Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

I have not had any FOB issues since the SC reset with the latest version (x8 days). Still get some error messages but not stopping me from enjoying the vehicle, sorry that is not the case for some. Be nice to the Gravity gremlins and... :)
 
Good point, coming from an old hacker. I'd be curious if it's susceptible to the common "man in the middle" key fob signal theft. No Pin-to-drive I assume?
There is an entire large rabbit hole that is forming around cyber in general with encryption. For anything that has a computer and software, look into NIST SP 800-208.
 
I’ll add that I was told yesterday by local Lucid studio that they don’t see fob problems with recent deliveries FWIW.
Honestly and YMMV and all that...
Going to 3.3.5 or 3.3.8 and getting the key fob updated is the fix for the 'entry,' 'start,' and 'locking' process. Sometimes you need to shake the fob to wake it (or more drastically change the battery when chirping) - all good. I have been experimenting with a battery that has already gone past the chirping. After a week, it is still working. Also, profiles that used to take 20-25 seconds to change, now take 2-3 seconds to change. Great progress Lucid! There is always more to fix with software.
 
Mobile tech said the fob uses UWB AND Bluetooth. I am too lazy to look up filings with FCC or whatever. It seems UWB will be better and more reliable.

But, we know the fob has Bluetooth as that’s how it gets updated via the app.

This is what was driving my mobile tech crazy. He said “Lucid tried to reinvent the fob and it’s taking a ton of time for us to troubleshoot…”. But, that was at release of 3.3.5. He seemed to feel better about it going forward.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply it didn’t also have bluetooth. But it uses UWB for proximity.
 
Would you be able to check check if your card works?

I had the unit replaced for mine but the card NFC didn't work consistently, and then completely failed in a couple of days.
Quick update for you - it’s been just over 2 weeks and the key cards still work. I think the key fob and key card issues have been solved for me.
 
3.3.5 was downloaded to our first Gravity when it was at the Roswell Service Center for a rear drive unit replacement. They assured me they had also done the key fob firmware update.

When the mobile tech was here a week ago to do some things with our other Gravity (including its fob firmware update), the fob for the first car was not available because that car was at a shop for a door ding repair. We got the car back yesterday, and now that the fob firmware can be done via the owner's mobile app, I thought I'd check. The update proceeded and gave me a message that the fob had been updated to 2.33.08.

So either that is a subsequent firmware update to the one that came with 3.3.5, or Roswell had not done the update as they claimed.

If you're still having key fob troubles and thought your fob firmware update had been done, you might want to check using your mobile app.
 
3.3.5 was downloaded to our first Gravity when it was at the Roswell Service Center for a rear drive unit replacement. They assured me they had also done the key fob firmware update.

When the mobile tech was here a week ago to do some things with our other Gravity (including its fob firmware update), the fob for the first car was not available because that car was at a shop for a door ding repair. We got the car back yesterday, and now that the fob firmware can be done via the owner's mobile app, I thought I'd check. The update proceeded and gave me a message that the fob had been updated to 2.33.08.

So either that is a subsequent firmware update to the one that came with 3.3.5, or Roswell had not done the update as they claimed.

If you're still having key fob troubles and thought your fob firmware update had been done, you might want to check using your mobile app.
2.33.08 is the one that came with 3.3.5. So they hadn’t done it for you. Shocking, I know
 
Yet all my other fobs batteries last years and never have this sleep issue. My lucid fob has gotten a new batteries in months time....LOL. I will by some battery stocks to support my crazy addicted battery key fob.
Costco sells cr2032 batteries in bulk lol
 
3.3.5 was downloaded to our first Gravity when it was at the Roswell Service Center for a rear drive unit replacement. They assured me they had also done the key fob firmware update.

When the mobile tech was here a week ago to do some things with our other Gravity (including its fob firmware update), the fob for the first car was not available because that car was at a shop for a door ding repair. We got the car back yesterday, and now that the fob firmware can be done via the owner's mobile app, I thought I'd check. The update proceeded and gave me a message that the fob had been updated to 2.33.08.

So either that is a subsequent firmware update to the one that came with 3.3.5, or Roswell had not done the update as they claimed.

If you're still having key fob troubles and thought your fob firmware update had been done, you might want to check using your mobile app.
thanks for the heads up. just updated mine, been too busy to set an appointment to visit the service center. now I can hold off a bit longer.

