Lucid Mobile Charger Flashing Red

scal_air

Referral code - ZQOO2D7O
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Referral Code
ZQOO2D7O
When I pulled into my garage today, I noticed that my Lucid mobile charger was flashing red. Upon further inspection, the charger, which was disconnected from my car was flashing red. The sequence was 6 red flashes, a pause, 6 more red flashes, another pause followed by three red flashes and a white flash. Then the sequence repeated itself. The mobile charger is plugged into a 14-50 and has not been disconnected from the outlet in over a year. I pulled the plug from the outlet, let it sit for a couple minutes, then plugged it back in with the same result, pulling the NEMA plug from the mobile charger and reseating it a couple times also did not change anthing. Out of desperation, I changed the NEMA to the 120V plug and tried a different outlet with the exact same results (same flashing sequence).
The mobile charger has been in use for under 15 months but I'm guessing my mobile charger is bricked. But thought I'd throw it out to the forum members for ideas...

When I pulled into my garage today, I noticed that my Lucid mobile charger was flashing red. Upon further inspection, the charger, which was disconnected from my car was flashing red. The sequence was 6 red flashes, a pause, 6 more red flashes, another pause followed by three red flashes and a white flash. Then the sequence repeated itself. The mobile charger is plugged into a 14-50 and has not been disconnected from the outlet in over a year. I pulled the plug from the outlet, let it sit for a couple minutes, then plugged it back in with the same result, pulling the NEMA plug from the mobile charger and reseating it a couple times also did not change anthing. Out of desperation, I changed the NEMA to the 120V plug and tried a different outlet with the exact same results (same flashing sequence).
The mobile charger has been in use for under 15 months but I'm guessing my mobile charger is bricked. But thought I'd throw it out to the forum members for ideas...
Might need a new charger. Should still be under warranty right? Check this link for error codes and meaning.

Charger came with the car purchased in April of '23. Not sure of the OEM warranty. 6 blinks is "pilot signal error" while three blinks is "loss of ground". Since I did try a 120 v outlet with the 5/15 plug, with no change, I don't think it's a grounding issue. Will chat with service tomorrow in hopes of a solution or a replacement if I'm lucky😉

The pilot signal is communication between the car and the EVSE, powering down and powering up should have fixed this. You may want to give it one more try again on the 240V outlet.

Thanks Adnillien but the charger isn't even plugged into the car. Letting it sit overnight fidnt help either. A call to CS wasn't able to resolve the issue

This just happened to me 2 days ago with a different setup. And may not even be the same situation as yours. After 19 month of working, charger started blinking red. I had a second Lucid charger which was V2V and tried it. Also red. So must be the car?

Then switched to 110v. Same result. Called for service. Then on a whim tried a different plug on a different circuit. After a number of red blinks the charger turned white. My 220 v setup involves using a ground wire which was plugged into the same 110 socket as the one first used in diagnosing. Changing where the 220v setup is grounded has fixed the problem. Cancelled service call.

Why an outlet loses its ground is still a mystery. Anyone on the forum have know?

So one lesson was after plugging in, is wait. It takes a little time (30 sec?) to get an accurate self diagnosis from the charger.

I am also thinking of buying a proper charger so I don’t have to jerry rig the electrical connection.

Why an outlet loses its ground is still a mystery. Anyone on the forum have know?
Most likely a loose ground wire behind the 120V receptacle. Or in your circuit breaker panel, though that is less likely.
The electrician that installs your proper charger could quickly fix the 120V receptacle while at your house.

This just happened to me 2 days ago with a different setup. And may not even be the same situation as yours. After 19 month of working, charger started blinking red. I had a second Lucid charger which was V2V and tried it. Also red. So must be the car?

Then switched to 110v. Same result. Called for service. Then on a whim tried a different plug on a different circuit. After a number of red blinks the charger turned white. My 220 v setup involves using a ground wire which was plugged into the same 110 socket as the one first used in diagnosing. Changing where the 220v setup is grounded has fixed the problem. Cancelled service call.

So one lesson was after plugging in, is wait. It takes a little time (30 sec?) to get an accurate self diagnosis from the charger.

I am also thinking of buying a proper charger so I don’t have to jerry rig the electrical connection.
Well your post gave me a little hope, so I hitched up my charger with the 5-15 plug installed. Around the house, upstairs and downstairs, but to no avail. It's a weird sequence, 6 red flashes, pause, 6 more, pause, three red flashes and then white. But I think it's an internal error within the charger.

Well your post gave me a little hope, so I hitched up my charger with the 5-15 plug installed. Around the house, upstairs and downstairs, but to no avail. It's a weird sequence, 6 red flashes, pause, 6 more, pause, three red flashes and then white. But I think it's an internal error within the charger.
Flashing red, at all, is the LCHCS protecting itself from what it thinks is an external error it can’t control.

See page 20 of the manual: https://store.lucidmotors.com/conte...e_Charging_Station_Guide_51.2.2022(en-US).pdf

You’re right and I should read better. My bad.

Lucid service called me today. Agreed its most likely a charger issue and will swap out a new charger via mobile tech next week. No charge - under warranty! How's that for service?😁

Lucid service called me today. Agreed its most likely a charger issue and will swap out a new charger via mobile tech next week. No charge - under warranty! How's that for service?😁
I hope you will get one of the new bi-directional chargers. I had to replace mine recently - they replaced with brand new but it was not bi-directional that could be used for V2V.

Didn't even think about that... that would be great but since I have only one EV, it would be more of a future proofing thing

Back