Lucid Love

Doc B

Cars
Lucid Pure
I recently had BMW buyback my lemon i4M50. Now I'm a new owner of an Air Pure. I've had it for about three weeks, and I'm pleased with it. However, I keep getting negative comments from friends like, "You car will spend more time being repaired than driven," "It's too glitchy to be worth the price," and "The company will be out of business before your guarantee even expires." I'd love to hear from other owners who love their Lucids and why. Why do you love your Lucid.?

If you love the car, who cares what your friends think? Your BMW, a well-respected brand, was returned because it was garbage. A lousy car can happen to any manufacturer, and I have a vehicle from Rivian, a different startup, that's been the best vehicle I've ever owned, hands down. I trust it enough to take 2K+ mile cross-country trips in it, yes, more than one. When someone denigrates something that I bought and like, my response is always, "Well, I guess that means you shouldn't buy one then," or " Well, I guess it's a good thing I used my money to buy it instead of yours," and that shuts down the smart alec remarks.

The only thing is if you go this route you can't ever complain about your Lucid to your friends or they will remind you of the fact that they "told you so".

I recently had BMW buyback my lemon i4M50. Now I'm a new owner of an Air Pure. I've had it for about three weeks, and I'm pleased with it. However, I keep getting negative comments from friends like, "You car will spend more time being repaired than driven," "It's too glitchy to be worth the price," and "The company will be out of business before your guarantee even expires." I'd love to hear from other owners who love their Lucids and why. Why do you love your Lucid.?
Perfect question for @Chrry to answer!

I typically use the argument that every manufacturer, no matter how tenured they are, will always have chance of producing a defective vehicle. Of course, newer companies and certain brands may have a higher frequency of it, but looking up and studying the history of the produced units from a manufacturer can help reduce the risk of a defective vehicle (and having a little bit of luck).

For why I love my Air, it definitely has to be that, in my opinion, it has the best combination of design, practicality, and fun with almost no compromises. I previously owned a 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T as my daily driver and it checked all of the same boxes as an ICE sedan. However, I was ready to move onto either a hybrid or an EV in the luxury space as my next car and honestly, nothing else came close at the time (or even now) to what the Air offers in those categories combined.

The design of the car is very eye-catching and I would say that it is the most natural-looking evolution of what a sedan would look like going from being gas-powered to being battery-powered compared to some other brands. The presence of the frunk and lower shelf of the trunk means I didn't need to look for a sportback/hatchback or a crossover to squeeze out a some more practicality. And I don't think you'll find any disagreement with any owners that this car is quite exhilarating to drive, even with the lower motor output on the lower Pure trims.

So for me, the Air is basically the perfect car that I thought I could only dream of.

(Well, almost perfect - it almost feels like there's too much room inside sometimes so maybe I would enjoy a slightly smaller car a bit more; the better efficiency would be a nice bonus. We'll see once Lucid's future midsize sedan releases.)

(Well, almost perfect - it almost feels like there's too much room inside sometimes so maybe I would enjoy a slightly smaller car a bit more; the better efficiency would be a nice bonus. We'll see once Lucid's future midsize sedan releases.)
I agree. Give me the Lucid Air in a smaller package with the luxury and the performance and it would be perfect and I would be running down to buy it. But you and I are in a definite minority. Most drivers want a bigger car with more room so manufacturers take all the good stuff out of the small cars and only put it into the big ones.

I typically use the argument that every manufacturer, no matter how tenured they are, will always have chance of producing a defective vehicle. Of course, newer companies and certain brands may have a higher frequency of it, but looking up and studying the history of the produced units from a manufacturer can help reduce the risk of a defective vehicle (and having a little bit of luck).

For why I love my Air, it definitely has to be that, in my opinion, it has the best combination of design, practicality, and fun with almost no compromises. I previously owned a 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T as my daily driver and it checked all of the same boxes as an ICE sedan. However, I was ready to move onto either a hybrid or an EV in the luxury space as my next car and honestly, nothing else came close at the time (or even now) to what the Air offers in those categories combined.