-iThinkEV-
 
Costco sells cr2032 batteries in bulk lol
Just in case, it’s a CR2450 for the Gravity. And, it doesn’t actually eat batteries (in my experience). That idea started before the “take battery out and put back in” fix came along. I’ve been monitoring my voltage since then (because hey, that’s such a fun thing to do) and it’s been fine.

That’s not to say some folks aren’t having ED (electricity drain, NOT what you folks probably thought at first) issues with the fob. But I think those are more rare cases.
 
The fob continues to totally befuddle me. Had fob issues with proximity and “key not detected”, so I did the battery out/in reset as the battery was showing near full voltage. That worked for 2-3 days.

Today, error pops up saying “Fob battery low, replace soon”. Fob wasn’t chirping, but I’ve not had that error in 3+ months of ownership, so, I went ahead and put a 100% fresh battery in (right out of new pack and tested with voltmeter).

Proximity unlock works, car starts, then I park to wait for my kid at practice. Kids get in car, and car says “key not detected” and will not start. So, I start it with the key card and it’s fine.

But…what is going on? I had thought/hoped fob issues were done and now I feel like, while definitely better, it’s still unreliable and I have no idea how/why it wouldn’t start tonight unless I used keycard.

Ugh. Love love the car. For the life of me can’t understand why the fob issue seems harder to solve than world peace.
 
Ugh. Love love the car. For the life of me can’t understand why the fob issue seems harder to solve than world peace.

Haven’t run into the fob issue but I’m wondering if Lucid folks are reading this forum and the myriad of issues we are all facing ?

Love the driving experience, but by Jove, the software is beginning to kill any positive buzz around this car.
 
Haven’t run into the fob issue but I’m wondering if Lucid folks are reading this forum and the myriad of issues we are all facing ?

Love the driving experience, but by Jove, the software is beginning to kill any positive buzz around this car.
Yes. Lucid reads the forum regularly and they work to be responsive. We’ve seen some Lucid folks chime in, ask to help, etc.

I think the fob issues, in particular, have had a ton of focus from them, but even with the improvements (most folks here seem close to 100% fine), they’ve got some fixing to do with the fob still. Super frustrating for me, but after having spent the first month or so having to use the key card only, I know it’s improved. But I don’t understand why it can’t be solved entirely.
 
Yes. Lucid reads the forum regularly and they work to be responsive. We’ve seen some Lucid folks chime in, ask to help, etc.

I think the fob issues, in particular, have had a ton of focus from them, but even with the improvements (most folks here seem close to 100% fine), they’ve got some fixing to do with the fob still. Super frustrating for me, but after having spent the first month or so having to use the key card only, I know it’s improved. But I don’t understand why it can’t be solved entirely.
I don’t understand why it even was a problem? Wasn’t this solved decades ago by every other manufacturer?
 
I park to wait
I have mentioned this before, the car doesn't like waiting with key fob inside. It has a hard time waking up. But as some have stated this is by design ( 🤣 ) for security reasons and to save battery etc... This design feature causes real world issues. Fob issues can be easily reproduced. Some are not seeing the issues because they are not in those scenarios that reproduce the issues.

If you get in drive the car and then get out with the key and some time later return to the car the fob experience has improved noticeably. For many other scenarios it has not.
 
I have mentioned this before, the car doesn't like waiting with key fob inside. It has a hard time waking up. But as some have stated this is by design ( 🤣 ) for security reasons and to save battery etc... This design feature causes real world issues. Fob issues can be easily reproduced. Some are not seeing the issues because they are not in those scenarios that reproduce the issues.

If you get in drive the car and then get out with the key and some time later return to the car the fob experience has improved noticeably. For many other scenarios it has not.
I understand, but me waiting isn’t new and hasn’t been an issue the past 3+ months. I wait for carpool, etc in the car all the time but haven’t had this specific issue in probably two months…I also shook the fob a bunch before I used the card. It’s harder to wake up than my teenagers, I guess!

They’ll fix it. It’s just tough when I thought it had been solved…
 
I don’t understand why it even was a problem? Wasn’t this solved decades ago by every other manufacturer?
You know the answer to this. You’ve been here long enough. Please stop posting things solely to inflame.

This comment does not contribute meaningfully to the discussion. The only plausible response is “ughhh I knowwwww” or “lucid sucks” or some similar such thing. All of which is fine, but not useful.

If you want to start a thread on “how to build better key fobs” fine, though there are a few threads on that already so I’d suggest starting there.

But we don’t need more of the same question being asked.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top