Lucid in Vancouver?

hmp10

Active Member

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2020
Messages
8,695
Reaction score
14,389
Location
Naples, FL
Cars
Air DE-P, 2 Gravity DEs
Air DE Number
395
Gravity DE Number
067
238
Referral Code
033M4EXG
We just spent three days in Vancouver and saw the place crawling with Teslas, mostly Model 3's. We would often count 10 or more in a single block of downtown traffic. Also saw a few Ioniq 5's, several Mustang Mach-E's, a couple of MB EQS'd, and a couple of VW ID.4's. But not a Lucid in sight. Vancouver has very high gas prices, but their electricity -- sourced from hydro -- is among the cheapest in North America.

I have read that Vancouver, which has the highest EV penetration in all of Canada, has a Lucid dealership and a service shop and was the first international sales location Lucid opened and is still the core of their presence outside the U.S. It is also quite a wealthy city. So I was a tad perplexed not to see a single one, given how much time we spent on the roads in the area.

A sales clerk in a downtown shop did notice my partner was wearing his Lucid baseball cap. He seemed to know quite a bit about Lucid and peppered him with questions. However, he said he almost never saw one.

Has anyone else had a different experience with seeing Lucid's in Vancouver? (I've checked and cannot find any brand/model-specific sales or registration numbers.)
 
I lived in downtown Vancouver last Summer and you're 100% right about Teslas. My god, they are everywhere. I was within walking distance of Lucid at the mall, so visited regularly. They were later than the US in deliveries starting so perhaps that's the problem. When I left end of Summer, they hadn't even received one to show or demo. Hopefully they're just playing catch-up. (I will say I saw very few Rivians downtown, as well. So it may be that most of the Vancouver-centric drivers just want smaller cars.)
 
We just spent three days in Vancouver and saw the place crawling with Teslas, mostly Model 3's. We would often count 10 or more in a single block of downtown traffic. Also saw a few Ioniq 5's, several Mustang Mach-E's, a couple of MB EQS'd, and a couple of VW ID.4's. But not a Lucid in sight. Vancouver has very high gas prices, but their electricity -- sourced from hydro -- is among the cheapest in North America.

I have read that Vancouver, which has the highest EV penetration in all of Canada, has a Lucid dealership and a service shop and was the first international sales location Lucid opened and is still the core of their presence outside the U.S. It is also quite a wealthy city. So I was a tad perplexed not to see a single one, given how much time we spent on the roads in the area.

A sales clerk in a downtown shop did notice my partner was wearing his Lucid baseball cap. He seemed to know quite a bit about Lucid and peppered him with questions. However, he said he almost never saw one.

Has anyone else had a different experience with seeing Lucid's in Vancouver? (I've checked and cannot find any brand/model-specific sales or registration numbers.)
Honestly, in part, it might just be that they’re crazy expensive in Canada.
 
I lived in downtown Vancouver last Summer and you're 100% right about Teslas. My god, they are everywhere. I was within walking distance of Lucid at the mall, so visited regularly. They were later than the US in deliveries starting so perhaps that's the problem. When I left end of Summer, they hadn't even received one to show or demo. Hopefully they're just playing catch-up. (I will say I saw very few Rivians downtown, as well. So it may be that most of the Vancouver-centric drivers just want smaller cars.)

Yep, we saw three Rivian's, too -- 2 R1S and 1 R1T. Forgot to mention them.
 
Honestly, in part, it might just be that they’re crazy expensive in Canada.

Maybe, but just how expensive are they there?

We were walking past quite a few pricey studios and showrooms: Prada, Balenciaga, Burberry, Tiffany, Cartier, Hermes, Gucci, Brunello Cucinelli, Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari, et al.

Beautiful city, by the way.
 
Maybe, but just how expensive are they there?

We were walking past quite a few pricey studios and showrooms: Prada, Balenciaga, Burberry, Tiffany, Cartier, Hermes, Gucci, Brunello Cucinelli, Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari, et al.

Beautiful city, by the way.
To answer your question... they are pricey up here in Canada:

1790592928658.webp


Shown in $CDN (would convert to ~$US123K).

You don't see many because no one knows Lucid exists. I'm in Ontario and was not aware of Lucid as a brand until my first 'in the wild' Gravity sighting in January '26 - which prompted a ton of research (thx to multiple posters on this Forum!) and ultimately my purchase. Since that first sighting, have only seen one other Gravity which, coupled with the price creates a HUGE sales/brand awareness problem. You have to frequent the Mall, where the Sales Centre is (I don't) in order to know of their existence. They are there because Tesla is there... but Tesla has 14 other dealership locations in Ontario. I get it that these are growing problems that will get sorted (Cosmos?) 🤞

Glad I saw the Gravity back in January (and waited for the '27 MY) as after 6 weeks of ownership - virtually no issues and no regrets here on the purchase and get the 'perma-grin' every time I drive the car. Like many others on the Forum I feel this is absolutely THE best SUV experience available!

Why pay less? LOL
 
Back
Top