Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

Yeah my fob has only not opened the car twice, but then it did after squeezing it a couple times, and I did get the shake to wake alert but that went away. Maybe it’s due for a new battery but I do use a faraday bag so I’d be surprised.
Mine certainly behaved more rationally when i noted it was a little less responsive and replaced it. Outright failures… reset, reboot. For minor degradation of response, fresh battery seems a better choice.
 
I am sorry but I think that is "as designed". the key goes to "sleep" if it is just stationary for a while?
Correct.
 
The mere fact that Lucid messed up with Air and didn’t fix this with Gravity made me not buy a Gravity for my wife. Listening CEO, get this stuff fixed……

Earnings call CEO said they are making the best car, what’s the point if you can’t open the doors. Does CEO even know customers are having these issues? Who cares about autonomous cars if you can’t get in?
Please stop. You have posted this on every thread, multiple times, whether relevant or not. It is clear they are listening, as evidenced by the myriad number of updates and the fact that it has clearly improved based on reports here.

You didn’t buy the car for your wife because of the fob; okay. We are aware. Telling us about it over and over on every thread is not going to get it fixed any faster (if it isn’t already).

What you’re doing is against the guidelines. I’m asking you nicely to please stop. Consider re-reading the guidelines if it helps, please.
 
It falls asleep as a security feature. It's meant for when you leave your keys in your home. Many thieves have found they can use certain equipment to pick up the fob signal from outside the home and use it to replay it and steal the car.
Correct; and to save battery life as well.
 
Why did you even respond then? To put me down, look smart? or to pick a fight.:rolleyes:

+Another example of beating up a poster for simply stating what is happening with vehicle and asking questions. I own a cybersecurity/MSP company and have for 30 years, but what does that have to do with it? You can disagree that is great, but trying to put me down is stupid.

I feel it is just that easy as every other car company known to man has done it for decades. Since none of my other 4 vehicles do it I feel its a bad design, is that simple to me. But that is just my opinion and that is my final answer...lol

Have a great day!!
An ask: lower the temperature. Both of you have valid points, and it’s okay to disagree. I happen to agree with @9point81 but I absolutely see @MGravity’s point from their perspective.

Two opinions can both be right, with context.

My suspicion is the *facts* bear out @9point81’s guess; but I don’t know for certain.
 
No argument here, I have never seen this on any other car either. But I think others have mentioned it has to do with the "bluetooth" design they chose or so. It is for sure not a good look, especially in 2025 with a $100k+ car. I am just hopeful the Apple Key will just add another layer of a "working" option. Then you have the key card, the fob, your phone .. hopefully one of it will always work lol
Gravity uses UWB, not Bluetooth like the Air. And yes, Digital Key should work seamlessly once implemented (famous last words, I know)
 
Correct, terrible design. Lots of design flaws in this vehicle add this one to the list. Because it was designed with this flaw makes it normal even though it has a awkward function failure. The worst part is this key fob feature isn't a new design of anything, just a broken implementation.

Of course all my opinion.... :rolleyes: I just want this FOB to work just like all my other vehicles... Too much too ask I guess.
 
Correct; and to save battery life as well.
I am not saying that wasn't Lucid's intent, just saying I don't like it, it doesn't work like many other vehicles. It's causing a headache when you want to leave the vehicle running with passengers in it. Common occurrence everyday around the world.

Wait... I thought of a work around, everyone get out of that car (stand outside in the rain ) and wait outside the car while I run into the store. Why? My Lucid fob goes to sleep and if I leave you and the fob listening to music in climate control and come back it wont let me drive the car as they fob has a tough time waking back up once it goes to sleep. Guys you have to understand it was designed this way to keep my car safe. Ya I know your fob works just fine, I know but Lucid is the best car ever, its worth the hassle. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Just making a point.
 
Last edited:
Correct; and to save battery life as well.
Yet all my other fobs batteries last years and never have this sleep issue. My lucid fob has gotten a new batteries in months time....LOL. I will by some battery stocks to support my crazy addicted battery key fob.
 
As a current Tesla driver awaiting my Gravity, I can say this about Teslas. Sure, they have a much longer trial, error, research with key-cards and fobs so they have "learned" what works and doesn't. My first Tesla 2020 model X came with 1-key fob and no key-cards. Had it for 3 years and NEVER had a fob problem. It also worked from my Tesla APP on my iPhone. My current Tesla 2024 model Y came with 2 key-cards and no fob. I had to buy a fob from Tesla at $140. (Its still on its original battery after almost 2 years.) The model X I would just automatically change the battery once a year and I carried a spare battery in the center console. Tesla just announced they will probably discontinue providing any key-cards with the new lower priced Model Y. The newer, last couple of years, Tesla just "work well" with you phone.

I look forward to my Gravity when it arrives to "just work well" with my iPhone and I will always carry the key-card in my wallet (as does my wife). And hopefully the Fob will also work well as I have always carried a Fob for 5 years now.
 
I have had the car for exactly 4 weeks today, have not had an issue with key fob at all before and after updating both the car and the key fob. I have however had a 5-minute screen black out/ not drivable once, which I fixed with a soft reset. On two occasions, while backing out of my garage, the backup sensors would not turn off and kept beeping. Corrected on its own when I arrived to my destination and walked away for an hour or so.
 
I look forward to my Gravity when it arrives to "just work well" with my iPhone
Yes x 100. I should (hopefully) be getting my Gravity in the next couple days. I'm still shocked that Lucid can't get the fob/car key/PaaK rock solid yet. I know everyone gets sick of "My Tesla..." stories, but come on! I got my model 3 SEVEN YEARS AGO and it worked with the phone only without errors until I de-Eloned my life this past May. Never needed a fob, never needed the card key except for valets. I was always amazed how fast I could get in the car, buckle and start moving...

Some here say "but they had a head start..." Um, not really. It worked 100% correctly for me and I was very early adopter. So it's amazing and frustrating to not have these "basic" tech challenges figured out by now. (BTW-I know this could possibly be an Apple thing, but not sure about that...why would they cozy to Tesla over others? Rivian still waiting for PaaK, so possibly it's Apple.)

Oye...hope mine works at least with the FOB, though I look forward to not carrying around old clunky and chunky tech in my pocket when the phone is fully capable...
 
Gravity uses UWB, not Bluetooth like the Air. And yes, Digital Key should work seamlessly once implemented (famous last words, I know)
Mobile tech said the fob uses UWB AND Bluetooth. I am too lazy to look up filings with FCC or whatever. It seems UWB will be better and more reliable.

But, we know the fob has Bluetooth as that’s how it gets updated via the app.

This is what was driving my mobile tech crazy. He said “Lucid tried to reinvent the fob and it’s taking a ton of time for us to troubleshoot…”. But, that was at release of 3.3.5. He seemed to feel better about it going forward.
 
Credit where it’s due. I left my car at airport for several days, walked up to it early this morning and everything worked - handles presented, started, etc. No key fob warning. And it’s been great all day. I didn’t change the battery or do the battery reset as I was determined to just see if it would work and it IS. It did tell me the rear wheel steering wasn’t working, but it was.

Whatever the issue was last week, the car seems to have slept it off like a bad hangover or, in my case, like an old guy who took the red eye last night…when will I learn???
 
Back
Top