Lucid iPhone app only works (wakes up) after 2nd try (consistent each time)

BAW

Just got my lucid a couple days ago. Running latest Lucid iPhone app version along with latest IOs version. When I bring the app it doesnt wake up and connect to the car. Just sits there forever. If I close the app and open it again a second time, it consistently wakes up and connects immediatly. This is on 2nd try and reproducible each time. Customer service not aware of this issue, but filed a bug report I think.
Anyone having this issue?

Just got my lucid a couple days ago. Running latest Lucid iPhone app version along with latest IOs version. When I bring the app it doesnt wake up and connect to the car. Just sits there forever. If I close the app and open it again a second time, it consistently wakes up and connects immediatly. This is on 2nd try and reproducible each time. Customer service not aware of this issue, but filed a bug report I think.
Anyone having this issue?
This is a known bug, reported by 53% of owners. If you wish, additional information about known bugs is available at www.lucidupdates.com.

This is a known bug, reported by 53% of owners. If you wish, additional information about known bugs is available at www.lucidupdates.com.
Thanks. Apparently not known to customer support. But I gather they are not able to manage, look up, report, confirm..known bugs on the phone. I appreciate your response and link to your website as well. Will definitly be a frequent visitor to it!

Thanks. Apparently not known to customer support. But I gather they are not able to manage, look up, report, confirm..known bugs on the phone. I appreciate your response and link to your website as well. Will definitly be a frequent visitor to it!
Lucid Motors is well aware of that website and all of the bugs. Unfortunately, they do not always publicly acknowledge this awareness. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are checking the big ones off the list!

Reactions: BAW
Lucid Motors is well aware of that website and all of the bugs. Unfortunately, they do not always publicly acknowledge this awareness. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are checking the big ones off the list!
Just to clarify, while Lucid is certainly aware, an individual CS agent may not be; their job is to take in the reports, look for solutions, and escalate if needed, and they may not have access to or be aware of all the previously reported bugs. That may sit with a higher-up.

Reactions: BAW
most responses are related to IOS. is this happening with Android also? May be this has something to do with app not being able to track teh location though set as such in settings?

Unfortunately, I've been experiencing this occasionally on Android as well. And it's relatively new. Not sure if it's related to a recent OTA or not. It's also intermittent in my case. Galaxy S23 with the lucid app set to stay open and all permissions allowed

Just so funny .. as I was responding here and wondering my wife who had taken the car elsewhere with just her mobile got stuck there. Car unlocked with her phone but went to my profile and then refused to start until she entered the pin. I had forgotten my pin so had to go to meet her with a fob so that she can drive back home. I have to trouble shoot this as her phone was clearly set to her profile and not mine. Not sure how that got changed.

Just so funny .. as I was responding here and wondering my wife who had taken the car elsewhere with just her mobile got stuck there. Car unlocked with her phone but went to my profile and then refused to start until she entered the pin. I had forgotten my pin so had to go to meet her with a fob so that she can drive back home. I have to trouble shoot this as her phone was clearly set to her profile and not mine. Not sure how that got changed.
It sounds like her mobile key may not have been working when she got stuck. Did she open the car with app? Or did the passive unlock work? If the car had been sleeping for 15 minutes, the profile may have reset to your profile. If she unlocked the car with the app because the car did not detect her mobile key, then her profile would not load and the car would ask for a PIN to drive.

It sounds like her mobile key may not have been working when she got stuck. Did she open the car with app? Or did the passive unlock work? If the car had been sleeping for 15 minutes, the profile may have reset to your profile. If she unlocked the car with the app because the car did not detect her mobile key, then her profile would not load and the car would ask for a PIN to drive.
She had opened the car using the app as her mobile key ( and mine too) doesn’t always work. I deleted her mobile key and redid the setup. it’s working fine now. we decided to start taking the old fashioned proximity key just in case :)

Last edited:
Just looked at the software update notes and and was surprised to see Lucid Owners Forum mentioned there. That’s cool.

Back