The design of the car is very eye-catching and I would say that it is the most natural-looking evolution of what a sedan would look like going from being gas-powered to being battery-powered compared to some other brands. The presence of the frunk and lower shelf of the trunk means I didn't need to look for a sportback/hatchback or a crossover to squeeze out a some more practicality. And I don't think you'll find any disagreement with any owners that this car is quite exhilarating to drive, even with the lower motor output on the lower Pure trims.

So for me, the Air is basically the perfect car that I thought I could only dream of.

I totally agree. I'd like it a bit smaller, but love it anyway. I've never driven anything like it before. Driving it is my favorite part of a lot of my days!
My husband and I have always had our own cars and never shared - until now. He has a 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 T, which I think is the same as your previous car since it was redesigned in 2018. He loved that car when he got it. But now if I'm not driving the car, he leaves his at home and takes my Lucid.

I agree. Give me the Lucid Air in a smaller package with the luxury and the performance and it would be perfect and I would be running down to buy it. But you and I are in a definite minority. Most drivers want a bigger car with more room so manufacturers take all the good stuff out of the small cars and only put it into the big ones.
1000%. I absolutely love my GT. But give it to me in an E46-sized package and I'll be camping outside the dealership to sign up.

I think you are the first guy that I can remember who omplains about too much room.
Wow, simply wow.

Immediately, few jokes are forming in my head, but I'll refrain from posting them.

I too am surprised that there are people who feel the Air is too big when I'm waiting for the Gravity because the Air isn't big enough.

It looks like Lucid effed-up again by making the car too big.
To all who complain, my suggestion, move the seat forward. Much forward, as forward as possible, then report.

Air = 196"
i5 = 199"
EQE sedan = 197"
Audi A6 e-tron = 195.3"

Maybe the Air feels so much bigger to some folks because of the unbelievable interior space!
I think they are talking Mercedes E class size
👍

Air = 196"
i5 = 199"
EQE sedan = 197"
Audi A6 e-tron = 195.3"

Maybe the Air feels so much bigger to some folks because of the unbelievable interior space!
I think that is a big part of it. It feels bigger than it is. Although for me, I've spent over 40 years driving smaller cars, mostly compact size. So this, and my last car, have been an adjustment.

Maybe you need new friends.

I think you are the first guy that I can remember who omplains about too much room.
Wow, simply wow.

Immediately, few jokes are forming in my head, but I'll refrain from posting them.
This is less of a complaint about the car and more of what would be changed from the current iteration of the Air to fit what would be personally my ideal sedan for me, which is why I referenced me potentially taking a look the future midsize sedan and not directly saying the next-generation Air should be smaller. I enjoy all of the additional space that the Air gives over my previous car and the competition, but I would gladly trade a bit of it for increased efficiency and form-factor in another vehicle.

I too am surprised that there are people who feel the Air is too big when I'm waiting for the Gravity because the Air isn't big enough.
The Air is incredibly big inside when comparing against only other sedans, but I have nothing against the additional space at all. I'm also not in the market for a crossover or SUV any time soon.

Air = 196"
i5 = 199"
EQE sedan = 197"
Audi A6 e-tron = 195.3"

No. I think they are all too big to be ideal FOR ME. As the posts immediately above demonstrate, as I asserted, most folks want bigger vehicles.

I've had a few comments like that, I just explain to them " the reason I bought the car is because it is the best engineered EV out there and handles like a BMW M5! Nothing trumps driving pleasure, and with a rich country like Saudi backing it, NEVER going bankrupts, and stop listening to Tesla fanboys and Elon Musk"

I once pissed off a Tesla owning relative with the comment that my 7 year old could better design the interior of and Tesla and that I do not actually want Netflix or YouTube in my car. And that I wanted something more exclusive than a Tesla. When he drove my lucid he didn't know about the disappearing pilot panel..and proceeded to ask why they've provided an inaccessible box behind the screen. Then when I lifted the screen up and made it disappear it was like he heard the biggest FU ever. Somehow he got offended and believed it or not..we've not spoken since that evening.... And I've not lost a minute of sleep thinking about it.

Back