Lucid light behavior change

Amster

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
I saw a thread a few days ago and I can't find it now. About how the front light bar and Lucid name turn off quicker when the car unlocks. I just verified it. When the car unlocked the mirrors came out, the Lucid and full front lights lit up, and stayed on for a second and then went off. This is definitely new. A few weeks ago, we went out and upon exiting the restaurant, the front lights came on as we approached and stayed on for a long time. Long enough to talk about who's profile it would load and to answer another couple's Lucid questions since they noticed the lights and were curious. Actually we ended up talking to them for 20 minutes about the car.

I saw a thread a few days ago and I can't find it now. About how the front light bar and Lucid name turn off quicker when the car unlocks. I just verified it. When the car unlocked the mirrors came out, the Lucid and full front lights lit up, and stayed on for a second and then went off. This is definitely new. A few weeks ago, we went out and upon exiting the restaurant, the front lights came on as we approached and stayed on for a long time. Long enough to talk about who's profile it would load and to answer another couple's Lucid questions since they noticed the lights and were curious. Actually we ended up talking to them for 20 minutes about the car.
Mine too.

Ditto, I like it.

My lights have started doing this since 2.2.2 and I hate it. I was assuming it was a software bug and not a change in feature behavior. I sure hope it’s just a bug that will be fixed in the next release…

My lights have started doing this since 2.2.2 and I hate it. I was assuming it was a software bug and not a change in feature behavior. I sure hope it’s just a bug that will be fixed in the next release…
There are times I like it and times I don't. I've had it stay lit so long, shining into restaurant windows and annoying everyone. So in general, I think that it's good. But sometimes I just love looking at the light display, and I miss it. It's not something they wrote about, so who knows if it will change back or not.

Hate seems like a strong word.

This had escaped my attention, and still does.

I would like to see the automatic display when the car wakes up to be short. But a button on the phone app to invoke a longer more elaborate light show, for when you are showing off the car.

That would be cool for car shows. Just being able to do the charging light show on demand would be perfect.

Confirmed that this happens now on mine too...and I'm pretty sure I do not like it..I miss the glowing lucid lightbar and logo glowing when walking to the car...my son also misses the light show hed get excited by...sigh...oh well..

I personally prefer for the lights to turn off after "greeting" sequence. Everyone will have their opinion different. Some wants to stay on, some wants off. They best would be if it will be configurable with the time preset off, 15 sec, 30 sec. We can only hope maybe one day it will be implemented. Writing new software features is very expensive and time consuming. Lucid is probably prioritizing Gravity at this point and have small team to address current bugs/fixes only in Air code base.

Hate seems like a strong word.
Yet it is how I feel. I prefer the car to illuminate the immediate area when I approach at night, which it no longer does. That is a safety issue and should at least be a selectable option, hence why I hope the change is a bug. I’m not sure why my individual feelings are being judged.

Yet it is how I feel. I prefer the car to illuminate the immediate area when I approach at night, which it no longer does. That is a safety issue and should at least be a selectable option, hence why I hope the change is a bug. I’m not sure why my individual feelings are being judged.
The car has enough sensors to know it’s night and be able to do this at night.

Yes, but I don’t want it happening when I’m at a drive in movie.
I've been to a drive in movie prior to this change and since I got in well before the movie started I could adjust the headlights to not bug anyone. This is a pretty fringe use case but I think making this user selectable would have been the right move.

After the gym tonight, the car picked up me approaching it from a far bit off so I could have used the illumination as I walked up to it as opposed to a tease of ample light of a sexy light bar turning on followed immediately by a disappointment inducing pitch darkness. I know that others will have an opposing viewpoint of flashing the light into their neighbors house etc.ehichbis why this should be user selectable.

For example, my prior BMW would let me choose whether to turn the headlamps on or off. Hopefully in future updates we get this choice.

I've been to a drive in movie prior to this change and since I got in well before the movie started I could adjust the headlights to not bug anyone. This is a pretty fringe use case but I think making this user selectable would have been the right move.

After the gym tonight, the car picked up me approaching it from a far bit off so I could have used the illumination as I walked up to it as opposed to a tease of ample light of a sexy light bar turning on followed immediately by a disappointment inducing pitch darkness. I know that others will have an opposing viewpoint of flashing the light into their neighbors house etc.ehichbis why this should be user selectable.

For example, my prior BMW would let me choose whether to turn the headlamps on or off. Hopefully in future updates we get this choice.
I agree.

For what it’s worth, with the Home Assistant integration, you can turn the lights completely off. That’s what I do at drive in movies.

Back