t directly avoid tolls but it will recommend up to 3 different routes, and you can click on each one to look at it. If you choose “manage routes”, then you can add waypoints which could allow you to avoid tolls if you know where you’re going, and you can drag and drop the waypoints in any order, which is a great feature I haven’t seen in other cars (although the implementation is just a little clunky).

As for range, I just drove up to Maine from Rhode Island, going between 70-80 most of the way, and got 4.0 mi/kWh. I’ve got 3k miles on the car so you might not get that efficiency right away but it’s doable, and that was in smooth mode with traffic and hills and climate and music and massaging seats and utterly ignoring any eco driving behavior, aside from keeping it in strong regeneration.
Yes. It has 1.2.6 installed. For general routing, ‘up to“ three is the key. Leaving the service center, it gave me 1 option. It is like Waze in in that respect. Adding waypoints as a workaround to force a certain route only is feasible if you know the road you want to avoid. If I am traveling somewhere where I don’t know the roads, it won’t help. For Lucid, I would rather them not try and reinvent the wheel (pun intended. Tesla already did that with their yoke 🤣) There are many very good apps which specialize in navigation - Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps, ABRP, for examples. They all give vast amounts of customization for the routes you want to see. With CarPlay, the Navigation in its current state would be fine for me And Lucid could focus on other more pressing needs. I ended up just just pulling up Waze on my phone and letting it direct me using the phone voice until I got out of OC. Lucid still wanted me to take the toll road after lunch even though I was closer to the 405, and all three options were for it. After I got to the El Torro Y, I turned off waze and just used the Lucid NAV from that point.

The NAV was fine for locating a charging station, although I knew where they were. but lacks proper information on charer status. It counts plugs and not stations. When I got to EA, all the stations were in use, although the App was showing free. Had to wait 15’ for one to open up. In the meantime, plugged into a L2, but it wouldn’t Recognize the car. Called Lucid and they eventually got EA on the phone to trouble shoot. By the time the 3-way call got going, the L3 station opened up and I plugged in. It worked fine. EA was going to put in a ticket for the L2 as that one should have recognized the car. It was obviously EA and not the car. (FYI - 150 kw plug drew 96kw. Battery was at 65% and I preconditioned before arriving)

Not worried about the efficiency. Haven’t really tested it at this point. Anytime one has a new toy, they like to play with it, and I certainly have not driven for efficiency on these first 100 miles. I was around 3.5 since last charge by the time I got to the EA station. I think it is reading 2.9 for the life of the car, but it started at 1.4 and had 43 miles on the odometer when I got it. It was just eating kW staying cool presumably while sitting in AZ for two months in production. I’ll get a better read on it going from 80% charge to 80% charge over the next few weeks.

When I got to EA, all the stations were in use, although the App was showing free. Had to wait 15’ for one to open up
I do hope Lucid adds integration with other companies like EVGo etc. EA is just a hot mess. From chargers not working, not delivering correct speeds and the app not reporting availability properly the information being pushed you our cars is effectively useless when it comes to EA. The data can’t be trusted.

So happy for you!

Didn’t know you could drag and drop those waypoints. Nice!

Didn’t know you could drag and drop those waypoints. Nice!
Yeah if you’re already on a route you can also ask Alexa to navigate somewhere and it will ask if you want to make it a new destination or on the way.

Back