Lucid Love

Only advice I can give is ignore the negativity. There’s a lot of misinformation being spread about Lucid by a certain CEO and loyal fanboy base. Sadly, these people are just eating it up and then continue to spread it themselves.

If people are making those directly to your face I’d simply say “if you’ve got nothing nice to say don’t say it at all”

Enjoy the car, you’ll love it!

I actually just drove a model 3 again today after a year of Lucid Air ownership. Night and day- too much noise, bumpy on roads and I wasn’t very comfortable pushing it past 70. My Lucid seats were more comfortable and having buttons for climate control was bliss. It took me a good 20 minutes to figure out how to change the temp in the Tesla. Looks like there are some arrows on either side of the temp reading and you can hardly see those. And you can’t change temp in the climate screen- go figure….Tesla has best software? Nope!

Good job Lucid!

I love the simple, understated, luxury of the interior, the handling, and the driving performance. When people ask me about the car, I tell them that it feels like when I first started driving. I am constantly making excuses to drive the car, asking my family if they need me to go get something, and always offering to drive.

Then I ask them, does your car make you feel that way?

The new highland updated 2024 model ….. night and day difference from the old m3. My daughter has one and it’s a great car vehicle overall…. It’s no AIR but very nice and the software always works without glitch. Reviews have been very positive from all the mag rags/reviewers

The new highland updated 2024 model ….. night and day difference from the old m3. My daughter has one and it’s a great car vehicle overall…. It’s no AIR but very nice and the software always works without glitch. Reviews have been very positive from all the mag rags/reviewers
The one I drove was a 5 year old model, I’m sure new ones are better

No kidding on the misinformation....finance guy at dealership working my transaction said, "I had a change to drive this yesterday.....it was incredible. But...aren't they going bankrupt or something?"

For crying out loud. Makes for a buyer's market, in some ways, but in other ways, we do need the volume of sales to increase. So, once I have my car, feel free to open the sales floodgates!

it is good to learn that BMW was standup on your return. There is nothing about my AGT that I do not like and I love its dynamic capabilities around town, on interstates, and on mountain roads. I have driven mine on two 2000-mile cross-country trips without problems. Indeed, it was reliable, comfortable, and solid at interstate speeds. I would never criticize another person's vehicle choice or another manufacturer. Those who criticize Lucid have probably not driven one. Fear, uncertainty, and doubt are easily driven sentiments on the Internet.

I once pissed off a Tesla owning relative with the comment that my 7 year old could better design the interior of and Tesla and that I do not actually want Netflix or YouTube in my car. And that I wanted something more exclusive than a Tesla. When he drove my lucid he didn't know about the disappearing pilot panel..and proceeded to ask why they've provided an inaccessible box behind the screen. Then when I lifted the screen up and made it disappear it was like he heard the biggest FU ever. Somehow he got offended and believed it or not..we've not spoken since that evening.... And I've not lost a minute of sleep thinking about it.

I wish I could say that I don't believe someone is throwing that big of a tantrum over jealousy of someone else's possessions, but I've been there many times. I've gotten a little salt with my Rivian too, the first day I got it some guy in a big jacked up diesel truck stopped me in a parking lot and after finding out about my truck got all up in his feelings about it so I just gave him my "I guess you shouldn't buy one then" line and went about my day.

I recently had BMW buyback my lemon i4M50. Now I'm a new owner of an Air Pure. I've had it for about three weeks, and I'm pleased with it. However, I keep getting negative comments from friends like, "You car will spend more time being repaired than driven," "It's too glitchy to be worth the price," and "The company will be out of business before your guarantee even expires." I'd love to hear from other owners who love their Lucids and why. Why do you love your Lucid.?

If they're your friends, hopefully that means they're saying these things because they care about you and don't want to see you make an expensive mistake. You, being their friend, can thank them for their thoughtful concern, and then let your car do the talking.

