Lucid Has My Full Attention

Rob Nelson

Cars
Porsche
I am close to placing my order. I signed up to learn more. I drove 2 Teslas. My fav cars have been Porsche. I'm helping the IMSA Championship Lamborghini team, KPAX Racing based in Sonoma, CA. Our team won pole in Spa for the 24-hour recently.

KPAX Spa Pole Issue.jpg

Very exciting! Good luck with your exploration and decision.
Thanks. I've been in discussions with the Chicago office. Being in Memphis, I have not yet actually seen a Lucid face to face. The CEO's YouTube with Jay Leno got my attention. Being a Porsche guy for decades, I like the idea of Lucid's tech strategy. My undergrad was BSME, so I do enjoy digging in the tech prior to placing my order.

Thanks. I've been in discussions with the Chicago office. Being in Memphis, I have not yet actually seen a Lucid face to face. The CEO's YouTube with Jay Leno got my attention. Being a Porsche guy for decades, I like the idea of Lucid's tech strategy. My undergrad was BSME, so I do enjoy digging in the tech prior to placing my order.
And what did you come away thinking after researching their tech?

I am close to placing my order. I signed up to learn more. I drove 2 Teslas. My fav cars have been Porsche. I'm helping the IMSA Championship Lamborghini team, KPAX Racing based in Sonoma, CA. Our team won pole in Spa for the 24-hour recently.

View attachment 3931
Congrats to your team on achieving the pole postion. That is awesome! Also, congrats on joining this forum. You will find a ton of info here. Most of it is useful, some, not so much. One thing you will need to understand if you go forward and place your order, you need lots and lots of patience. Most of us were told when we confirmed our orders that we should have our car in 2 to 5 months. That timeline is out the window with their recent reduction in estimated cars to be produced this year. It has gone fron 20K to 12-14k and is now at around 6k for 2022. I placed my order for a GT in mid-April and now am hoping for a delivery before the end of the year. Sigh. I expect the wait to be worth it from my test drive and the posting of those that have already received their cars. If you are looking at the Pure or Touring, the wait will be even longer as Lucid is trying to get the majority of the GT orders delivered before really ramping up for the Pure and Touring by the end of this year. Lucid's two mantras are quality, quality, quality; along with efficency, efficency efficency. I have taken a deep dive into Lucid's financials, the engineering aspects of the car and its management team. While I have three degrees in engineering, none of them are in ME so I am guessing you are better qualified to assess the details of this car, especially with your day to day background in racing cars. Thus, I would love to hear your thoughts on the Lucid. I believe Lucid Motors is a engineering leader in so many of the critical compenents that make up a BEV that it will be a leader in this industry some day.

For the record, many of us have been receiving cars within the 2-5 month window. There was a recall and delivery stoppage, but that is over. My order was confirmed 4/5 and I will be picking up my car Wednesday. Some people are receiving outside of the window, some because of configurations and some for no tangible reason. I wouldn’t let any of that stop you.

For the record, many of us have been receiving cars within the 2-5 month window. There was a recall and delivery stoppage, but that is over. My order was confirmed 4/5 and I will be picking up my car Wednesday. Some people are receiving outside of the window, some because of configurations and some for no tangible reason. I wouldn’t let any of that stop you.
That is wonderful news! Congrats. When did you get your VIN?

It was about 3 weeks ago. I had my DA hunt some cancellations for me and she landed one with my desired specs. So pumped!
in theory it's all first come first serve or as what you call 'shortage is done'. Colors are a major pain point. My confirmation was 3/29 Zenith Red, live in AZ itself and haven't heard a word about when my VIN will be assigned

I am probably the only buyer who asked to slow my delivery of GT down. Having placed order at Miami car show then confirmed selection 2 weeks ago was quoted 2-5 m
my wife and I going to spend 2 months in Europe where I am now. I asked that the car NOT be delivered for next 2 months while I am away for obvious reasons
Service agent laughed stating everyone is pushing for faster delivery!
hoping car is going to be ready in months 4-5 then it’s all good
thats my story

...hoping car is going to be ready in months 4-5 then it’s all good...
Just select 20" wheels and you're good to go!

I am probably the only buyer who asked to slow my delivery of GT down. Having placed order at Miami car show then confirmed selection 2 weeks ago was quoted 2-5 m
my wife and I going to spend 2 months in Europe where I am now. I asked that the car NOT be delivered for next 2 months while I am away for obvious reasons
Service agent laughed stating everyone is pushing for faster delivery!
hoping car is going to be ready in months 4-5 then it’s all good
thats my story

I have a very nice, comfortable DD so I am not in a great rush to get my Lucid which gives Lucid time to continue to improve its software. Any time in 2023 or even 2024 is fine with me.

Back