Take them out for a spin and let them see what a delight the car is to ride in or drive, and how it packs in full-size luxury car space and SUV cargo space in an envelope that allows for unmatched efficiency. Ask them about all the glitches they (didn't) notice during the ride that they were trying to help you avoid. Some of the earliest Lucid adopters have seen issues but Lucid has been learning from the early issues and I would bet your Pure will be quite reliable.

As for the company going out of business-- isn't that what people were saying about Tesla before they started turning a profit? Lucid, like Tesla before it, benefits from a deep-pocketed investor who believes this car company's success is not optional-- it is absolutely necessary to help drive the state of the EV art forward and deliver a compelling alternative to the internal combustion engine. Lucid is the technology leader of the automotive industry, as Tesla was.

Many of us could practically write a book on why we love our Lucids. I've said quite a few things on this forum about how I love mine. I'll just add for today that every time I drive it, it's clear this car was engineered by true automotive enthusiasts. The way the steering wheel moves, the way the car reacts to the primary controls-- chef's kiss.

I wish I could say that I don't believe someone is throwing that big of a tantrum over jealousy of someone else's possessions, but I've been there many times. I've gotten a little salt with my Rivian too, the first day I got it some guy in a big jacked up diesel truck stopped me in a parking lot and after finding out about my truck got all up in his feelings about it so I just gave him my "I guess you shouldn't buy one then" line and went about my day.
Yup...I agree...I don't get it..further when I told the guy that I was actually buying a Touring not a Pure, the guy proceeded to tell me that I won't get it cos it's "more expensive" . When I told him I got the trim he thought was out of my reach..it may have started his agitation..driving back in his Tesla must be been fun that evening...and since then I've learned to simply focus on what matters to me and enjoy it regardless of what others say ..I love driving my Touring and plan to hold on to it for a long time...just like to lots of Lucid stock..ha..!

When people say “aren’t they going bankrupt” just simply reply with “no, no, I believe you’re getting them mixed up with Fisker”

Too soon? 😬

RIP Fisker. Good looking car sadly a stubborn CEO with poor quality & software lead to its demise. It’s a shame as I think the new players in town give the old guard a run for its money, just need deep pockets to survive the initial startup costs which Fisker didn’t have.

No kidding on the misinformation....finance guy at dealership working my transaction said, "I had a change to drive this yesterday.....it was incredible. But...aren't they going bankrupt or something?"

For crying out loud. Makes for a buyer's market, in some ways, but in other ways, we do need the volume of sales to increase. So, once I have my car, feel free to open the sales floodgates!
Good old Elon Musk to blame for that!

Yup...I agree...I don't get it..further when I told the guy that I was actually buying a Touring not a Pure, the guy proceeded to tell me that I won't get it cos it's "more expensive" . When I told him I got the trim he thought was out of my reach..it may have started his agitation..driving back in his Tesla must be been fun that evening...and since then I've learned to simply focus on what matters to me and enjoy it regardless of what others say ..I love driving my Touring and plan to hold on to it for a long time...just like to lots of Lucid stock..ha..!
Holding mine a decade at least, can't imagine anyone can make a luxury sedan that is more fun to drive!

Holding mine a decade at least, can't imagine anyone can make a luxury sedan that is more fun to drive!
That's my plan too.
The difference between a Tesla fan and a Lucid fan is that most of us love driving our Lucid. The thing I hear from my Tesla owning friends is how impressed they are about the car driving itself so that they don't have to.

That's my plan too.
The difference between a Tesla fan and a Lucid fan is that most of us love driving our Lucid. The thing I hear from my Tesla owning friends is how impressed they are about the car driving itself so that they don't have to.
Lol, exactly.
Driving Lucid vs driving Tesla, the appliance with the software enhanced features.
I'm not aTesla hater, my wife drives Model 3 (her choice, not mine) and she likes it. Well, women, in general are so different, lol.

Lol, exactly.
Driving Lucid vs driving Tesla, the appliance with the software enhanced features.
I'm not aTesla hater, my wife drives Model 3 (her choice, not mine) and she likes it. Well, women, in general are so different, lol.
I know it's not obvious from the forum, but I am a woman.

Back